• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League PS4 [Soccer with cars!] Closed beta - Sign up now, Keys limited.

BShadowJ

Sorry for the double post, but do you think this is new thread worthy? I mean I'd do it, but I'm a lousy junior >_>

This is even bigger news than Fallout 4 cmon :)

Grinchy

Banned
Does anyone want to play some PS3 battlecars with us? I'm sure we'll want to play tomorrow and any day leading up to Rocket League's release.

There are still some people playing online on it, surprisingly. If you want to join up, just send me a friend request (Grinchy).

BokehKing

Banned
It's free, a few pages back I was saying I would have paid $30 for a fleshed out version, can't wait to see what else this game offers, beta was amazing

SomTervo

Great thread title, great call on the thread. I had a glimpse at the beta thread and yep, people are having fuckloads of fun.

One question, and a tall order: does it have split screen play?

Hasney

Great thread title, great call on the thread. I had a glimpse at the beta thread and yep, people are having fuckloads of fun.

One question, and a tall order: does it have split screen play?

Up to 4 player split screen, drop in and drop out too.

Hasney

Are you joking

Nope! Play 4 player and you can even take it online against 4 other people if you like. One of your friends injures themselves celebrating a fine goal, and they can just hit options and logout to be replaced by a bot until another online player joins to take its place.

Shows it in this video. All four people can even customize their cars at the same time.

Link

It's hard to tell on Twitch and YouTube which is where I've seen it, but it doesn't even seem to lose performance in 4 player split.

SomTervo

Shows it in this video. All four people can even customize their cars at the same time.

Link

Nope! Play 4 player and you can even take it online against 4 other people if you like. One of your friends injures themselves celebrating a fine goal, and they can just hit options and logout to be replaced by a bot until another online player joins to take its place.

It's hard to tell on Twitch and YouTube which is where I've seen it, but it doesn't even seem to lose performance in 4 player split.

GotY

GoAT

GotY

GoAT

Yeah the split-screen on RL is insanely good.

If there are 4 of you, you can go online and matchmake with 2 other players on split-screen, and 2 other guys playing alone (or any combination thereof). Then teams can be mixed up in any way you want, so the guys on split-screen can play against each other :D

Hasney

If there are 4 of you, you can go online and matchmake with 2 other players on split-screen, and 2 other guys playing alone (or any combination thereof). Then teams can be mixed up in any way you want, so the guys on split-screen can play against each other :D
Or go for 4v4 chaos abdcall play on the same team!

SomTervo

This is so fantastic. My GF and I are always short of quality couch co-op titles to play (will be getting a Wii U in due course to make up for this). Rocket League will do bloody nicely.

LaneDS

Preaching to the choir, but I'm so hyped about the PS+ announcement yesterday and how close we are to release. I expect to see a bunch of you online next week and get some good matches in.

Top Bottom