• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Show Reruns |OT| Watch in horror as emperor Obama seizes control

Status
Not open for further replies.

berzeli

Banned
s0urJmD.png

Huh? What?
To commemorate the departure of Jon Stewart as host of The Daily Show there is a 42 days long stream of old episodes.

Where?
Here.

Can I watch it?
It seems to be region-free. Someone at Comedy Central hates fun and the stream is now region-locked. Bastards.

What year is it?
As of the latest edit; We've entered the post 9/11 world. See this (estimated) schedule for more updated info.

Why?
To see a cultural phenomenon take shape and see the start of comedy greats as Vance DeGeneres, Adrianne Frost, Bob Wiltfong, and many others. (Or if you're so inclined; Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Ed Helms, and many others.)

Is it funny?
So far, it's pretty decent. Also, pretty different. Yes. It very much is.

Will you bump the thread when we get to the Bush election?
I better. Or, well, someone better.

sTO3uN3.png
PICV1BK.png

watched a clinton state of the union address segment earlier this morning. it was pretty funny but stewart at that stage was definitely more interested in taking swipes at everyone than actually making a point.

i'll be checking it out throughout the month. it's a pretty cool thing!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Can't wait. I was watching from the start (by this I mean since Craig), can't wait to watch some of this.

border

Damn, I was hoping that this would be for some of the old Craig Kilborn episodes.

Is there any way to watch this stream on a TV set? I have all consoles.

This is really cool, thanks for posting it! I forgot how different the old format used to be. And it's always bizarre to remember that both Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert were on this show for a long time.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bookmarked. I can't imagine I'll watch this for long stretches, but it'll be amusing to pop in every once in a while and see where they're at. Really neat idea, and it's nice that it's free for everyone.

Dishwalla

Banned
Been watching this off and on since this morning, it's pretty cool to see the old topics of the day, kind of like the old SNLs. His episode with Ed McMahon that was on a couple of hours ago was great.

Those same three or four commercials they show are pretty annoying though.

Forgot about this today because of the big SCOTUS decision, but wow, Jon has black hair, and talking about Monica Lewinsky!

Dishwalla

Banned
Hopefully someone bumps this when the 9/11 reaction episode is coming up. I'll try, but I can't make any guarantee.

He does have Seven of Nine on right now, that's interesting.

berzeli

Banned
Ian McKellen just talked about Gods and Monsters (amazing film btw) and the topic of being gay and specifically gay marriage came up; "There are a lot of things you can't do in this country as a gay man". And now you can, it just took sixteen years.

Also jokes about Kubrick's death from a then contemporary perspective feels weird.

Pez dispensers worth gold when the Y2K shit hits the fan!

Jon Stewart has shoulders... either that or his head was smaller.

The format of the show really has changed.

Oh man, exclusive jokes from the Dailyshow website! EXCLUSIVE JOKES!

They sure had a different definition of "fat" back then. These days those celluloid women would be called "thick".

Young(er) Lewis Black!

Ecotic

I like the color scheme of this set, it has sort of a calm late night conversation feel to it. Kind of a no pressure place you can go to have a conversation. Compared to the current one it almost feels like the difference between a physical set and a greenscreen.

Man that hair! Colbert was a handsome sonofabitch!

American government experimenting with LSD on people. Such an interesting thing.

You can also really tell that the '60's were in style in the '90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom