• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Ver. + A Look at the New Fall Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cristela was really fun. I have to admit I had a stupid smile on my face for pretty much the whole time.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but yes I think this is definitely one of the better multi-cam pilots in the last few years. It had a very loose feel to it. Cristela (the character) felt like she was very joyful, like she really enjoyed delivering her lines. The family scenes worked better than the office scenes for me (I felt the boss was a little too much).

I actually thought the brother-in-law was Titus Welliver, but apparently not.
JAktZSi.jpg
TZE5oRA.jpg

Caught up with the Cristela pilot today, and found it quite charming. I have a very dry sense of humor and don't usually laugh much at TV shows (NO FUN ALLOWED!), but it had my wife cracking up a lot.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c

The Talking Dead - AMC - 10/9c

The Affair - Showtime - 10/9c

Comic Book Men - AMC - 12/11c

Linius

Oh, completely forgot The Walking Dead is back. Busy monday's then with Boardwalk, TWD, Homeland, The Affair and B99 :/

I've already been noticing I'm slacking on TV shows. Still need to watch some eps of Penny Dreadful, The Knick and Person of Interest (season 3 still). And I was planning on watching The Strain but I didn't even start it yet. And Bron/Broen's second season is also on the waiting list. On the plus side, I've been playing some actual games lately :p

Vert boil

Oh, completely forgot The Walking Dead is back. Busy monday's then with Boardwalk, TWD, Homeland, The Affair and B99 :/

I've already been noticing I'm slacking on TV shows. Still need to watch some eps of Penny Dreadful, The Knick and Person of Interest (season 3 still). And I was planning on watching The Strain but I didn't even start it yet. And Bron/Broen's second season is also on the waiting list. On the plus side, I've been playing some actual games lately :p

garf3fakv8.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

Uncle - Audience - 8:30/7:30c

Marry Me - NBC - 9/8c

About A Boy - NBC - 9:30/8:30c

Chrisley Knows Best - USA - 10/9c

I watched the first two episodes of Survivor's Remorse. The cast is solid, there is a decent amount of humor, and I do like the aspects of the story that tie back to the family's old life prior to the fame and fortune.

Everything feels way over the top. There seems to be a focus to keep the topic as contemporary as possible, and the second episode in particular felt like it tried too hard to touch on one of the two hot button issues plaguing sports right now.

All in all, and entertaining show. I've never seen Entourage, but I'm assuming this is very similar except substituting a basketball star in place of an actor.

Cade

This was solid enough, not great, but solid. I like the leads.

Yeah, I'm just watching this for Eliza Coupe. It was funny though, I'll keep going on it. I gotta watch Marry Me, I forgot. Then I can just mash both shows in my head and pretend it's Happy Endings.

I thought the benched pilot was ok. I didn't like it at first until she basically stopped caring about keeping her new job. Then she had snide comments for everything

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess - PBS - 9/8c

Dane Cook: Troublemaker - Showtime - 10/9c

Freestyle Love Supreme - Pivot - 10/9c

Welcome to Fairfax - Pivot - 10:30/9:30c

Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways - HBO - 11/10c

The Birthday Boys - IFC - 11:30/10:30c

faridmon

WTF? Cristela and Marry were surprisngly great. Haven't laughed at a TV series like that since Season 2 of Parks and Reacreation. (oh and IT Crowd)

Between:

Cristela
Person of Interest
Survivors' remorse
Marry Me
Manhatten Love Story
Selfie (its fun!)

This season is a damn fine one!

DagsJT

The Affair and Jane The Virgin are both very good. Switched off Cristela after a minute, it was terrible. Canned laughter programs need to go away, only Mom has been worth persevering with.

The Affair and Jane The Virgin are both very good. Switched off Cristela after a minute, it was terrible. Canned laughter programs need to go away, only Mom has been worth persevering with.

Likes Jane the Virgin. Dislikes Cristela.

/reggiefilsaimewhatiswrongwithyou.gif

Actually, I haven't watched Jane. Is it good, or "CW good"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom