• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 announced (PC/PS4/XB1, Spring 2016, Chooseable Protag, Void/IT5 Engine)

Jb

Confirmed by the Arkane CEOs on the Bethesda stream with a CG trailer.

Dishonored 2 takes your protagonist -- choose between Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin -- to the coastal city of Karnaca where the choices you make will have significant impact on the world. Both assassins have their own unique set of powers, weapons, and tools to provide creative and exciting new ways to eliminate targets.

- two playable characters.
- new character is Emily Kaldwin from the 1st game.
2343504-228px_emily01gysjs.jpg
- takes place in Karnaca, in an island south of where Dunwall was.
- PC, XB1, PS4.
- Spring 2016.

Trailer

the Post-show is talking about the setting and Emily on the stream. Some worldbuilding stuff and Emily-specific info.

Emily doesn't get blink, but has far-reach (the tentacle grab), has different animations/movement, etc...

They're also talking about how the level design has to accommodate both Emily and Corvo's varied power sets and focuses.

No co-op, single player gives more choice/consequence. Make a choice at the beginning between characters, and can't switch during a playthrough (reportedly for story-associated reasons). Also, Corvo and Emily get different 'takes' on the story based on their varying circumstances/personalities.

traveler

Not Wario
Hopefully, blink doesn't snap the entire game in half this time around/they have challenges to match the ridiculous abilities they give the player.

FelipeMGM

Somebody called on the E3 discussion thread that the next game would feature emily as protagonist. GAF hás some visionaries

Shaanyboi

Banned
Fucking awesome. Also I look forward to reading bitter misogynists get pissy about the protagonist on twitter.

edit: Oh boy, it's happening already! Never fails.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
....so...... does this mean the good ending to D1 is like worthless now?

Not necessarily worthless. They mentioned that
someone else gets outsider powers, and interferes after the end of Dishonored 1.

It's mentioned throughout Dishonored that the Outsider makes 'fate' get wonky.

Not necessarily worthless. They mentioned that
someone else gets outsider powers, and interferes after the end of Dishonored 1.

It's mentioned that the Outsider makes 'fate' get wonky.

I mean in the good ending
they say that emily went on to rule the empire as an amazing empress and that corvo died, and she buried him next to her mother
. They could still do that but I mean it'd be like an interquel to the ending cinematic lol. And it's narrated by the outsider too.

Hyped for this and the remaster. I've wanted to play the original but I just haven't had a lull in games for awhile. Will definitely grab on PS4.

Holy shit we get to play now as the empress daughter, Emily?? Awesome. Hopefully she talks like Daud and not a silent character like corvo.

And more Corvo? Count me in.

Though this means bad ending isn't canon.

shoutout to sokolov

14b0accdd9.jpg

she doesn't shoot a whale oil explosive dart she throws a grenade and shoots it with a regular dart

21a46ca8d4.jpg

outsider's looking good

dfe15f6c77.jpg

Top Bottom