• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vampire Diaries S8 |OT| It's the final countdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

fTem4OC.jpg

Season seven of the THE VAMPIRE DIARIES found our heroes rebuilding their world without Elena. Confronted by the prospect of a decades-long wait for Elena’s return, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) struggled with his heartbreak and relied on his contentious but profound friendship with Bonnie (Kat Graham). Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Caroline (Candice King) began their much-anticipated relationship, which was complicated by Caroline’s unexpected role as surrogate mother to the infant twins left behind when Alaric (Matt Davis) lost his wife. Meanwhile, Damon pursued a vendetta against his mother Lily (guest star Annie Wersching), who had abandoned her sons to care for a vicious brood of vampire-witches called the Heretics – one of whom, Valerie (Elizabeth Blackmore), had loved Stefan ever since their romantic encounter in a previous century.

Lily’s misguided choices ultimately caused her own tragic demise and put Mystic Falls in the sights of a formidable nemesis: Rayna Cruz (guest star Leslie-Anne Huff), a supernatural vampire hunter. Rayna targeted Stefan, forcing him to go on the run and leaving Caroline to make a new start with Alaric. Determined to defeat Rayna, Damon enlisted the help of the Armory, a shadowy group with family ties to Bonnie’s boyfriend Enzo (Michael Malarkey). But the Armory’s deeper agenda robbed Bonnie of her magic and jeopardized her life. To remedy the crisis, Damon and Enzo had to venture into the Armory’s occult vault, where an evil presence overcame them. The triangle of Stefan, Caroline and Alaric will team up with Bonnie in season eight to search for the two most important men in her life – even though Damon and Enzo may be long past saving.

Months after Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Enzo (Michael Malarkey) mysteriously vanished from the Armory vault, Stefan (Paul Wesley) tirelessly pushes forward with their search, while Bonnie (Kat Graham) struggles holding onto hope that they will be found. Meanwhile, a dangerous encounter with an unexpected visitor leaves Caroline (Candice King) and Alaric (Matt Davis) fearing that someone – or something – may be targeting their family. Finally, after following some mysterious clues, Stefan realizes that whatever has a hold of his brother may have a more damaging grip over him than he could have ever imagined. It is time for the final 16 episodes for the hit CW show.

Main cast
Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore
Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore
Kat Graham as Bonnie Bennett
Candice King as Caroline Forbes
Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan
Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman
Michael Malarkey as Lorenzo "Enzo" St. John

Recurring cast
Nathalie Kelley as Sybil
Kristen Gutoskie as Seline
Allison Scagliotti as Georgie
Tristin Mays as Sarah Nelson

jwk94

Oh wait, it's time? Guess I should finish up season 7 now. I stopped around the time the lesbian witches died (they were so good =( ). Did the season get better?

wildbite

I'm happy it is back but still sad this is the final season. I need to see Elena back in the final episode for me to leave satisfied.

TripOpt55

Well, I didn't hate the new episode. Having a new type of monster be the big bad is interesting I guess. Hope this final season is pretty good at least. The last few seasons have been a slog.

Joni

That was mean of Sybil. Forgetting the main love interest is such a last season thing.
Alaric has to make a hard choice. Both babysitter and georgie are perfect.

Joni

"You Decided That I Was Worth Saving" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

BONNIE'S CHOICE - As Enzo (Michael Malarkey) continues to fight the control over him, Bonnie (Kat Graham) finds herself at the center of a deadly game and forced to make a heart wrenching decision involving two of the most important people in her life. At the Armory, Alaric (Matt Davis) researches a mysterious artifact that he hopes will help in their fight to get Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Enzo back. Finally, Damon's downward spiral leads him to Tyler Lockwood (guest star Michael Trevino) who attempts to talk some sense into him before it's too late. Paul Wesley and Candice King also star. Michael Karasick directed the episode written by Chad Fiveash & James Stoteraux (#803). Original airdate 11/4/2016.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hmm...not feeling this season so far - but it might be worth the pay-off one Sybil is completely done with Damon and reveals the grander plan.

Kinda cheap that they had Damon kill-off a character he didnt care much about to begin with lol...Tyler.

Lyonaz

Did Michael Trevino piss off the writers of this show or something, his character got the most shit on character arc ever. I remember when his wolf arc started really great and now is just meh.

They should make Lucifer the end Big Bad already and wrap up this Siren bullshit.

Joni

"An Eternity of Misery" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)
A SUPERNATURAL ORIGIN STORY - Tasked with finding a mysterious artifact, Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) latest mission takes him to Texas where a violent run-in with Peter Maxwell (guest star Joel Gretsch) leads to a surprising revelation. Meanwhile, after gaining the upper hand in their fight to save Damon and Enzo (Michael Malarkey), Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Alaric (Matt Davis) team up and uncover the origins of the mysterious force they're up against. Finally, Matt (Zach Roerig) returns to the fray after his past and present collide in an unexpected way. Candice King also stars. Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Brett Matthews & Neil Reynolds (#804). Original airdate 11/11/2016.

Joni

That must have been the meanest death Damon ever caused.
Unexpected end to the episode, I thought she would stay around longer. I hope they use this as a chance to bring back the superior Nina Dobrev character, Katarina.

cw_sasuke

Finally some development - liked the episode.

Couldnt care less about Tyler though - should have died seasons ago.

The Hobo

So I guess that's where Katherine, Silas, and others went when the other side fell - to Arcadius' world.

That's probably the end of Tyler, given it's the last season.

Somnia

I'm enjoying this season so far, curious to see how quickly it'll pick up steam though since they will have to come to an overall conclusion eventually.

Joni

I'm guessing something like Selene being taken down by the end of the year, bringing up the devil as the enemy for the last stint of episodes, with some surprise appearances by someone like Silas.

Joni

"Coming Home Was a Mistake" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)
WHEN TRAGEDY STRIKES TOO CLOSE TO HOME - Spiraling down a dangerous path of self-destruction, Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) latest actions prove he may be beyond the point of return. Unwilling to give up on his brother, Stefan (Paul Wesley) is forced to make a gut-wrenching decision that threatens to change their relationship forever. Elsewhere, Bonnie (Kat Graham) gets advice from Caroline (Candice King) on how to break through to Enzo (Michael Malarkey), while Matt (Zach Roerig) attempts to decipher a mysterious box of messages that he's received. Finally, after tragedy strikes close to home, Stefan and the others are forced to remember what matters most to them. Matt Davis also stars. James Thompson directed the episode written by Celine Geiger (#805). Original airdate 11/18/2016.

Pachimari

Thought we didn't have a thread for S8, nice. Thankfully I caught up before the season started, so I can watch this final season as it happens.

I seriously hope they can strike a deal with Nina Dobrev for the last few episodes.

Joni

Thought we didn't have a thread for S8, nice. Thankfully I caught up before the season started, so I can watch this final season as it happens.

I seriously hope they can strike a deal with Nina Dobrev for the last few episodes.

I hope they do keep it secret, and if possible, that they bring back Katerina back first if they can get her for a couple of episodes.

Pachimari

I hope they do keep it secret, and if possible, that they bring back Katerina back first if they can get her for a couple of episodes.
Oh yeah for sure. I would love it to be a surprise.

I also hope that Damon snaps out of this control soon. Would suck to only get zombie-Damon in the last season, and not a Damon who's in control of himself.

Pachimari

I don't know about this season. It's worse than the last one but not so bad either. I want Sybil and Selina to die already and for them to kill off more characters. I don't care about Tyler, he should have died much earlier. I really loved the family last season and the sisters. What happened to the last sister? She should return for this season.

Joni

I don't know about this season. It's worse than the last one but not so bad either. I want Sybil and Selina to die already and for them to kill off more characters. I don't care about Tyler, he should have died much earlier. I really loved the family last season and the sisters. What happened to the last sister? She should return for this season.

Valerie fled to Supernatural.

Joni

Alaric watched too much Taken. He managed to scare a siren...
I do hope we haven't seen the last of Selene and Georgie while Sybil stays around. We'd lose the two nice women.

cw_sasuke

Bonnie having no powers is so boring

Not that you are wrong...but i feel right thats the least of the issues the show has.Final season and they barely can make me care about whats going on....really hope they speed things up soon.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Not that you are wrong...but i feel right thats the least of the issues the show has.Final season and they barely can make me care about whats going on....really hope they speed things up soon.
Right. The whole Damon/Stefan turning off their humanity, being evil has been done so much already. It's tiring. They could have done the hell arc much better by having previous villains come back

I'm pretty exhausted with the whole "IMA TURN OFF MY HUMANITY TRY AND STOP ME NOW MUAHAHAHA-(pls help me)"

Bonnie having no powers is lame as fuck to boot + that whole ENZO TURN IT BACK ON I LUV YOU AND I WILL LIGHT MYSELF ON FIRE FOR YOU nonsense was dumb as fuck especially considering he just turned off his humanity like 1 episode back. That entire chunk of scenes was pointless and only existed to secure that bonnie finally got hers. :l

Honestly, this season is garbage. I'm anxious for it to be over and I'm solely watching this for how they will end it.

Nibiru

Banned
There was a time when this show was really good. The whole originals and hybrid stuff was fun. My wife and I slogged through the later seasons but it was painful. Haven't watched since Dobrev left. We thought that season was bad. What was the following season like?

Joni

"The Next Time I Hurt Somebody, It Could Be You" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)
THE DEVIL FROM CHRISTMAS PAST - Faced with the fallout from his interaction with Cade (guest star Wole Parks), Stefan (Paul Wesley) is determined to have one thing go right - Christmas Eve with Caroline. However, when Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Sybil (guest star Nathalie Kelley) crash their Christmas Eve dinner, which had been joined by Alaric (Matt Davis), Matt (Zach Roerig) and Peter (guest star Joel Gretsch), things quickly take a dark and twisted turn. Meanwhile, in a series of flashbacks to Stefan's past, Cade's attempt to entice him with his mysterious agenda leaves Stefan faced with an unimaginable decision. Kat Graham and Michael Malarkey also star. Tanya Hamilton directed the episode written by Shukree Hassan Tilghman (#807). Original airdate 12/9/2016.

The Hobo

This season has been lacklustre. Damon being on a leash thus far isn't fun to watch. And now we have Stefan flipping his switch again. Oh joy.

Pachimari

He did kill Sybill by ripping out her heart.

I just caught up and only got this week's episode left to watch. But I got to say this season is pretty weak with the whole Case and siblings thing. It's at least worse than last season.

I still hope we will get to see Elena wake up with nobody else being around. What a depressing ending it would be and I would love it.

Pachimari

This season has been really really weak damn. I am also starting to think, that Nina Dobrev won't even be back for any new scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom