• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

TadkV.gif

Now to ignore this all until the next live PPV.

I'd like to create a TNA gimmick match:

A cage surrounds the outside of the ring. Competitors must climb it to get into the ringside area. The first one in gains access to a lever. The lever controls the roof to the cage. Should the lid be closed before both competitors are in, the person on the outside must climb to the roof via pogo stick. Once on top, they can enter a trap door that opens once ever 2 minutes. Once in the ring, the winner must climb a ladder to get back on the roof. Once on the roof, you must get back into the ring where you use the lever to lift the roof with. From there, you must use a grapnel gun to propel yourself to the rafters where you capture a flag. You must then take the flag to Mike Tenay to win. Taz can veto the win if he doesn't like you.

I'm surprised they haven't already had this match.

Alucard

Banned
Was that a Bully Ray face turn? I mean, I'm okay with it, but...was it? If it was, who are the top heels in TNA now?

-Magnus
-Storm
-Kaz and Daniels
-Abyss
?

Raw64life

So basically the only difference between Jeff Hardy and Willow is that Willow wears a silly jester outfit and does high pitched screams before his moves.

Hopefully there is no Lockdown 2015.

jred2k

I'd like to create a TNA gimmick match:

A cage surrounds the outside of the ring. Competitors must climb it to get into the ringside area. The first one in gains access to a lever. The lever controls the roof to the cage. Should the lid be closed before both competitors are in, the person on the outside must climb to the roof via pogo stick. Once on top, they can enter a trap door that opens once ever 2 minutes. Once in the ring, the winner must climb a ladder to get back on the roof. Once on the roof, you must get back into the ring where you use the lever to lift the roof with. From there, you must use a grapnel gun to propel yourself to the rafters where you capture a flag. You must then take the flag to Mike Tenay to win. Taz can veto the win if he doesn't like you.

I don't know, it's missing something. Maybe add some fire somewhere? Possibly a weapon on a pole you must use?

strobogo

Banned
What if the real SWERVE is that Raven is the new writer instead of Russo?

I don't know, it's missing something. Maybe add some fire somewhere? Possibly a weapon on a pole you must use?

Well, weapons being in the cage seemed like a given, but there is still room for a penalty box of some kind.

Brinbe

I will legit miss a heel Bully Ray... hope he turns again quickly.

And if Russo didn't book that, someone's doing a fucking good impression.

Not enough screwjob finishes. Hopefully, they'll somehow Dusty-finish this result, and somehow not Dusty-finish the previous match, and the tower of stupidity will rise to epic heights hitherto unimagined by even the most idiotic village idiot.

Raw64life

They should give someone a swerve gimmick where the wrestler aligns himself with another wrestler, but then swerves him in a match the following week and aligns himself with the opponent. Repeat every week until he literally swerves every wrestler on the roster.

Overall, I was very entertained. I started watching TNA in earnest just a few weeks ago so this is, in a way, my first TNA PPV and I came away very impressed. Real happy with the turnout in this thread today.

I'll post a more in-depth reaction to Lockdown just as soon as I watch True Detective.

I hope to see you all this Thursday for Impact.

There's two kinds of people in this thread.

Those that will watch IMPACT on Thursday (myself included)

and those who will watch IMPACT on Thursday but pretend that they aren't.

I look forward to it and welcome all newcomers to TNA wrestling.

Overall, I was very entertained. I started watching TNA in earnest just a few weeks ago so this is, in a way, my first TNA PPV and I came away very impressed. Real happy with the turnout in this thread today.

I'll post a more in-depth reaction to Lockdown just as soon as I watch True Detective.

I hope to see you all this Thursday for Impact.

I'm sorry to hear that you suffered a terrible head injury just a few weeks ago. Hope you get better soon.

Alucard

Banned
As bad as those main event finishes were...I'm still tuning in this Thursday for the fallout. I like TNA's backstage production and focus on storylines as an alternative to the WWE.

Anyway, time to do some DDP Yoga to take the rage out after that weird mess.

I bet TNA thinks that just because people are talking about their product that it's a good thing. Can't wait for that 1.2 ratings pop this Thursday!

G-Fex

CM Punk will be on Talking Dead next week.

HE WILL SPEAK

and not even mention wrestling

Well if there's anyone that looks like he's dead and talks too much, it's C.M. Punk.

Well he's at the halfway point between looking like a dead person and looking like a drug addict.

How a company so bad has managed to stay open for over 10 years is pretty stunning.

indeed.

Tell me, what's so stunning about TNA?

Real quick reply before True Detective: It's the little things that jump out at me most, coming from WWE.

-I like the commentary. They call the action in the ring, call moves by their names, name wrestlers from outside of the promotion when necessary. It's just different from WWE's checklist of talking points, McMahon's doublespeak (WWE Universe, Superstars, Sports Entertainment, Etc.) and just a mess of talking over each other.

-It's only 2 hours a week.

-More freedom in the ring, matches are tangibly different than what you get in WWE.

-Everyone on the card is involved in an angle/story os some kind

-The fans here aren't whiny little marks for short, unkempt, one-dimensional performers. They don't constantly bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch bitch.

Welcome to Wrestlemania X Live at Madison Square Garden!! **WARNING I'm not a writer and my english sucks, I did this for fun! I also didn't have enough time to resize all gifs sorry!**

First, I want to say it was pretty damn cool I got this Mania since it's my first and favorite one. My grandpa recorded it on a vhs for me and I must have watched it dozens of times. Today was the first time i watched it in full since i was a kid. Surprisingly it holds up pretty good for its time. Could have been better with a few tweaks but an overall good show.

After a brief WM1 video package Little Richard sings America the Beautiful. Pretty damn good too I might add. Now lets start with THE best opening match and arguably one of the best Wrestlemania matches ever.

Bret Hart Vs Owen Hart
After months of feuding the Hart brothers finally have a match to see who the best there is. Because of the unique main event, Bret had to have two matches that night. So for the first time ever we have a brother vs brother at Wrestlemania. Owen comes out to some good heat while his brother Bret is extremely over. The match starts of with some classic chain wrestling. Owen is acting like a total asshole with his cheering and a bitch slap to Bret. It's awesome. Owen is doing tons of heel tactics like pulling the hair. Lawler (the heel) throughout the match is on Owen's side. The chemistry Jerry and Vince had is pretty damn good and funny. Bret takes control of the match and gives Owen a bitch slap as well. Some more rest holds from Bret until Owen hits him with a nice kick to the face. After ramming his back against the post he puts him in a pretty stiff looking boston crab. Some more back and forth goes on until Owen continues working the back. Bret takes a breather while Owen works the crowd. Owen does a CRAZY jumping tombstone to Bret. Makes me cringe every time i see it. It's similar to how he did it to Austin but he landed on his knees instead of his ass. For his height I'm really surprised he did the move. I'm not sure how often he did it but it looks pretty dangerous. Bret no sells it a few seconds later when Owen misses a diving headbutt. Bret has a nice comeback with a stiff looking clothesline and a crisp russian leg sweep. Bret goes to the top and hits his classic elbow drop. Owen kicks out a bunch of times and knocks Bret with an enzeguri kick. Bret kicks out of a small roll up and jumps over the top onto Owen. Bret sells his knee after the jump. Owen starts to work the leg beautifully. Tons of kicks to the leg, rams it against the ring post 3 times, and a sweet looking leg lock. Owen then puts on a figure four lock. Bret reverses it but Owen quickly rolls to the ropes. Owen continues to work the leg until Bret gives a nice enziguri kick of his own. Bret rams Owen into the buckle chest first and sells it like a champ. Bret then hits him with a jumping bulldog for another 2 count. Bret nails Owen with a stiff looking piledriver for another 2 count. The both go to the top and Bret hits him with a super suplex from the top rope. Bret's selling the knee like crazy thinking of a way to finally end the match. Owen takes control after a massive low blow and puts Bret in the sharpshooter. Owen throws Bret into the corner. Bret reverses it with a kick to the face and oddly climbs onto Owens shoulders. Owen reverses the roll up midway and pins Bret with a CLEAN 1-2-3. The crowd including Owen is in shock. Owen celebrates including a nice middle finger to Bret. Lawler is putting him over like crazy. This would set up for later and the ongoing feud they would have in the future. This is a perfect wrestling match. It's in my top 5 of all time. If you haven't seen it. (SHAME ON YOU!) then I suggest you do.

TO THE BACK!
Todd interviews Owen after the win. Owen expresses he is now the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be. Unfortunately no one told him he had a slob of spot on his side lip. But either way it was a great moment for Owen. The start of a well deserved push.They randomly show the Fink with a hair piece. The crowd doesn't give a shit and neither do I. On to the second match!

Bam Bam Bigelow and Luna Vachon Vs Doink the Clown and Dink
Yawn. BamBam starts nailing on Doink early on. A little back and forth till Doink tags in Dink. Luna can't catch up to Dink who then sexually assaults Luna. Pervert. Luna then chokes him using the ropes and jumps onto his head which is a little funny. Dink later on climbs on to the top but misses the drop with a funny flop. Luna starts to beat up on Dink. She climbs to the top and misses the frog splash. More hilarious comedy continues until BamBam sits on Doink. Doink climbs to the top and misses a leg drop. BamBam takes control again and hits a flying headbutt off the top for the win. BamBam and Luna try to do a double splash onto Dink. Dink to slow to move away and Luna lands on him. Dumb clown. Boring. The kids enjoyed Dink at least.

Randy Savage Vs Crush with Mr. Fuji Falls Count Anywhere.

The rules are a tad different than usual. After you pin someone they have 60 seconds to make it back to the ring. Randy comes out and is extremely over. It will be his last Wrestlemania which really sucks. Randy runs to Crush during his entrance to start this early! Crush then picks up Randy and lands him on the rail crushing his throat for a quick 3 count. Randy makes it back to the ring with 2 seconds left. Crush quickly nails on Randy and works him in the corner. Crush was about the blind Randy with some powder but it backfires! Randy with a quick comeback hits Crush with the elbow drop. Kicks him outside to pin him for the 3. Crush gets back in with 3 secs left. They take the fight outside and start fighting next to the crowd. Randy then rams Crush through a couple of doors. Randy pins Crush for a quick pin. He ties up Crush with some cable wire and hangs him upside down. Didn't do a good job holding him up but Crush fails to make it back to the ring and Randy celebrates in the ring with a busted lip.

To the presidential box!
Todd interviews Bill and tells us he loves wrestling. Todd is jizzing in his pants talking to the
president. They show a promo vid of fanfest which i believe was the first "axxess" they ever
done. It looks extremely bootlegged compared to nowadays but still pretty cool.

Alundra Blayze Vs Leilani Kai
The production team seem to confuse Alundra with Owen. Or maybe it was a rib? They run, fall, scream, and bump into each other. Alundra hits a german suplex for the win. I wonder if Alundra would have been in the HOF if she didn't shit on the belt? Probably not.

TO THE BACK!
Todd interviews a skinny Rhonda shear till HBK cuts in. Burt Reynolds pops up out of nowhere and cock blocks HBK. What a dick.

Tag Team title match Men on a Mission with Oscar Vs The Quebecers with Raven!
Quebecers beat up on MON quickly. MON quickly rebound and Mabel lands a leg drop.
Quebecers take over and does a back body drop on Mo outside the ring. Quebecers beat up on poor Mo for awhile. Mabel gets the hot tag and starts whooping the Quebecers. They rebound back and DOUBLE SUPLEX MABEL! Quebecers jump from the top but Mabel kicks out at 2. He rebounds and somehow pulls off a spinning heel kick. Raven distracts the ref and little hell breaks loose. Mabel splashes Quebecers on the outside causing a count out. Nothing special but the crowd was a little into it. I just realized someone is dead in almost every match. =/

Wrestlemania X Review part 2!

MAIN EVENT Part 1 WWE title match - Yokozuna with Mr. Fuji and Jim Cornette Vs Lex Luger
Tons of C list celebrities for the match. Rhonda with the nice cleavage and Donnie Wahlberg getting some heat. Mr. Perfect is the special guest ref! Comes out to a decent pop. Yoko and Lex comes to the ring. Vince is jizzing uncontrollably during Lexs entrance. Lex gets some punches before Yoko knocks him down with a clothesline. Lex knocks Yoko to the outside with a nice hit. They take it back to the ring and Lex does a nice cross body onto Yoko. Lex tries to suplex Yoko but fails. Yoko does some type of choke hold in the middle of the ring. Feels like they been resting for 3+ minutes. Lex finally hulks up and Yoko knocks him back then. They go BACK to the same chokehold for another 2 or so minutes it seems. Yoko throws Lex out the ring but quickly gets back in. Yoko does ANOTHER rest hold. Lex looks more bored than i am. Lex no sells it and starts punching Yoko til Yoko drops him down again. And guess what? You guessed it. Yoko does ANOTHER REST HOLD. Turn up the volume and you hear some boring chants. After another min or so Lex hulks up again. Lex runs and Yoko does a body to body slam. Lex hits Yokos head on the unprotected buckle. Some loud USA chants from the kids. Lex hits Yoko with a few clotheslines till he finally body slams him! Lex starts acting like an asshole and beats up Fuji and Jimmy. Perfect checks on them besides making the count. Lex confronts Perfect and puts his hands on him. Perfect disqualifies Lex for pushing him. Good call! Crowd chants "bullshit" very loud even though it was boring as hell.
i6ZEfFdKJRNv0.gif

Sums up the entire match

TO THE BACK!
Todd asks Perfect why he disqualified Lex. He called the match down the line. Perfect makes a good case. Lex was being an asshole. Horrible match. 90% rest holds. Nothing to gif. 10 minutes longer than it should have been. No clue why Vince went with it.

Earthquake Vs Adam Bomb with Harvey Wippleman
Wippleman does a promo on the Fink. He gets pissed and pushes Wippleman on his ass. Bomb comes down to take out the Fink. Earthquake runs down to make the save. Earthquake does a couple of slams, does his sitdown finish for the win. Official 35 seconds. Was the record till WM24 i believe but who knows.

TO THE BACK
Todd is waiting to interview Yoko. Cornette does a promo in his snazzy Wrestlemania outfit. Forgot how great he was at this.

WWE IC title match - Razor Ramon Vs Shawn Michaels with Diesel in a Ladder match
First ever ladder match at Wrestlemania! Starts off with some back and forth. Razor hit small chokeslam to the mat. HBK is running his spots full speed. HBK knocks Razor to the outside. Diesel knocks Razor to the ground. The ref sees the aftermath and kicks him out the match. Makes no sense but ok! Razor knocks HBK a few times then a hard clothesline to the outside. They expose the concrete but find their way back into the ring. After a nice pop to the face HBK back body drops Razor to the outside on the concrete. HBK finally gets the ladder. Razor stops him and throws him into the ring. Razor gets the ladder and HBK kicks the ladder into his stomach with a baseball slide! HBK takes control and rams the ladder into Razors midsection. He then throws the ladder onto Razors back twice! The crowd is eating up all the ladder shots. HBK goes for the first climb until Razor exposes the ass cheeks and gets hit with an elbow drop. HBK setups the ladder in the corner while Razor is knocked out. He climbs on the top and delivers the frog splash! Still a classic spot even after all these years. HBK goes for the climb but Razor pushes the ladder and HBK bounces off the ropes! Crowd is really into this. They start to run against the ropes and run right into each other. HBK sets up the ladder against the buckles. He gets ready to charge Razor into it but Razor reverses! HBK runs face first into the ladder and flys outside the ring. Razor then picks up the ladder and rams it into HBKs chest. Razor sets up the ladder against the ring. He then springboards HBK into the ladder! They head back into the ring and Razor smashes the ladder into his face! Razor starts to climb but HBK jumps from the buckle to stop him. They both hit the mat and the ladder falls on HBK for added effect. They both slowly climb the ladder. Start nailing each other with right hands. Razor grabs HBK and tosses him off the ladder with a half suplex! The ladder buckles and Razor hits the ropes. Razor goes for the climb again but HBK dropkicks the ladder to knock him off. They run the ropes and HBK hits him with a sweet chin music to lay him out. HBK mocks Razor then nails him with a piledriver. HBK sets up the ladder at the corner and does a falling splash onto Razor with the ladder! HBK sets up the ladder of Razor and goes for the climb. Razor gets up and knocks HBK into the ropes. His leg is trapped between the ropes! Razor climbs the ladder for the win!

Best ladder match imo. Yeah, the spots get crazier as years go by but this match was revolutionary. The spots look tame but are still enjoyable to watch. Two 5 star matches in one night. Good stuff.

TO THE BACK!
A bunch of jobbers argue who should be the captain for the next match. Fact was their match was canceled. Poor guys. Back to he presidential box! Ted DiBiase makes an appearance and bribes Bill. No one cares.

MAIN EVENT Part 2 WWE title Match - Bret Hart Vs Yokozuna with Mr. Fuji and Jim Cornette
After a shitastic video promo we head to our last match of the night. Burt and the 90210 chick stops by. Burt is either drunk or doesn't give a shit. Probably both. Pipper is the special guest ref! Yoko starts with the quick attack. Hits some kicks and chops to the chest. Bret makes a small comeback but Yoko stops it. Very slow and boring. Yoko goes for a splash and misses. Bret starts nailing Yoko with some punches and they both hit the mat. Bret starts getting in some offense. Jimmy pulls Pipper out the ring but Pipper knocks him on his ass. Yoko regains control and starts to choke out Bret. Yoko starts to get into Pipper's face and lands a massive leg drop. Yoko throws Bret to the outside and Pipper starts to go for the 10 count. Yoko starts to work Bret in the corner. Yoko goes for a big splash but misses. Bret quickly jumps to the top and gives a big bulldog! Big 2 count. He gets right up and delivers his vintage elbow drop. A couple of near falls to create expense. Bret jumps from the top but Yoko catches him midair and slams him with a belly to belly suplex. Yoko starts to set up the banzai drop. He lost his balance and hits the mat full force. Bret goes for the cover for the win! Crowd goes crazy!

Was okay for what it was. Yoko was clearly tired. The double main event was a stupid idea. But at least Bret won which is all that mattered to me back then. Cheap fireworks go off and the ring gets filled with wrestlers. Hugs and tears from everyone. Then slowly Owen walks with disbelief on his face. "How the fuck is he the champion when i beat him earlier?" Such a PERFECT ending.

Overall i'll rate the show 8/10. Yes, that's extremely generous but the good outweighs the bad. Two 5 star matches. A great ending despite 2 crappy world title matches. Plus i was/am a huge mark for Bret.

Vylash

Sadly my mania review is delayed until tomorrow due to me feeling terrible, but i'll try to have it up asap, sorry guys

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mania X review is dope. I like it a lot. Dem gifs doe! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom