• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Burbeting

Banned
Natiko's read list from last page rings some alerts in my head. Super early read lists of everyone (especially in a game that has been 75% shitposting so far) always reeks of fake contribution...

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Bronx-Man (3)
Blargonaut 212 217
Blargonaut 217 342
TheWorthyEdge 221
Blargonaut 383 392
Faddy 455 620
Blargonaut 568 573
Blargonaut 634 641
Blargonaut 649 658
Blargonaut 668 671
Kyanrute 669 674
Blargonaut 709 781
Crab 855
Kawl_USC 1050

Crab (3)
Swamped 159 841
Natiko 505 518
Blargonaut 781 783
squidyj 817
CCS 858
Swamped 1048

acohrs (2)
Blargonaut 342 383
Sorian 453
squidyj 546 817
Swamped 841 1048
*Splinter 872

Lone_Prodigy (2)
Verelios 71 396
Natiko 518
CCS 828 858
Faddy 831

Faddy (2)
Bronx-Man 492
Blargonaut 641 649
franconp 1017

Kalor (1)
Burbeting 953

gryvan (1)
Kyanrute 674

Burbeting (1)
Kalor 96

Swamped (1)
Sorian 62 135
Verelios 396

franconp (0): Faddy 620 831

*Splinter (0): CCS 605 828

squidyj (0): *Splinter 388 581, *Splinter 581 872

OceanicAir (0): Natiko 152 505

Kyanrute (0): squidyj 99 546

Kawl_USC (0): CCS 65 328

nin1000 (0): Burbeting 378 432

WhereAreMahDragonz (0): Burbeting 72 301, Blargonaut 573 634

Blargonaut (0): gryvan 158 425, Bronx-Man 215 416

Verelios (0): Faddy 90 455, Sorian 135 453

No active vote for Day 1: acohrs (has previously voted), Blargonaut (has previously voted), gryvan (has previously voted), Lone_Prodigy, nin1000, OceanicAir, StanleyPalmtree, WhereAreMahDragonz

Day 1 ends:
red_1488578400.png

Automated vote tally here

13 votes for majority

Swamped

Banned
OA and Nin have been quite absent so it's ok, but Dragonz, Stan and LP need to get some votes down. They have been posting, but not voting.

franconp

Catching Faddy out for his reluctance to explain his vote and then making him explain, it just doesn't seem that revealing or that scummy in hindsight. Faddy has played mafia before, so I doubt he would make such an obvious error of being reluctant to explain his vote and being so aggressive if it was all meant to disguise the fact that he was scum. Yes, I was leaning to him being scum too, but on second thought, just because he was caught out doesn't mean he's scum.

You are not answering my question. You asked why you were worried about me but now your answer is just talking about Faddy.

Let's try again. Why you are worried about ME?

acohrs

You are not answering my question. You asked why you were worried about me but now your answer is just talking about Faddy.

Let's try again. Why you are worried about ME?

Fine, let's try again:

I'm worried about how much energy you're putting into having caught Faddy out and how significant it is. Sounds like you're just aiming for an easy target to appear townie.

Sorian

Banned
I've been meaning to comment on Fran/Faddy for ages. This is going to have to be from memory though:

Fran has been accused of "vote policing", by Faddy, Sorian, and I think others. I don't like this accusation. I saw him questioning/scrutinizing votes, holding people to account for their votes/unvotes, but... that seems like a good thing? I don't understand where this becomes a scummy behaviour, is there some nuance I'm missing between his questioning and the usual vote examination?

Faddy... is harder to summarize, my opinion of him has flipped a few times throughout the day. In his defense the initial argument from Fran was fairly weak (I don't think there's a huge difference between a joke vote and a prod vote), and he has picked up some very easy bandwagon-y votes (WAMD sticks out as the worst offender for this, maybe Bronx too although I accept his initial vote was reasonable).

On the other hand, he's had some poor arguments himself, and his general reading comprehension / understanding of the game has not been to the standard I expected from him (disclaimer: comparing to his comments in a spec thread). There is a defense from him about "setting a baseline" for reactions to compare with later. I don't mind this explanation itself, but as far as I remember he said this quite shortly after Kawl said exactly the same thing? Felt like he was just hopping on someone else's reasoning to justify his own behaviour, and I do find that suspect. I'll have to read back* to check I'm getting this right.

*I just realised that neither Sawneeks nor Ty4on are in this game... Who will do my homework now? :(

Also quick shout out to Faddy flatly refusing to answer a question earlier (from Bronx, I believe). A few people have done that this game and it's the worst. Squidy, acohrs and swamped come to mind (although the latter two did eventually answer their questions I think). If I can muster the energy to trawl this thread again I'll name and shame.

From my perspective, fran was not asking me why my vote was how it was, he was telling me that I was voting for someone who I didn't think was scummy. This has now been found to have been a misunderstanding maybe but the idea rung true during that time frame with how he spoke to everyone.

She has been whole lot of nothing, but honestly, so has been so many other other players, that this is more or less the only post post from her that really stood out.

That's my point, a lot of players are known for nothing and I could definitely see a scum mate drudging out any garbage to put a read on a scum mate.

What's next, someone in an automobile ¬_¬

Sorian gets this in-joke

+1

It really doesn't tell me anything about him alignment-wise. His stance of telling people to be more active could be scum trying to look helpful. And actually looking back at his posts more closely, I'm now leaning scum laude on him. All his posts are just berating players, which makes me think he wants to appear town with his 'frustrated' attitude. He hasn't even tried looking at votes or other players. Also, I think his vote on Bronx was very lazy.

Hmmm so far Dragonz hasn't voted all day. What are you scared of? We all make mistakes. This post is kind of wishy-washy to me, and I'm leaning scum because of it.

VOTE: Crab

I am a careful player by nature. I don't throw votes around. A lot has changed since Gods.

franconp

Fine, let's try again:

I'm worried about how much energy you're putting into having caught Faddy out and how significant it is. Sounds like you're just aiming for an easy target to appear townie.

I gave various reasons why I think Faddy is scum. Why wouldn't I vote for who I think is scum?

Who do you want to vote?

Not which gafia user he is, but something along those lines. I can just share what I think here since I think most people have had time to form their own opinions.

Also, not answering a question can be a valid thing to do. In the past I've thrown out a vote with no explanation and refused to comment on it for a while. It can be useful for parsing reactions, but that requires a later explanation and what info was acquired. I was viewing faddys early vote and refusal as something along those veins and it has resulted in the most meaty topic of the day to be fair. I still don't scum read him and again like his approach to the game more than most others here it seems.

Vote: Bronx Man

At this point it's time to start making moves and forming some actual vote leaders so people have to make a stand. I think people are correct in that scum right now are perfectly happy with only 2 or 3 votes on a particular person and letting things continue on to days end.

Bronx you fail to understand the difference in your aggression which is almost 100% reactive and proactive aggression. Your behavior has given me enough bad vibes to be fine seeing you go today. Even if not scum, I'd rather remove the constant hostility towards anyone who has the audacity to question you.

Can you please give specific instances to his scummy behavior? I'm not seeing it and I don't really understand where everyone is getting these bad vibes from. He's reading null / lean town for me.

Natiko's read list from last page rings some alerts in my head. Super early read lists of everyone (especially in a game that has been 75% shitposting so far) always reeks of fake contribution...

That's a good point. I never quite gave Natiko any consideration seeing as how I feel he's playing pretty consistently from past games, but your read makes me want to go back and check him again

On the other hand, early reads are good for town in that they provide a good reference when the flip happens. And in a day where so little info is available to town, anything is valuable.

Natiko

Banned
Feel free to drudge through my previous games. I've only ever had maybe two or so day phases in which I did not post a full reads list. It's something I always try and do to make sure I not only share my thoughts but to have points to reference back to. I'm not in the slightest saying you should town read me for it, but it really isn't very alignment indicative. I've done it as a neutral, town, town, and scum thus far.

Burbeting

Banned
Feel free to drudge through my previous games. I've only ever had maybe two or so day phases in which I did not post a full reads list. It's something I always try and do to make sure I not only share my thoughts but to have points to reference back to. I'm not in the slightest saying you should town read me for it, but it really isn't very alignment indicative. I've done it as a neutral, town, town, and scum thus far.

I'm not saying that full reads lists are bad, I do those too from time to time. But when they are put out in Day 1 (especially in a game like this where there so many inactives/shitposters) just looks like you trying to seem useful, when most of your actual reads in that list are pretty much worthless right now.

acohrs

I gave various reasons why I think Faddy is scum. Why wouldn't I vote for who I think is scum?

Who do you want to vote?

Not saying you shouldn't vote for Faddy, your vote, your choice. I'm allowed to consider why I think you're voting though.

Not sure who I will vote for yet. Will have to ponder a bit before day end.

Faddy

Banned
I've been meaning to comment on Fran/Faddy for ages. This is going to have to be from memory though:

Fran has been accused of "vote policing", by Faddy, Sorian, and I think others. I don't like this accusation. I saw him questioning/scrutinizing votes, holding people to account for their votes/unvotes, but... that seems like a good thing? I don't understand where this becomes a scummy behaviour, is there some nuance I'm missing between his questioning and the usual vote examination?

Faddy... is harder to summarize, my opinion of him has flipped a few times throughout the day. In his defense the initial argument from Fran was fairly weak (I don't think there's a huge difference between a joke vote and a prod vote), and he has picked up some very easy bandwagon-y votes (WAMD sticks out as the worst offender for this, maybe Bronx too although I accept his initial vote was reasonable).

On the other hand, he's had some poor arguments himself, and his general reading comprehension / understanding of the game has not been to the standard I expected from him (disclaimer: comparing to his comments in a spec thread). There is a defense from him about "setting a baseline" for reactions to compare with later. I don't mind this explanation itself, but as far as I remember he said this quite shortly after Kawl said exactly the same thing? Felt like he was just hopping on someone else's reasoning to justify his own behaviour, and I do find that suspect. I'll have to read back* to check I'm getting this right.

*I just realised that neither Sawneeks nor Ty4on are in this game... Who will do my homework now? :(

Also quick shout out to Faddy flatly refusing to answer a question earlier (from Bronx, I believe). A few people have done that this game and it's the worst. Squidy, acohrs and swamped come to mind (although the latter two did eventually answer their questions I think). If I can muster the energy to trawl this thread again I'll name and shame.

I was a lot more restrained in the spec thread. Mainly because I didn't think my running commentary would be good. There were plenty of posts that didn't get made that were dumb as hell.

I don't think showing that kind of restraint does much to help in the game thread if lots of people aren't participating. Like that squid/crab thing I just didn't know how to parse the vagueness of it all and how important it was so I posted my initial thoughts and got corrections from the group.

I can't believe the amount of posts this Bronx vote has generated. I read him as generally a bad player. read scum danganronpa3 thread for almost illiterate Bronx. He gets worked up so I refused him a broader explanation for a vote. I guess I should be happy my vote caused as many reactions as it did but so much later it is becoming disruptive.

Natiko

Banned
I'm not saying that full reads lists are bad, I do those too from time to time. But when they are put out in Day 1 (especially in a game like this where there so many inactives/shitposters) just looks like you trying to seem useful, when most of your actual reads in that list are pretty much worthless right now.
I'm simply letting you know I've posted a full reads list D1 of every game I've played except Quarantine due to how different D1 was there. If you find it worthless that's fine, but personally they help me collect my thoughts. I wouldn't have any impressions of players like Swamped, WAMD, Vere, etc. had I just stuck with my memory and not gone back and reread for that list. Even if it wasn't valuable for anyone else it helps me solve. If I just was worried about appearances I'm pretty sure I could've done nothing and been fine seeing as I've contributed more than 80% of the players currently.

Faddy

Banned
I'm simply letting you know I've posted a full reads list D1 of every game I've played except Quarantine due to how different D1 was there. If you find it worthless that's fine, but personally they help me collect my thoughts. I wouldn't have any impressions of players like Swamped, WAMD, Vere, etc. had I just stuck with my memory and not gone back and reread for that list. Even if it wasn't valuable for anyone else it helps me solve. If I just was worried about appearances I'm pretty sure I could've done nothing and been fine seeing as I've contributed more than 80% of the players currently.

Hey Natiko don't let anyone tell you what techniques you can and can't use to help yourself solve the game :)

Sorian

Banned
Not exactly stunning revelations but I would vote any of the inactives, Bronx, acohrs, Fran, and maybe Blarg at this stage.

For the specific names, Bronx is always a distraction to me. I'm not saying I'm up for a policy lynch because that isn't quite it but his defensive streak is still strong, he hasn't done anything overtly terrible so not my first choice.

I went over Acohrs in an earlier post. CCS made a recent post about why he is so confused at the hate towards his interactions and Acohrs. It still reads to me as one of them being scum and trying to shuffle up with the other (yes, tell me how I am trying to line up mislynches).

Fran v Faddy is an interesting game and I'd believe one of them is right about the other. I side with Faddy and think Fran was the one pulling some shit.

Blarg hasn't impressed me so far. He started with his usual shit posting but then left it early, which is fine, but he did it in favor of philosophizing about the game instead of actually trying to solve it.

Faddy

Banned
Not exactly stunning revelations but I would vote any of the inactives, Bronx, acohrs, Fran, and maybe Blarg at this stage.

For the specific names, Bronx is always a distraction to me. I'm not saying I'm up for a policy lynch because that isn't quite it but his defensive streak is still strong, he hasn't done anything overtly terrible so not my first choice.

I went over Acohrs in an earlier post. CCS made a recent post about why he is so confused at the hate towards his interactions and Acohrs. It still reads to me as one of them being scum and trying to shuffle up with the other (yes, tell me how I am trying to line up mislynches).

Fran v Faddy is an interesting game and I'd believe one of them is right about the other. I side with Faddy and think Fran was the one pulling some shit.

Blarg hasn't impressed me so far. He started with his usual shit posting but then left it early, which is fine, but he did it in favor of philosophizing about the game instead of actually trying to solve it.

For Bronx and Blarg I am against a policy lynch for shitposting. But if it is going to happen it must be today. I'm not lynching either on day 2 for shitposts on day 1.

Even though I am scumreading fran I still think I would rather go for a policy lynch against an inactive for the reason that lynching fran might get us 1 scum but it doesn't help us get his mates. Meanwhile we would still have a whole load of sandbaggers to carry. And if we are going to have a policy on inactives let's have one and stick to it.

Pushed to pick between achors and CCS. I would say it is more likely that CCS is scum but I don't have a strong read on either of them.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Not which gafia user he is, but something along those lines. I can just share what I think here since I think most people have had time to form their own opinions.

Also, not answering a question can be a valid thing to do. In the past I've thrown out a vote with no explanation and refused to comment on it for a while. It can be useful for parsing reactions, but that requires a later explanation and what info was acquired. I was viewing faddys early vote and refusal as something along those veins and it has resulted in the most meaty topic of the day to be fair. I still don't scum read him and again like his approach to the game more than most others here it seems.

At this point it's time to start making moves and forming some actual vote leaders so people have to make a stand. I think people are correct in that scum right now are perfectly happy with only 2 or 3 votes on a particular person and letting things continue on to days end.

Bronx you fail to understand the difference in your aggression which is almost 100% reactive and proactive aggression. Your behavior has given me enough bad vibes to be fine seeing you go today. Even if not scum, I'd rather remove the constant hostility towards anyone who has the audacity to question you.
I mean, you guys can go ahead and lynch me if you want. Town would be shooting themselves in the foot, but hey, at least you guys got rid of the guy that you couldn't describe as doing anything scummy.

gryvan

This is another poster I could accuse of the same thing, and I like this post a lot less than Burb's. The Fran/Faddy "situation" has been the only consistent argument throughout this day phase, and gryvan's analysis of it is "lol I dunno". He's either not interested in figuring this game out or 1)exceptionally lazy.

He also has that "fuck Blarg's posts" comment,2) but I've not forgotten it was gryvan himself who first attempted to summon Blarg to the thread. I pointed out at the time that doing so is asking for shitposts, and now that Blarg has made said shitposts gryvan is complaining about them? Right.

I haven't played with gryvan much but I expected a lot more than he's given us this game.

1) I am extremely lazy. It is true

2) about the blarg issue, regardless of whether I "summoned" blarg or not, he will still start said shitpost. Its inevitable and since we didn't have anything to talk about before the whole fran/Faddy happened, the RPing felt fun to do.

I never said I like what Blargs doing either...because its literally copy paste of large crap over and over to fill over an entire page so please don't put words in my mouth assuming you know what I am thinking thanks...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the near end of day voting, between crab and bronx...I can probably go with bronx due to his aggressiveness even though i still think of him as town. Crab...feels town but with few posts and hating the current thread trend, I don't know.

I'm also fine lynching between fran/faddy but i have to actually do more work/research (since I'm lazy) on that before i can put a final vote on it.

acohr/CCS I don't feel good about after joining with Bronx on listing all inactives (which is very acceptable/reasonable because we do have certain posters, including me, with low post counts) but this is happening on Day 1 out of all the days (The worse day in majority of gafia games). It also felt like a derailment of the fran/Faddy discussion.

Natiko

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with all the people on this page saying they think Bronx is town but are fine with lynching him? If you think someone is scummy, even for weak reasoning, that's for a D1 lynch. Outright saying you think someone is town but that you're okay with lynching them is about as anti-town as it gets. Especially when they aren't the ones displaying the most anti-town or annoying behavior.

Kawl_USC

What the fuck is wrong with all the people on this page saying they think Bronx is town but are fine with lynching him? If you think someone is scummy, even for weak reasoning, that's for a D1 lynch. Outright saying you think someone is town but that you're okay with lynching them is about as anti-town as it gets. Especially when they aren't the ones displaying the most anti-town or annoying behavior.

A utility lynch can be justified for a null read, especially on day 1, but I agree that if you read Bronx as actually town, versus just not strong reading him as scum, then lynching him is not a very logical position to take.

franconp

Even though I am scumreading fran I still think I would rather go for a policy lynch against an inactive for the reason that lynching fran might get us 1 scum but it doesn't help us get his mates. Meanwhile we would still have a whole load of sandbaggers to carry. And if we are going to have a policy on inactives let's have one and stick to it.

This part doesn't make sense. You are scumreading me but you won't vote for me because it doesn't help find my teammates. So you vote an inactive? You realize where is the contradiction in there?

If my flipping doesn't help you find scum, and I have been talking and proding people, how can you find scum when you flip an inactive? The inactive are inactives because they aren't posting in the game. How can you get better results that way? Your idea doesn't make sense.

I also don't like how you are trying too hard to push a inactives. Voting for inactives is an easy lynch to scum to hide. Also don't like how you keep talking about policy lynching, there's no need to a policy. You need to find scum, no kill the townies whp aren't playing as you like.

Natiko

Banned
VOTE: acohrs

Of the people that concern me he's the one actually in a position to potentially be lynched so that's where my vote goes for now. If this comes down to a Bronx or Crab lynch I'll vote Crab if tie breaking is needed.

nin1000

Banned

d8DEOtY.gif

Faddy

Banned
This part doesn't make sense. You are scumreading me but you won't vote for me because it doesn't help find my teammates. So you vote an inactive? You realize where is the contradiction in there?

If my flipping doesn't help you find scum, and I have been talking and proding people, how can you find scum when you flip an inactive? The inactive are inactives because they aren't posting in the game. How can you get better results that way? Your idea doesn't make sense.

I also don't like how you are trying too hard to push a inactives. Voting for inactives is an easy lynch to scum to hide. Also don't like how you keep talking about policy lynching, there's no need to a policy. You need to find scum, no kill the townies whp aren't playing as you like.

I don't see the contradiction. Our objective is to find all the scum. What is more helpful long term? Get rid of some dead weight and send a message to others that they need to be contributing which will force low post scum to participate.

If we lynch you today and you flip scum there aren't many connections to draw from that. Letting you live another day will give us more to go on. My plan isn't to have a good day 1 it is for Town to be in a good position in the late game.

Kawl_USC

AHHH is the thing about Blarg that he is Kawl? Not that that means anything alignment-wise...
I'll go ahead and say what I thought.

No it wasn't that he was me.

I was more concerned about the possibility of blarg being some type of third party role who is hunting for a particular "user". His frequent insistence that he wasn't blarg and asking others if they were blarg made me think he may have been trying to bait out name claims by people. I would recommend not disclosing that information on the off chance that he is a hunter type role.

Kawl_USC

I don't see the contradiction. Our objective is to find all the scum. What is more helpful long term? Get rid of some dead weight and send a message to others that they need to be contributing which will force low post scum to participate.

If we lynch you today and you flip scum there aren't many connections to draw from that. Letting you live another day will give us more to go on. My plan isn't to have a good day 1 it is for Town to be in a good position in the late game.

While I've voiced disagreement on whether policy lynching an inactive will move the others to participate much (they will most likely just call your bluff as one lynch hardly sends a scary enough message and ambivalent town is likely just not assed enough or too busy to care), I can follow this logic at the very least.

The self evident logical chain is why I believe that town!Faddy is a good asset for town that I'd like to keep around over say Fran or Bronx.

Natiko

Banned

I was more concerned about the possibility of blarg being some type of third party role who is hunting for a particular "user". His frequent insistence that he wasn't blarg and asking others if they were blarg made me think he may have been trying to bait out name claims by people. I would recommend not disclosing that information on the off chance that he is a hunter type role.
That's an interesting thought, I hadn't really put much consideration behind his questions as I just chalked it up to Blarg nonsense. Something to consider at least.

Kawl_USC

That's an interesting thought, I hadn't really put much consideration behind his questions as I just chalked it up to Blarg nonsense. Something to consider at least.
The double edge sword of blargs posts is that just often enough he interlaces actual meaningful stuff amongst the shit where you can drive yourself crazy looking for something when it's actually just a normal 100% shit post.

So I'm most likely wrong here, but it jumped out at me so I wanted to pick others brain about it.

Sorian

Banned
For Bronx and Blarg I am against a policy lynch for shitposting. But if it is going to happen it must be today. I'm not lynching either on day 2 for shitposts on day 1.

Pushed to pick between achors and CCS. I would say it is more likely that CCS is scum but I don't have a strong read on either of them.

I don't policy lynch, I'm not mentioning either of them for that reason.

Verelios

The double edge sword of blargs posts is that just often enough he interlaces actual meaningful stuff amongst the shit where you can drive yourself crazy looking for something when it's actually just a normal 100% shit post.

So I'm most likely wrong here, but it jumped out at me so I wanted to pick others brain about it.
That's about what I thought you were hinting at, but it's not that strange for there to be a Blarg role in this game. And if he was, then I can't see the purpose of him doing so at this time. Very irrational, very Blarg.

Posting a read list shortly

Faddy

Banned

I put it down to Blarg just being cute with the fact his role is not himself.

However

It has crossed my mind that player name could be an indication of alignment. Like whoever is Retro has a power role and things like that. But then if flavour like that was part of the game then those players would be given cover names.

So my thought is people should keep their role name secret.

Sorian

Banned

I don't really see that as something that's happening though? People just seems to think Bronx is acting on the cusp of scummy that it's possible he could be town and possible he isn't. There isn't really a definitive thing you can point to for either point.

Fair play, I honestly forgot we were even doing flavor based on people's names.

Sorian

Banned
I put it down to Blarg just being cute with the fact his role is not himself.

However

It has crossed my mind that player name could be an indication of alignment. Like whoever is Retro has a power role and things like that. But then if flavour like that was part of the game then those players would be given cover names.

So my thought is people should keep their role name secret.

Literally a shot in the dark, the beauty of this is anyone can be a role or not. Ouro can still tell his crappy jokes about anyone without them being a PR :p

Faddy

Banned
I don't policy lynch, I'm not mentioning either of them for that reason.

So you think Bronx and Blarg are scum then?

I'm town reading Bronx for overreacting to everything and slightly scum reading Blarg because he seems to have rolled back on his shitposts a bit.

But then what does lynching Blarg get you. Does it matter if he flips town/scum? Unless you have some great insight into what his posts mean it is still mostly gibberish.

Natiko

Banned

1) I am extremely lazy. It is true

2) about the blarg issue, regardless of whether I "summoned" blarg or not, he will still start said shitpost. Its inevitable and since we didn't have anything to talk about before the whole fran/Faddy happened, the RPing felt fun to do.

I never said I like what Blargs doing either...because its literally copy paste of large crap over and over to fill over an entire page so please don't put words in my mouth assuming you know what I am thinking thanks...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the near end of day voting, between crab and bronx...I can probably go with bronx due to his aggressiveness even though i still think of him as town. Crab...feels town but with few posts and hating the current thread trend, I don't know.

I'm also fine lynching between fran/faddy but i have to actually do more work/research (since I'm lazy) on that before i can put a final vote on it.

acohr/CCS I don't feel good about after joining with Bronx on listing all inactives (which is very acceptable/reasonable because we do have certain posters, including me, with low post counts) but this is happening on Day 1 out of all the days (The worse day in majority of gafia games). It also felt like a derailment of the fran/Faddy discussion.

I don't really see that as something that's happening though? People just seems to think Bronx is acting on the cusp of scummy that it's possible he could be town and possible he isn't. There isn't really a definitive thing you can point to for either point.
They're just wishy washy stances. It's like they're trying to pre-emptively give themselves excuses for if he flips town. It's D1, people realize all lynches won't hit scum. Why did Karl feel the need to justify it in advance? Gryvan's post I come away from feeling like he listed Bronx as the person he would vote for over all others while saying he thinks he's town. They're just not great looks to me.

Kawl_USC

Because I always approach lynches from a utility stand point, especially in the absence of a strong scum read. This isn't some new thing for me. It's the reason I advocated and would advocate again for a ccs lynch day 2 of Zelda.

Natiko

Banned
Because I always approach lynches from a utility stand point, especially in the absence of a strong scum read. This isn't some new thing for me. It's the reason I advocated and would advocate again for a ccs lynch day 2 of Zelda.
Remind me how that one turned out. What info do we gain from lynching Bronx if you think he's fairly likely to flip town? Remember all that info we were supposed to gain from the CCS lynch? Go back and tell me how much it was mentioned D3 lol

Kawl_USC

Remind me how that one turned out. What info do we gain from lynching Bronx if you think he's fairly likely to flip town? Remember all that info we were supposed to gain from the CCS lynch? Go back and tell me how much it was mentioned D3 lol
Yea I was night killed. Can't help that town kind of dropped the ball, and that we were in a game state with all inactive scum.

Again you guys have to get past evaluating a decision only on the outcome. That's garbage level decision analysis.

And I think it's possible for Bronx to flip town. And yes even likely given how odds work in this game. But it doesn't mean I think it's highly highly unlikely for him to flip scum.

Natiko

Banned
Yea I was night killed. Can't help that town kind of dropped the ball, and that we were in a game state with all inactive scum.

Again you guys have to get past evaluating a decision only on the outcome. That's garbage level decision analysis.

And I think it's possible for Bronx to flip town. And yes even likely given how odds work in this game. But it doesn't mean I think it's highly highly unlikely for him to flip scum.
I'm evaluating your reasoning for the vote, not the outcome. If you think he is your best shot to lynch scum today then fine. The way you phrased it did not make that out to be the case. I mean you're against an inactive lynch because it doesn't gain us anything but the way you speak about Bronx in they initial post I'm not seeing what we gain there either. I already said I realize we aren't going to always lynch scum, but we should at least be taking what we think is our best shot at hitting scum.

Top Bottom