• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PoliGAF 2012 | The Romney VeepStakes: Waiting for Chris Christie to Sing…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-ibn Kermit

That's the thing- if I'm going to a 4 year university- because that's where the majority of high school kids are pushed to go- I don't have the option of entering a trade. Kids who don't do well in school are directed towards trade schools.

Why not give kids steered towards university the option of majoring in or learning about a trade? A 4 year degree isn't required to be a machinist, but it's not required to be a broadcaster, a drafter, a programmer, or an accountant either.

People who want to learn a trade and take some interesting/socially enriching courses will go to community college. By your system, people would be spending tens of thousands of dollars more for the same amount of education and the same type of certification.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
WTF Boner. Sick kids and sick women are ok?

watershed

Banned
all of this is complete bullshit.

his wording, "send me this bill" and "send me that bill" is just setting up congress to fail. congress won't do shit this year and he will campaign against a do-nothing congress. this speech is just a way to set up that argument.

this is a 2012 re-election speech, nothing else. he knows full well none of these things will be passed.

You're partly right but Presidents don't legislate, Congress does. Its always been the President's role to set the agenda then press Congress to turn it into a bill.

Definitely not his best SOTU

I was hoping the speech would be about income inequality well at least concentrating mostly on that.

But after watching some of Republican stump speeches, this is refreshing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I wouldn't mind a backway investment in green energy via the DOD, but even then will these dipshits in the house bother passing it? Even if the military says it, I'm sure they'd only want energy initiatives involving only the most potent cancer causing coal.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I wish Rob Cordry was our financial watchdog in some weird way.

Worst SOTU he's done by a fair margin. More complexity in the tax code, more industry subsidies, more short term redistributionism with no long term plan to tackle income inequality, free subsidies to homeowners. Everything thats terrible about the Liberal platform rolled into one.

Also throw in Xenophobia and the idea that manufacturing will return to the US (it won't get the fuck over it) .

He's come full circle now, just listing industries he wants campaign contributions from and keeping things as populist as possible.

Tamanon

Banned
Definitely not his best SOTU

I was hoping the speech would be about income inequality well at least concentrating mostly on that.

But after watching some of Republican stump speeches, this is refreshing.

Well, there's more income inequality stuff coming up soon. Buffett Rule time ahead.

Amir0x

Banned
hehe i was just freaking out my fiancee because i had a small wireless headset in one ear on internet stream that was a few seconds ahead of the tv broadcast which was on delay, and I was predicting everything Obama was saying ahead of time and she was all like "what the fuck, how are you doing that?"

"I learned it in a magic book I was reading. It's a simple trick, I can teach it to you!"

Cheesy, but I giggled!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Worst SOTU he's done by a fair margin. More complexity in the tax code, more industry subsidies, more short term redistributionism with no long term plan to tackle income inequality, free subsidies to homeowners. Everything thats terrible about the Liberal platform rolled into one.

The throw in Xenophobia, the idea that manufacturing will return to the US (it won't get the fuck over it) .

He's come full circle now, just listing industries he wants campaign contributions from and keeping things as populist as possible.

Don't worry, none of what he says gets done anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom