• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL + Zelda: ALBW bundle = $150 at Target on Nov 28-30th [@AskTarget Says Yes]

kick51

Banned
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...0-at-target-on-black-friday-1128-1130/page-32

"I'm fucking furious right now.

Ok, so I called my local target and asked if they had one. They said they had only one in stock and I asked them to put it on hold for me. They said yes. I go to the target and asked for the bundle, but the employee was confused and told me that he sold to some douchebag who claimed he was me and they sold him the last bundle.

Fuck the luck."

What a small world.

full-1725-26080-its_on.jpg

Im glad I picked this up since I had no idea it was going to be hard to find. I definitely got lucky and had no plans to get a new 3ds but it was do shinnyy.

Now im waiting in line at frys just to get a screen protector since they seem to be the only near me that sells them.

Ecliptor

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...0-at-target-on-black-friday-1128-1130/page-32

Ok, so I called my local target and asked if they had one. They said they had only one in stock and I asked them to put it on hold for me. They said yes. I go to the target and asked for the bundle, but the employee was confused and told me that he sold to some douchebag who claimed he was me and they sold him the last bundle.

Fuck the luck."

Hilarious.

kick51

Banned
Man... I can't decide. I snagged the last bundle yesterday, If I can get a regular 3ds XL somewhere else at a good price, should I keep this unopened and sell it much later down the road? Do these things appreciate in value?

yeah, you can prob get $100 profit if you sell it around this time next year.

kind of a lame investment

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Man... I can't decide. I snagged the last bundle yesterday, If I can get a regular 3ds XL somewhere else at a good price, should I keep this unopened and sell it much later down the road? Do these things appreciate in value?

Much later down the road, why sell it near Christmas there's always suckers who buy this stuff late. Just make sure you undercut the normal retail price

Oh I mean way down the line. Like 5-10 years from now...

Eh not sure that's a great investment it's rather risky since by then a successor will likely be out, and the price plummeted for most sku. You could hope yours is desirable enough to have maintained or increased but if your keeping long term 1 or 2 years would probably be less risky.

So I jumped back into portable waters. I'm really not a portable gamer but A Link Between Worlds is just too good on the reviews. No Target within 45 minutes had the gold Zelda 3DSXL bundles left but I thought about it and it's not nearly as cool as my Zelda Wii U gamepad. It just gold like the Skyward Sword Wii Mote, not laced with cool gold Zelda border text. And who wants to look at solid shiny gold for a screen boarder? That's why they made the inside of the regular 3DS black. So I just bought a black XL for $150. And it's black like Batman and I like it so much better than the idea of a gold one. I opened it and I knew I made the right choice for me.

Heysoos

Is a physical advertisement required for best buy to price match?

Not really, does it show the price online? That said Best Buy is NOT price matching any black Friday deals. You might get lucky and have a nice enough manager approve it for you, but don't be surprised if you get turned down.

Much later down the road, why sell it near Christmas there's always suckers who buy this stuff late. Just make sure you undercut the normal retail price

Eh not sure that's a great investment it's rather risky since by then a successor will likely be out, and the price plummeted for most sku. You could hope yours is desirable enough to have maintained or increased but if your keeping long term 1 or 2 years would probably be less risky.
I was thinking it might appreciate since it's a limited edition. Kinda like the pikachu n64 goes for like 450-500 nowadays.

Hell to the fucking yes, finally a jackpot!

Went to local target completely thinking it was sold out, but the employee said there was one left and asked me if I was the one who called and put a hold for it. I answered yes and while we were finalizing a transaction, a guy showed up asking for the zelda bundle that he placed on hold. I got out as fast as I can before no one can notice.

To that guy, if you are a gaffer, better luck next time...

Fuck the luck."

Ha ha ha ha! I'm laughing so hard my chest hurts. XD

Okay GAF, so who lives near the Wood Dale, IL Target? One of the three Zelda bundles I have was purchased at full price last week and is going to be returned so someone can grab it. Tweet me @grap3 because that's the best way to reach me right now. I'm not PMing anyone or going through any hassle.

So happy. Got back from Target not too long ago and was able to get me a Zelda XL. My Target still had like 4 or 5 of the Zelda XLs when I got there and the other reg XLs as well. Was a cold bike ride there but it was totally worth it!

Ah, I should also note that the inventory checker that was posted a while back was correct in my case. It said my Target had 'em in stock and they definitely did. Of course that doesn't mean it'll be correct for everyone but still.

daemissary

Ugh, stupid website says its in stock when it really isn't.
Even the employees PDA says its in stock but it isn't. Argh.

Having worked in retail, I can tell you that normally that means that someone has just stashed one somewhere...either in the back or just in a random location so they can come back and get it.

faint.

Just picked up the last one at my local Target in Boston. I asked if they were expecting anymore and they said they believe so. Not sure if it was more of a fuck off statement or if they are actually expecting more. Just make sure you ask behind the counter since the one I picked up wasn't on shelves. GL all.

Bulk_Rate

Maybe I just saw you because I was just at the one north. They had none.

Was the one off Lakeline blvd. and 183. The checkout line stretched in a horseshoe shape from the exit to entrance side of the interior, The checkout for electronics was separate and just as bad.

To the guy who picked up the on hold item

You're not in the wrong. It's company policy not to hold items on Black Friday. The employee messed up when he put the item on hold. Feel no remorse!

Soup Bar

I got lucky. They had about 5 of them, but the guy I talked to said they weren't on sale, until he scanned it. Not too bad for standing in line for an hour and twenty minutes.

Pro

Got mine last night when target opened up at 8. Didn't even walk in til around 830 but everyone was buying the regular 3DS XLs for 150. They must not have known about the Zelda 3DS deal. Still listed as $219 on the shelf but the aisle kiosk rang it up as 150 and that's what I got it for. Thanks for the inside info Gaf.

Hell to the fucking yes, finally a jackpot!

Went to local target completely thinking it was sold out, but the employee said there was one left and asked me if I was the one who called and put a hold for it. I answered yes and while we were finalizing a transaction, a guy showed up asking for the zelda bundle that he placed on hold. I got out as fast as I can before no one can notice.

To that guy, if you are a gaffer, better luck next time...

Fuck the luck."

Jesus Crisps man... Not cool :l

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Haven't read the thread to see how everyone's faring but I just walked into the Target by me here in Bloomfield, NJ and asked at the register and they handed me the Zelda Limited Edition bundle like it was nothing. I was expecting to hear they were sold out but nope. The whole transaction took about 10 minutes. Still can't believe it was that easy.

So now the deal is officially back on? Hmm...wonder if they would do a price adjustment on my bundle since I bought it last Friday at Target and this deal obviously wasn't available at the time.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
0-2 ... stores I went to had TONS of normal 3DS XL's in all colors for $149 though. One had huge ass bins outside the electronics department near the registers which may be why they still had so many available.

y2dvd

3DS XL back in stock on Target.com !

Still not the zelda 3DS, but there is a bundle of a 3DS XL + LBW for $190, which is not that different from the $150 standalone.

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-3d.../-/A-14990709#prodSlot=medium_1_8&term=3DS+XL

Target seems to like releasing this stuff at 3:30. You can tell this particular bundle was made to laugh at us who decided to stick to the website...

Sweet. Used this link and found a store with stock. I couldn't purchase any more than 1 though. I wanted to get a copy for my bro lol.

Radec

Is this available ?

My friend in the US said he saw a blue 3DS for $150 @Target Doorbuster.

I would jump in if he can get one tomorrow. Gonna play OoT for the first time. lol

xelloss12

Picked a Zelda bundle up with Fire Emblem. This should be fun. My first Nintendo system since the SNES. After I get done playing Tearaway though.

Top Bottom