• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2016 |OT| Lead-out: EUROs / Autobus: Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Kristoff doing a winner's interview with Norwegian TV while radio tour announces Peter Sagan as the winner.

CnqEHzcWEAADAWf.jpg:large

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2016/1700/PROFIL.png[img]

We've finally made it to the Alps so it's time to see what Quintana has left in the tank.[/QUOTE]

Movistar can't compete with Sky. Froome will get carried up to the last 5km today. Qintana will be alone.

Ruruja

'twas foolish of me!

I wonder now that Cav has gone home if Sagan will still go hunting in the break for the sprint points at the bast of the big climbs?

Good point, he's got green pretty much sewn up.

Save himself for a cheeky attempt for the win at the Champs-Elysees maybe?

Joni

'twas foolish of me!

I wonder now that Cav has gone home if Sagan will still go hunting in the break for the sprint points at the bast of the big climbs?

It is pointless. There is one possible victory left for Kittel, not enough to take back Sagan.Kittel will just consolidate his second place in the hopes that Sagan quits.

Lols, of course Sagan is in the breakaway.

He's going to provide amazing value for whatever team, Bora?, gets him next year even with his monstrous salary.

Ruruja

Lot of Astana riders still there (though I think a couple came back from the break).

Quintana down to just Valverde.

I would love Astana to set the pace now, then have Aru and Nibs attack on the decent.

Astana are in a great position with 6 in the peloton and two up the road

Lot of Astana riders still there (though I think a couple came back from the break).

Quintana down to just Valverde.

Nope, the two are still up the road.

Yates still hanging on, the plucky bugger.

Has he even had a single team-mate with him in any of these climbs?

Don't think so. Orica didn't really bring him any support, I don't think they thought he's be this good. Plaza was pretty useless for Chaves in the Giro so I suspect he's here as more of stage hunter.

Froome down to two?

Great work by Nibali to help put Sky under pressure. I still think Aru has two next to him.

Nibs, Rosa, and Aru. Come on lads

edit: I wish they didn't go to the break. I think Astana were gonna make a move.

edit edit: i guess not a technical enough descent. looks like Froome has 4, two behind him.

Froome down to two?

Great work by Nibali to help put Sky under pressure. I still think Aru has two next to him.

Nibs, Rosa, and Aru. Come on lads

edit: I wish they didn't go to the break. I think Astana were gonna make a move.

edit edit: i guess not a technical enough descent. looks like Froome has 4, two behind him.

Looks like Froome has 3 chaperones while Aru has 2.

Great work by Nibali.

Is there a better all round cyclist in the world? classics, descending, climbing, bike handling. He has it all. I can only think of Valverde who is as good on all fronts.

Great work by Nibali.

Is there a better all round cyclist in the world? classics, descending, climbing, bike handling. He has it all. I can only think of Valverde who is as good on all fronts.

Tom Dumoulin is very all-round.

+ Valverde can sprint

Sky once again reducing the mountain stages to a snoozefest.

Looks like he's struggling to to hold the wheel of his teammates, then takes off at light speed.

Quintana off the back!

...and Mollema long gone.

Sky are just too strong. Astana can't be sending people up the road because when Aru eventually catches up to them, the main group of GC guys are still there.

Turns out it was over 18 minutes. I suppose if you are going to blow, you may as well blow big and hope you recover enough to try for a breakaway now that he's not going to be marked.

Man this Tour is really bumming me out. Sky is overly engorged with talent and other GC contender teams are only capable of planning to react and then failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom