• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League PS4 [Soccer with cars!] Closed beta - Sign up now, Keys limited.

Absolutely no changes to input or controls.

Just tried in tutorial, feels better.

Probably my match then.

Sorry for the excitement.

The maps are Gorgeous

Like the new map is nice, but the free play map is even better

Im so freaking pumped

Text chat is AMAZING

like damn, why cant more games do this?

BShadowJ

Wow I missed this game! Played with sonic and rayman, and still fun as ever :)

I didn't notice any difference in input, but I did notice the sound mix when in a party was off (some sound effects play in full volume regardless of sound mix), but that is why we are here :p

Oh and text chat? No game does this anymore, but the games I had with GAF crew sure showed why it's an awesome thing to have! Devs, take notice!

hao chi

I had my fun but I have to stop playing for tonight. I got way too many matches in when I need to be productive.

Someone in the text chat said he saw my vid(s?) on Reddit. I was pretty surprised (and happy) to hear that. I had no idea any of my vids made it over there.

Heads up on text chat would be that we're still a little concerned about people typing instead of playing matches. Preferred solution would be a radial quickchat menu during gameplay (Nice shot! Sorry! I got it! etc.) and only allowing unrestricted text input during replays/end of game lobby. Certainly listening to feedback though.

It's possible input could feel different with the new map if framerate isn't as stable as the last one. Not done optimizing.

Wow I missed this game! Played with sonic and rayman, and still fun as ever :)

I didn't notice any difference in input, but I did notice the sound mix when in a party was off (some sound effects play in full volume regardless of sound mix), but that is why we are here :p

Oh and text chat? No game does this anymore, but the games I had with GAF crew sure showed why it's an awesome thing to have! Devs, take notice!

Dream team dominated tonight's text chat

Allforce

Heads up on text chat would be that we're still a little concerned about people typing instead of playing matches. Preferred solution would be a radial quickchat menu during gameplay (Nice shot! Sorry! I got it! etc.) and only allowing unrestricted text input during replays/end of game lobby. Certainly listening to feedback though.

It's possible input could feel different with the new map if framerate isn't as stable as the last one. Not done optimizing.

The positive thing about PSN chat is that it remembers words you've written before so stuff like "Nice shot" is just usually 2 or 3 clicks and you're done.

BShadowJ

Why not both? I think the game is too fast paced to allow people to write full sentences mid game, but it would still allow people to write something that wouldn't be on the radial menu. That and that way you could actually end the sentence you were writing in the replay without being booted out. :p

Put the wheel as a separate button + analogue stick and you're set!

Dream team dominated tonight's text chat

Ahahahah your trashtalk was just beautiful to see xD

Alright I'm going to sleep now and dream about cars hitting footballs x)

Flunkie

Banned
Mhh the last beta FELT better, something with the inputs and lag.
Yup, if nothing was changed in the input, it's definitely a network bug or something. It felt so much better last beta.

Icking, you're my friend on steam or something. Think I added you during PC alpha. I didn't know you worked on the game ;)

Free text chat is def the way to go. Typing "GG" and "mb" and "np" was perfect in the alpha. But you can also type out longer stuff after games. If you're gonna change it, maybe radial menu in game, full text outside of game?

Trace

Banned
Game feels similar to me, there's definitely some network lag going on though. Lots of times I've seen the ball jump/warp.

hao chi

This is starting to remind me of Uncharted 3's Subway beta where one person on GAF posted that it felt like Naughty Dog stealth patched the game to increase the damage to Uncharted 2 levels. U3 GAF then experienced a mass placebo-induced freak out session until Arne finally showed up and told them the damage is the same as ever.

Did you guys go back to play Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars?

I would go back to play the original to help the wait, but then again I don't want to play them both back to back like that because I know the little changes in physics will bother me.

I indirectly warned yall.

Mine01

Hm guys I got a license error and I can't access any of my digital content, the error says amth about the servers, any idea?

v1lla21

Are you a dev?

And how much faster? What does that even mean, "max speed"?
He is. I think he means that the ball will travel faster depending on how hard it was impacted. Like let's say max speed was capped at 50mph and now it's capped at 55mph. Idk, I may be completely wrong.

Are you a dev?

And how much faster? What does that even mean, "max speed"?

Yes. I don't have the number off the top of my head. Max Speed = ball's maximum potential speed (it has a cap). First beta had a lower cap than the last public Alpha, it was affecting ball hits somewhat (though standard hits don't come near the speed cap).

RE: Input lag, I was definitely noticing issues from home tonight that are tough to pin down - framerate, server hitches, etc. while playing from the office was buttery smooth. So something clearly going on, and inconsistency explains why some posters are having issues and others aren't.

Hm guys I got a license error and I can't access any of my digital content, the error says amth about the servers, any idea?

I'm getting a similar error, "Cannot use the content. cannot contact the server to verify license"

Sucks

Tried restoring licenses, it gives one game an error, I'm assuming it's this one. Re-download didn't work

Sony's server status site is terrible. Showing all green but some of them are clearly down

I'm loving the new 4 vs 4 Chaos mode!

Any chance it could go higher in the future? 5 vs 5 Insanity or 6 vs 6 Warfare perhaps?

Seriously though, the Devs have done an outstanding job on this game.

Nothing pisses me off more...

than when you have a clear shot at goal...

you're about to hit it...

AND AN IDIOT TEAMMATE TRIES TO STEAL THE GOAL AND MESSES IT ALL UP

:(

Lunar FC

Chat feature can be both cool and annoying depending on the people. But I guess that's all games. Wish this new arena was more different but I love how it looks in training mode.

Mezoly

Yes. I don't have the number off the top of my head. Max Speed = ball's maximum potential speed (it has a cap). First beta had a lower cap than the last public Alpha, it was affecting ball hits somewhat (though standard hits don't come near the speed cap).

RE: Input lag, I was definitely noticing issues from home tonight that are tough to pin down - framerate, server hitches, etc. while playing from the office was buttery smooth. So something clearly going on, and inconsistency explains why some posters are having issues and others aren't.

There is a PSN maintenance tonight do you think that affected you guys?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
and here i was thinking that 3on3 is sometimes to much chaos allready. and ppl ask for 6on6?

Anyway.
F*kin awesome to see the beta back so quick!
A whole week, 24/7. Oh yeah!

Cant wait to get home!

Lunar FC

When your best friends second ever goal is better than anything you've ever done in hundred of hours of rocket league and battle cars.

Permanently A

I'm really sad that I don't have a beta key for this. Maybe its a blessing in disguise and the universe is telling me to study for finals.

Playing 3v3, score first goal in about 15 seconds

Up on d pad, "Get good"

Score the second goal in the next 15 seconds,

Up on d pad, "Get wrecked"

Third kick off, I can barely go anywhere as the entire opposing team aims at pushing my car around :)

This game was definitely missing some friendly smack talk.

bjaelke

Excellent timing. Just convinced my boss to acquire a PS4 for the night shift. This will definitely solidify that decision.

M.W.

Talked some smack tonight, so fun. Got MVP 3 matches in a row, let the other team know about it consistently throughout the match...good times

whiteape

Psyonix-Jerad said:
Sorry, it's still a PS4 only beta.

PC men will be left behind :( But if you have a PS4, internet, and electricity, then we have a plan that will get you the beta (unless the world doesn't follow our plan).

Psyonix-Jerad said:
There will be no man left behind on this one.

From their forums. Somehow that sounds like a PS+ beta for me, starting tomorrow… (They want to announce Beta 2 tomorrow).

Edit: Nope, not true:

Psyonix-DunhamSmash said:
Nice guess, but nope.

We aren't making an official announcement about our beta until Wednesday (mentioned in the in-game blog). And it won't be related to PlayStation Plus.

Top Bottom