• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL + Zelda: ALBW bundle = $150 at Target on Nov 28-30th [@AskTarget Says Yes]

Sky Chief

Wow, I got one.

So crazy I went to my closest Target and they said they had one but the guy looked everywhere and couldn't find it so we assumed it had been sold. He suggested two other stores that had it listed as in stock but same story at both of those. Was discouraged and heading home but thought $50 of an XL is a good deal, I'll just get a regular one. Walked to the electronics section in the first store and saw the Zelda bundle in the cabinet and bought it. They had found it in the back while I was at the other stores!

forrest

formerly nacire
Wife and I went to Target hours after the opening and the place was cleaned out. Was milling around when I spotted the girl restocking electronics. Nabbed a Zelda bundle for me and a pink white for the wifey! Score!

Prologue

3DS XL back in stock on Target.com !

Still not the zelda 3DS, but there is a bundle of a 3DS XL + LBW for $190, which is not that different from the $150 standalone.

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-3d.../-/A-14990709#prodSlot=medium_1_8&term=3DS+XL

Target seems to like releasing this stuff at 3:30. You can tell this particular bundle was made to laugh at us who decided to stick to the website...

Why is it only the zelda one? Can't even get the other pokemon bundles, yet alone just the system.

Got to a Target at 7:30PM and got in line (there were probably 350 people ahead of me). Once I got in I asked about the Zelda 3DS and they said they only had 7 and they were all gone.

Came home for a bit, saw the inventory tracker, two other stores showed available, thought what the hell and checked them both out, but no luck ;(

Boo.

Madness

What games would you guys recommend to get with a 3DS? I only got Star Fox, but there were good discounts on shin megami Tensei (only $29 from $49), kingdom Hearts is $14, luigis mansion and animal crossing $24, Donkey Kong Country returns is $19, Mario Kart 7 is $24 etc.

Which would you folks buy first? I plan to get Zelda Link Between Worlds right away too.

Mii

Banned
Only standalone 3DS XL + Zelda is available @ 190

And Standalone 3DS XL + Mario Party also @ 190

Red Card 5% discount and free shipping and after tax its 191. I actually grabbed another and will make hte first I got a gift for my youngest bro.

Being a lazy bum, I decided to call the Target near me that the inventory tracker said had Golden 3DSs in stock. The dude at electronics said they've been out for hours.

Oh well. I still got that $99 Xbox 360 from Walmart earlier today!

Castcoder

Banned
Alright, will share my story...

I get to Target about 15 minutes before opening. The line was decently sized for my area. I get in about 2 minutes after opening and go to the electronics. There's GIANT line for people to save $20 off an iPad and get $100 of credit back, but I see four 3DS XL Zeldas with the $219.99 mark. I figure it's a hiccup and look around the store thinking, "Oh, they must have certain 3DS XLs for the sale." I find the 3DS XLs in Women's apparel. I see blue, red, and black. People are snatching them, but no Zelda models were in sight. I ask a salesman running around about opening the case I saw the four Zelda 3DS XLs in. He mentions "I can open this for you, but it will be the $219.99 price." I was confused and just told him to forget it. I walk away, empty-handed.

As I am angry for leaving empty handed, I looked and thought more about the flier saying the Zelda 3DS XLs are available from Thursday to 11/30. I'm puzzled and think... "I'm going to go back and demand it like an asshole would!" I turn around in the parking lot, get out, thankfully find all the 3DS XLs still there, ask the same guy to open the case give me one anyway, then make a dash to the front counter.

The clerk is happy to see the 3DS XL I have, and tells me how much of a deal these are. I look at the scanner and am relieved to see $157 appear on the screen. I swipe my debit as fast as I can-- messing up and accidentally canceling the transaction the in the process of it, but I still got it!

Lesson to learn: the tired employees working the electronics section at Target don't really know the prices on special deals like this.

I have an extra digital copy of A Link Between Worlds now, since I already purchased the game. I'll be selling it for $30 if anyone is interested. PM me!

Ellite25

Got mine tonight two. Showed up about 5 minutes before they opened, was at the end of a huge line, walked right over to the men's section where they had the 3DS's stacked and found one. Only two left when I grabbed it. Pretty excited.

nasos_333

It is 250 euro in Europe :(

I really wanted to get a European 3DS too now that i moved back from US, but seems i am stuck with my US device

Which is not that bad, since i can still buy games easilly online and US store works fine

But getting the new Zelda 3DS and the game boxed was a really appealing idea, if the cost was 150 euro would be a blast

US gets such amazing deals

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It is 250 euro in Europe :(

I really wanted to get a European 3DS too now that i moved back from US, but seems i am stuck with my US device

Which is not that bad, since i can still buy games easilly online and US store works fine

But getting the new Zelda 3DS and the game boxed was a really appealing idea, if the cost was 150 euro would be a blast

US gets such amazing deals
Where do you live? The regular price is around 220 Euro here.

Wow, I got one.

So crazy I went to my closest Target and they said they had one but the guy looked everywhere and couldn't find it so we assumed it had been sold. He suggested two other stores that had it listed as in stock but same story at both of those. Was discouraged and heading home but thought $50 of an XL is a good deal, I'll just get a regular one. Walked to the electronics section in the first store and saw the Zelda bundle in the cabinet and bought it. They had found it in the back while I was at the other stores!
Nice!

I'm living vicariously through you guys and your neat success stories :)

BigDug13

I bit the bullet on the 3DS XL black with separate Zelda game for $190 deal on target.com.

I don't want to fight crowds, and honestly I like my portable stuff to be in black. $190 is still a good deal, and since I can probably resell my black OG 3DS for nearly $150 on Amazon (that's how much listings are for good condition OG 3DS), it's a nice system upgrade overall for just a bit over the price of the Zelda game on its own once it's all said and done.

Kintaco

I should have gone to Target earlier instead of spending time with family and friends. Three Targets and no Zelda 3DS XL :(

BigDug13

Hi if you're the guy I saw at 4 different Targets who wanted to play the new Ace Attorney.

Who me? No, I didn't even attempt to enter a Target store tonight. I just saw that a deal that was "not quite as good" as the in-store Zelda bundle was available online so I went for it.

Kintaco

Oh yeah that Target inventory site is BS. Quite a few Targets show the Zelda bubble in stock but they were in fact sold out.

sc101

Any US gaffer that got extras want to not scalp me on one? I'm stuck at the girlfriend's parents with everything sold it within a 40 mile radius. PM please!!!

Hell to the fucking yes, finally a jackpot!

Went to local target completely thinking it was sold out, but the employee said there was one left and asked me if I was the one who called and put a hold for it. I answered yes and while we were finalizing a transaction, a guy showed up asking for the zelda bundle that he placed on hold. I got out as fast as I can before no one can notice.

To that guy, if you are a gaffer, better luck next time...

Went to local target completely thinking it was sold out, but the employee said there was one left and asked me if I was the one who called and put a hold for it. I answered yes and while we were finalizing a transaction, a guy showed up asking for the zelda bundle that he placed on hold. I got out as fast as I can before no one can notice.

Oh god this is the best story.

SmokeMaxX

Any US gaffer that got extras want to not scalp me on one? I'm stuck at the girlfriend's parents with everything sold it within a 40 mile radius. PM please!!!
You can try the B/S/T thread.

...lol...

cicero

You are a real classy guy. Coming here to brag about it while shoving it in the face of some fellow forum member who could potentially have been the one affected was an especially touching move.

This is not the type of thing you brag about. It's not okay to do so.

Grym

lol...asshole move!!

...but winner!!!!!

also...I highly doubt anyone is actually doing product holds on Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

That is messed up

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...0-at-target-on-black-friday-1128-1130/page-32

"I'm fucking furious right now.

Ok, so I called my local target and asked if they had one. They said they had only one in stock and I asked them to put it on hold for me. They said yes. I go to the target and asked for the bundle, but the employee was confused and told me that he sold to some douchebag who claimed he was me and they sold him the last bundle.

Fuck the luck."

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...0-at-target-on-black-friday-1128-1130/page-32

Ok, so I called my local target and asked if they had one. They said they had only one in stock and I asked them to put it on hold for me. They said yes. I go to the target and asked for the bundle, but the employee was confused and told me that he sold to some douchebag who claimed he was me and they sold him the last bundle.

Fuck the luck."

Wow...

It's ok GAF, you can find one for scalping prices, or in a few months one that a soccer mom traded into Gamestop after her kid vomited all over it.

diaspora

Fuck the luck."

omg

CRA5H

tumblr_mpseei8tFg1r1thdeo1_250.gif

Top Bottom