• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PoliGAF 2012 | The Romney VeepStakes: Waiting for Chris Christie to Sing…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

God damn, he's been talking about fixing crumbling bridges for nearly 4 years now, when's it gonna get done?

He wanted to do it as part of the stimulus, but repubs blocked it because they said all the money would go to unions doing the work.

I can't believe regulation is already a dirty word again....

People have short memories.

Gotchaye

all of this is complete bullshit.

his wording, "send me this bill" and "send me that bill" is just setting up congress to fail. congress won't do shit this year and he will campaign against a do-nothing congress. this speech is just a way to set up that argument.

this is a 2012 re-election speech, nothing else. he knows full well none of these things will be passed.

Of course that's what he's doing. And that's great! We /do/ have a do-nothing Congress and Republicans who are set on obstructing anything useful.

You can't blame the guy for proposing things that he'd be happy to sign even though he knows that the other side isn't going to pass the stuff; that's how you make it clear to voters what's actually at stake and hopefully you avoid 2010 all over again.

Zzoram

his wording, "send me this bill" and "send me that bill" is just setting up congress to fail. congress won't do shit this year and he will campaign against a do-nothing congress. this speech is just a way to set up that argument.

this is a 2012 re-election speech, nothing else. he knows full well none of these things will be passed.

But his ideas sound perfectly reasonable and good for America. It's not his fault Congress has Republicans that will do anything they can to block anything from happening so they can blame a broken America on Obama.

Or Congress could do some of those things. It is up to them.

Zzoram

Yea Obama is nothing without his teleprompter.

He just freezes up.

That's factually incorrect. Remember that time he was addressing that Republican audience in an open forum, and he was dismantling every Republican so badly that Fox News actually cut away from it because they couldn't stand seeing Obama run circles around their Republican heroes.

Chumly

Whos fault is that? When republicans dont do shit its kind of hard to do something about it.

RDreamer

This is not a debate.

What the Republicans have been doing can barely be called a "debate" anyway. It's nothing but rhetoric spewing back and forth. Most questions are nothing more than non-sequiter mini-speeches barely touching on the actual topic at hand. With this speech I can pretty much tell how Obama is can counter any one of their points.

But yes, I obviously know they're not the same thing. But I can tell where he's going, and you can also kind of tell he's countering quite a few of the "points" raised against him in those debates by Republicans.

And I meant it's night and day because Obama's rhetoric seems to have a bit more reasoning and grounding in reality than the rhetoric being spewed by Mittens and Gingrich nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom