• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Ver. + A Look at the New Fall Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the second episode of Cristela. She has a lot of charm, even if I can see the material running out of steam before the season is over.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its the weekly "The Good Wife is too good" comment

-The Good Wife is probably the best show on tv-

carry on

TheOddOne

- USA today: Trailer for Netflix's new 'Bloodline'
It's not lengthy.

And we don't get to see Kyle Chandler, but here it is — the first trailer for Netflix's new series, Bloodline.

The story: It's set in the Florida Keys and is centered around a family of four adult siblings whose secrets come to the surface when their black sheep brother returns home.

It's from the team that brought us Damages, created and executive produced by Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler.

And it stars Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, Linda Cardellini, Sam Shepard, Sissy Spacek, Norbert Leo Butz, Jamie McShane, Jacinda Barrett and Enrique Murciano.
Trailer is really nothing, but that cast though.

danielcw

I am gonna do the OT for season 3 of The Newsroom,
assuming nobody has claimed it yet.
If I don't kill myself it should be up before November

I don't think anyone has claimed it, but someone like Ratsky would probably know.
If I don't kill myself it should be up before November
The rule of thumb around here is up to one week before the premiere, so any time on or after Sunday, November 2nd is fine. When it's up, please post a link in this thread and the previous season thread so people know. Thanks!

I don't think anyone has claimed it, but someone like Ratsky would probably know.
The rule of thumb around here is up to one week before the premiere, so any time on or after Sunday, November 2nd is fine. When it's up, please post a link in this thread and the previous season thread so people know. Thanks!
Newsroom has a date? Sweet!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm almost sad that we won't get a 4th season of The Newsroom. Can you imagine Aaron Sorkin writing a subplot with Sloan being a target of GamerGate?

I stopped watching Stalker, and may stop with How to Get Away With Murder.

So, that would just leave me with:

Supernatural - This season has been a good reset so far.

American Horror Story: Freakshow - I'll stick with it, but it's been dull.

The Amazing Race 25 - Meh. Nothing special at all.

I need to use this time to catch up on older TV shows. I'm also going to watch Degrassi when it returns.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't normally leave comments in here about shows from previous seasons, but I've been watching through Satisfaction, a summer series from USA. I don't want to say too much about it, except to mention that to me it seems surprisingly thoughtful and articulate for a USA series, while still maintaining the light-hearted dumb sexy USA tone that all their shows have. Like, the premise is basically a rich white guy going through a midlife crisis and that's a subject that shouldn't be interesting, but the execution is really pretty good IMHO.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't normally leave comments in here about shows from previous seasons, but I've been watching through Satisfaction, a summer series from USA. I don't want to say too much about it, except to mention that to me it seems surprisingly thoughtful and articulate for a USA series, while still maintaining the light-hearted dumb sexy USA tone that all their shows have. Like, the premise is basically a rich white guy going through a midlife crisis and that's a subject that shouldn't be interesting, but the execution is really pretty good IMHO.

Interesting. How many episodes have you seen?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Interesting. How many episodes have you seen?

5, so half the season. But I can never wait until I finish something before I talk about it, hahaha. It is renewed for a second season despite somewhat meagre ratings. The lead was the lead on The Glades on A&E, which from what I saw was also much better than I expected it to be.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
5, so half the season. But I can never wait until I finish something before I talk about it, hahaha. It is renewed for a second season despite somewhat meagre ratings. The lead was the lead on The Glades on A&E, which from what I saw was also much better than I expected it to be.

If you think the quality holds through the rest of the season, then I might check it out.

I saw 3 episodes of Satisfaction. While it was pretty good, tone was so off. Half of every episode was good and other half was borderline parody. I need to finish the season.

But still that song. SO GOOD.

- Trailer for BBC/Starz's "The Missing"
The BBC’s eight-part limited drama series, The Missing, debuts tonight on BBC One ahead of its Stateside Starz premiere on November 15. Starz partnered with the BBC back in March to co-produce the kidnapping thriller. James Nesbitt (The Hobbit trilogy) stars as a father obsessed with finding his son after the boy is abducted during a family vacation in France in 2006.

- Deadline: ‘The Fall’ Season 2
Gillian Anderson’s UK crime drama The Fall has set its second-season debut. BBC Two tweeted that the show will return at 9PM November 13. The psychological thriller that also stars Fifty Shades Of Grey’s Jamie Dornan was a hit in the UK last year, and the second season also will be coming soon to Netflix in the U.S. Created by Allan Cubitt, The Fall focuses on a game of cat and mouse between Anderson’s highly driven detective and the sexually motivated serial killer she’s tracking in Belfast. The Good Wife‘s Archie Panjabi also stars.

Premiering today:

Friends of the People - TruTV - 10/9c

Benched - USA - 10:30/9:30c

I have to say I like the pilot for Benched quite a bit. Really salty they canceled Happy Endings, but this was surprisingly good, A-.

Gotham remains my favorite of the new shows by far. I love the atmosphere and the chemistry between Gordon and Bullock is great. Penguin is awesome and even Bruce is getting more tolerable. Loving it so far, a solid A.

The Flash is not nearly as good as people here say it is. It's a little better than Arrow and that's it. Also I'm offended by how stupid these "super smart doctors" actually are. Like we know there are meta humans out there, but the fact that they found someone else's DNA inside the victims is completely baffling to them when anyone with half a brain could instantly deduce that the guy
didn't just control the poison fog, but became it.
Will still continue to watch, but I'm not too impressed so far, C+. Funnily Gotham's corrupt detective Harvey Bullock is actually quite competent and the way he solved the last case was very impressive.

A to Z is OK at best and the wife likes it so I will continue to watch, C. The leads are OK, but I loathe pretty much all the supporting characters.

Selfie, I actually like. Probably because I like the leads. If I hadn't seen Doctor Who and hadn't had a huge crush on Amy, maybe I wouldn't like this as much. B-

Constantine is probably the worst of the new shows I've seen yet and the only one I won't keep watching. Everything about it was terrible. I guess it doesn't help that I'm not familiar with the comics. D

Forever is pretty harmless and a worse Elementary (which I like quite a bit). The Adam character is the most interesting thing so far. They need to explore that more. C+

Blackish is great. Genuinely funny stuff. A.

I guess that's all of the new shows I've seen, but I could be forgetting a few (which can't bode well for them I guess).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

Mom - CBS - 8:30/7:30c

Two and a Half Men - CBS - 9/8c

The McCarthys - CBS - 9:30/8:30c

Elementary - CBS - 10/9c

TheOddOne

A bit conry though.

I'll let myself out.
2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

Doombear

Over the Garden Wall finally popped up in the TV Listings! 7pm PST on Cartoon Network starting on the 3rd, with two episodes every day. Monday - Friday. 30 minute block with 2 episodes each day. I am excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom