• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League PS4 [Soccer with cars!] Closed beta - Sign up now, Keys limited.

hydruxo

Good games earlier. Here's the goal my real life "friend" blocked from me. We're no longer friends.

v1iXVm3.gif

Haha damn. I feel like I've gotten pretty good at this game but I can't get a hang of the flying/hovering shots like that at all.

BShadowJ

Damn, I'm almost happy that I have to study for exams and thus, don't remember a lot about not playing the game...
Except studying for exams is stressful T_T

newsguy

I feel like I'd be much more relaxed knowing the release date. This "Summer" business is for the birds. Could be soon or in a few months :(

v1lla21

I figured it out. Sony opens up their indie segment during their presser. They showcase all these other games and shit. Right before the end Gio says, "and one more thing." Out of the sound system, starting at the back going all the way to the stage, we hear cars. Suddenly two vehicles appear on screen. The orange one on the left panel and the blue one on the right panel. They both boost forward and demolish each other in the middle screen to where a rocket league logo pops up after the explosion. Cuts off to some of the music from the game with a montage made from some the YouTube videos the rocket community made. Once it's over, icking appears on stage and says,"available tomorrow." We get a price at 19.99 and 14.99 for the first 24 hours. Crowd goes crazy and a wild Sheldon appears. Zimbabwe. Heads explode and Nixon announces his run for presidency.

Work is slow, don't judge me.

BShadowJ

I figured it out. Sony opens up their indie segment during their presser. They showcase all these other games and shit. Right before the end Gio says, "and one more thing." Out of the sound system, starting at the back going all the way to the stage, we hear cars. Suddenly two vehicles appear on screen. The orange one on the left panel and the blue one on the right panel. They both boost forward and demolish each other in the middle screen to where a rocket league logo pops up after the explosion. Cuts off to some of the music from the game with a montage made from some the YouTube videos the rocket community made. Once it's over, icking appears on stage and says,"available tomorrow." We get a price at 19.99 and 14.99 for the first 24 hours. Crowd goes crazy and a wild Sheldon appears. Zimbabwe. Heads explode and Nixon announces his run for presidency.

Work is slow, don't judge me.

This is absolutely glorious. Now I'm truly hyped for E3.

Oh no! I may have uninstalled it, I didn't even think about that, I just didn't want to see it unless I could play it.
I decided to keep mine installed and I'm super sad that I didn't get much playtime in the second beta. Ended up working a lot of film gigs and then got a nasty cold, though I managed to eek out ~45 min on the last day.

nicolajNN

Looking through my recorded games wanting to make a highlight video, it makes it hurt even more that I can't play proper games anymore :(
Oh no! I may have uninstalled it, I didn't even think about that, I just didn't want to see it unless I could play it.

Have you tried re-downloading it? Maybe you're in luck.

Qvoth

anybody knows when the beta's coming back?
and i'd like a more advanced tutorial, on the last day i was on the same team with 2 of the top 50 guys and they did stuff i've never seen before

Hasney

anybody knows when the beta's coming back?
and i'd like a more advanced tutorial, on the last day i was on the same team with 2 of the top 50 guys and they did stuff i've never seen before

I don't think it is, full game in the summer.

There's a challenge mode to help you learn, but the tutorial is fine. It's like a fighting game tutorial which gives you the basic tools, then you work out the rest yourself. One of the devs posted in here that people are doing things they didn't even think was possible.

When you first started SARPBC, did you ever imagine anyone ever becoming this good?

I would say it's more that I didn't anticipate people doing the exact things he does. You always know there will be players who are better than you within 30 minutes of releasing a game, but in this case I don't think any of us anticipated that level of air control.

The thing with Kronovi is that, when you see a lot of these montages (in any game) the player can be easily beaten because they're always trying stupid shit instead of just playing the game. With Kronovi, he really is this good. This isn't him showing off, it's him playing. He'll do all that and still beat me to the ball if I'm just aerialling normally.

ErichWK

I would say it's more that I didn't anticipate people doing the exact things he does. You always know there will be players who are better than you within 30 minutes of releasing a game, but in this case I don't think any of us anticipated that level of air control.

I can jump on place and scream at the tv. This I the extent of my abilities

newsguy

I watched that dude live on a twitch stream. He was playing against other top ranked players and making them looks foolish.

Top Bottom