• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
77LSewF.gif

Moaradin

There's nothing official saying Mob Psycho 100 is ending, but it feels like it has been wrapping up for a while now. I mean, it's on its 100th chapter right now with 141 pages (and still counting). Really feels like he wants to end it with this chapter.

cntr

Banned
I liked that episode. Not one of the bestest episodes, but it's not bad.

There's nothing official saying Mob Psycho 100 is ending, but it feels like it has been wrapping up for a while now. I mean, it's on its 100th chapter right now with 141 pages (and still counting). Really feels like he wants to end it with this chapter.
Wait, is that what he's doing now?

Amazing.

Jonas Venture might be one of the worst dads in fiction. Even Ging is more of a good dad than Jonas by a country mile. Some of the shit he did was basically just to torture his son in the most demeaning and public ways possible.
I'm probably forgetting a lot of stuff and they probably revealed some things in the last season which I haven't seen and I don't even remember much from seasons four and five.

cntr

Banned
We should go through the list of Greed Island cards once the arc is over because, yo, Togashi spent some time on that.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm probably forgetting a lot of stuff and they probably revealed some things in the last season which I haven't seen and I don't even remember much from seasons four and five.

I believe the Action Man woke Rusty up with a gun to his temple as he pulled the trigger and goes something along the lines of,"Not the this time Rusty". Col. Gentleman made him murder people.

Isn't one of the cards like a fucking
fetus
or something?
I believe the Action Man woke Rusty up with a gun to his temple as he pulled the trigger and goes something along the lines of,"Not the this time Rusty". Col. Gentleman made him murder people.
Holy fuck, at least Ging had the common sense to abandon his kid. Shit.

cntr

Banned
Fickle Genie
This genie will grant you three wishes, but you need to suggest 1000 potential, significantly different wishes and he will choose three from among them. (No cheating by asking for different increments of money.)

Hypothetical T.V.
Input a hypothetical situation with the included remote, and this TV will show you a 30-hour documentary of the possibilities. You are also able to record.

Double Postcard to the Dead
Address and mail this return postage-paid postcard to a deceased person, and you will get a reply the next day. A book of 1000.

Hormone Cookies
After eating this candy, your sex will temporarily change for 24 hours. A set of 10 boxes; 20 cookies per box.
Actual Greed Island cards.

cntr

Banned
I didn't post that once since everybody talks about it when the cards contain so much more wacky shit than just that, lol.

But it's this:

Pregnancy Stone
Carry a stone (weighing 7 lb. each) for one month and you will get pregnant, even if you're male. You may choose the sex of the baby by the female or male stone.

cntr

Banned
Yes, seriously.

I also like this entire subseries of Greed Island cards:

Fledgling Athlete
Warm this magic egg in your hand for three hours a day for one to ten years, and you will become a top athlete when it hatches. The stronger your desire during incubation, the sooner it will hatch. 

Fledgling Artist
Warm this magic egg in your hand for three hours a day for one to ten years, and you will become a top artist when it hatches. The stronger your desire during incubation, the sooner it will hatch. 

Fledgling Politician
Warm this magic egg in your hand for three hours a day for one to ten years, and you will become a top politician when it hatches. The stronger your desire during incubation, the sooner it will hatch.

Fledgling Musician
Warm this magic egg in your hand for three hours a day for one to ten years, and you will become a top musician when it hatches. The stronger your desire during incubation, the sooner it will hatch. 

Fledgling Pilot
Warm this magic egg in your hand for three hours a day for one to ten years, and you will become a top pilot when it hatches. The stronger your desire during incubation, the sooner it will hatch. 

Fledgling Novelist
Warm this magic egg in your hand for three hours a day for one to ten years, and you will become a top novelist when it hatches. The stronger your desire during incubation, the sooner it will hatch. 

Fledgling Gambler
Warm this magic egg in your hand for three hours a day for one to ten years, and you will become a top gambler when it hatches. The stronger your desire during incubation, the sooner it will hatch. 

Fledgling Actor
Warm this magic egg in your hand for three hours a day for one to ten years, and you will become a top actor when it hatches. The stronger your desire during incubation, the sooner it will hatch. 

Fledgling CEO
Warm this magic egg in your hand for three hours a day for one to ten years, and you will become a top CEO when it hatches. The stronger your desire during incubation, the sooner it will hatch.
Togashi actually sat down and came up with these dumb cards. It's amazing.

Morlas

Greed Island sounds like one of those annoying old ass tabletop rpgs that only like 5 percent of people finish because the objectives are so obtuse

cntr

Banned
Hunter x Hunter would be a pretty great tabletop RPG, imo. It'd be the best way to turn it into a game without simplifying nen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Greed Island sounds like one of those annoying old ass tabletop rpgs that only like 5 percent of people finish because the objectives are so obtuse

Yeah if Ging's intent was for his idiot son to complete this someday, well, no that's not going to happen.

caliph95

I have never played DnD but I imagine he would put a lot of impossible enemies as well that you have to outsmart the Dm to beat

cntr

Banned
I always assumed that Togashi cleaned his room up before meeting Takeuchi so it absolutely astounds me that not only he didn't, she was fine with it. They're both crazy people.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ah I couldn't stand space dandy so I only made it like 7 eps in and have mostly blocked the series from my memory.

so much talent behind it. I was so excited for the series given everyone involved.

such a terrible show :/ easily one of the top disappointments in anime for me if not the top.

. . .

What?!

zulux21

. . .

What?!

I liked the english voice actor for dandy, as well as amused that the robot was voice by Detective Conan in english, and the animation, but I hated pretty much every single character in the series (including dandy), found every story to be exceedingly dumb, and find boob monsters and zombie episodes about as interesting as talking about paint drying with people.

Everything about the series just rubbed me the wrong way and almost nothing about it was interesting, fun, or amusing to me. The tiny bits that were of interest were quickly lost in the weekly episode structure created by having multiple directors.

neither myself or my college buddy remotely enjoyed the series. which greatly disappointed both of us because the talent behind it had us have really high hopes for it going into it.

Pregnancy Stone. The manga version of that card is something else lol

NSFW

There are 2 1/2 other drawing variations of that card

And that's Gon holding the cards and looking at them as Asta had traded them over. She gave them a bit more tips
on life
than just that G.I. exploit + the card shop

I always assumed that Togashi cleaned his room up before meeting Takeuchi so it absolutely astounds me that not only he didn't, she was fine with it. They're both crazy people.
I always assumed Takeuchi was the voice of reason in that relationship...she isn't. They must compliment each other in some way though. I do find it funny that he got mad at her for tossing out a copy of Shonen Jump because it had one of his chapters in it.

Morlas

I liked the english voice actor for dandy, as well as amused that the robot was voice by Detective Conan in english, and the animation, but I hated pretty much every single character in the series (including dandy), found every story to be exceedingly dumb, and find boob monsters and zombie episodes about as interesting as talking about paint drying with people.

Everything about the series just rubbed me the wrong way and almost nothing about it was interesting, fun, or amusing to me. The tiny bits that were of interest were quickly lost in the weekly episode structure created by having multiple directors.

neither myself or my college buddy remotely enjoyed the series. which greatly disappointed both of us because the talent behind it had us have really high hopes for it going into it.
That's too bad because the second season contains some of my favorite anime episodes

Top Bottom