• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PoliGAF 2012 | The Romney VeepStakes: Waiting for Chris Christie to Sing…

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Directly handing out cash...should be illegal I would think.

Oh and shouldn't conservatives be aghast by this? Imagine if Obama had given money away to someone.

Obama has made enough concessions in terms of reform for Medicare/SS. It was a part of his big deal he offered Boehner but he rejected.

Democrats want to start SS Reform by removing the 106k cap on SS Tax.

What would removing the $106K cap on the Social Security tax do? That's not reform. That's taxation, which isn't necessarily bad. But it isn't necessary for solvency of the program, either. Solvency comes down to whether the federal government chooses to fund it.

As far as opting out of Social Security, there's nothing forcing you to take it over your own retirement plan. But you'll still have to pay the taxes.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
well done. Funny and true. Love that they used every trick in the book: slow-mo, black-and-white, sad music, and shock value. :)

I haven't found a ton of what Colbert has done recently funny, but that was gold. I hope he can get in the double digits as a write-in.

Wazzim

Banned
Colbert - now Jon Stewart PAC releases its SC Ad

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/01/15/mitt_romney_is_a_serial_killer.html

amazing lol...what a mockery of CU

KuGsj.gif

This is so good.

Tamanon

Banned
Pure, unadulterated gold there.

And it's actually an effective ad in the traditional sense, plus it's pretty damn funny if you're aware of the joke.

Santorum staffer questions if a woman could be president.

This reminded of an incident I had with my roommate. I rarely talk to the dude, but one time I sat down with him when I was watching one of the Republican debates, and he told me, out of the blue, he wouldn't vote for a woman as president. I asked him why, and he didn't answer the question, instead saying something about how "all the poor niggers voted for Obama in the last election just because he's black, even though he's biracial."

I...did not know how to respond.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Santorum staffer questions if a woman could be president.

This reminded of an incident I had with my roommate. I rarely talk to the dude, but one time I sat down with him when I was watching one of the Republican debates, and he told me, out of the blue, he wouldn't vote for a woman as president. I asked him why, and he didn't answer the question, instead saying something about how "all the poor niggers voted for Obama in the last election just because he's black, even though he's biracial."

I...did not know how to respond.

I would have responded with a "You are a racist and misogynist prick" and then followed up with 'time to find a new roommate, because I am moving out"

How could you live with someone like that?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Also, completely random thing:

Late last night I was at a friend's and we were watching old episodes of the Simpsons. One scene in one episode really stood out, but for a different reason. It was the episode where they're filming the Radioactive Man movie. Eventually the scene with Mickey Rooney shows up to convince Milhouse to re-join the movie. For those of you that haven't seen the episode (shame on you), he basically says (paraphrasing): "If you don't do this for yourself and the movie going public, then at least do it for me. The Mickster.".

I mention this cause I could see Romney doing the same shit in real life to some little kid.

"Come on, son. Vote for me. If not for your own well being and that of the country, then do it for me. The Mittster".

(Also, yes I realize children can't vote, but it still played hilariously in my mind)

Also, completely random thing:

Late last night I was at a friend's and we were watching old episodes of the Simpsons. One scene in one episode really stood out, but for a different reason. It was the episode where they're filming the Radioactive Man movie. Eventually the scene with Mickey Rooney shows up to convince Milhouse to re-join the movie. For those of you that haven't seen the episode (shame on you), he basically says (paraphrasing): "If you don't do this for yourself and the movie going public, then at least do it for me. The Mickster.".

I mention this cause I could see Romney doing the same shit in real life to some little kid.

"Come on, son. Vote for me. If not for your own well being and that of the country, then do it for me. The Mittster".

(Also, yes I realize children can't vote, but it still played hilariously in my mind)
Unfamiliar with "the gipper"?

Does it bother anyone that none of the candidates have talked about how they plan to break the endless gridlock and improve the bitter partisanship in Congress? Is that not one of the biggest problems facing the current administration, and one of the biggest obstacles to progress in this country?

No one will be able to do anything they say they want to if they can't do that first. Obama, I think, has done everything he can.

Does it bother anyone that none of the candidates have talked about how they plan to break the endless gridlock and improve the bitter partisanship in Congress? Is that not one of the biggest problems facing the current administration, and one of the biggest obstacles to progress in this country?

No one will be able to do anything they say they want to if they can't do that first. Obama, I think, has done everything he can.

America hates congress - why would anyone want to promise to get along with them? Obama and whoever will try to run on "I'm better than those douchebags and will lead them to the promised land if they just listen to me".

Believe or not, the only two people to even remotely mention filibusters and other related Senate stupidity have been Bachmann and Newt. But that was a long time ago.

Dude Abides

Banned
America hates congress - why would anyone want to promise to get along with them? Obama and whoever will try to run on "I'm better than those douchebags and will lead them to the promised land if they just listen to me".

In the debates they actually all talk about coming together and getting things done through the magic of leadership. Newt talks about when he worked with Clinton, Mitt with the Mass. legislature, Santorum talks about how he won a blue state, Paul says he'll go to the American people which will force Congress to enact his crazy ideas.

GhaleonEB

Huntsman should drop out and go back to being the ambassador to China.

I'd love to be in on that conversation. "Um, boss? Forget all those things I said about you..."

Huntsman is in a pickle. He was popular in Utah but left the job to work for Obama, making him toxic there. And he didn't register on the national stage. I'm guessing he either goes into some kind of consulting/lobbying gig, or into perpetual campaign mode ala Romney over the past four years to gird up for the next run.

Clevinger

And so the only semi-sane Republican's campaign ends with a whimper.

I wonder if he's going to be Romney's bitch for the rest of the primary like Pawlenty has been.

And so the only semi-sane Republican's campaign ends with a whimper.

I wonder if he's going to be Romney's bitch for the rest of the primary like Pawlenty has been.

Don't doubt it. Pawlenty and Huntsman will be angling for the VP slot now, since Rubio insists he won't take it even if the GOP forces it upon him.

Seems like the tea party is coming around to Romney as well, even if it's only in the "Hey, he's a panderer ... maybe he'll pander to us if we twist his arm enough!" or "Well, shit, better him than Obama" kind of way.

watershed

Banned
It makes sense, Huntsman and Romney were the most similar out of all the candidates in the republican field. Huntsman's attacks were purely political to differentiate himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom