• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL + Zelda: ALBW bundle = $150 at Target on Nov 28-30th [@AskTarget Says Yes]

Got mine no problem. Showed up 5 minutes before store open. I saw a few people going for the 3DS XLs, but they weren't grabbing the Zelda bundles. They probably didn't realize they were $150 as well.

Got mine, people were kinda just standing around wondering if they were on sale too. Someone checked if they were and they were gone like 10 seconds later.

I bet the casuals were astounded when they went to get a regular 3DS XL for $150, then found out the Zelda bundle was included in the sale. Bonus!

Finally got it! 4th Target. There's 3 Zelda 3DS XLs left in the Target in Lindbergh in Atlanta if anybody still needs one. Guy went in back and took 4 out :)

mcfrank

I might have gotten carried away.

1451352_10152019390564798_1797762503_n.jpg

The Zelda Wii U rang up for $249, which I believe is a mistake (correct me if I am wrong)

Kokonoe

Banned
Over 40 minutes in line in the cold while sick and it's all sold out. Just my luck.

Looks like I'll be paying full price sadly.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
hmm so i guess i have to buy this now.

delivered :D

my story i get to target at 8pm, line wrapped around to the back of the target lost hope. just went in anyways after 10minutes and ~200 people already entered, target is SLAMMED. Get to the electronics section just a sea of people, get to where they hold the 3DS consoles people standing there in front of the cabinet just staring at it. i just open it and grab one then everyone proceeds to do the same after me LOLOL.

FrOPdAE.jpg

Over 40 minutes in line in the cold while sick and it's all sold out. Just my luck.

Looks like I'll be paying full price sadly.

Ouch! Try another Target before resorting to it. I was 70th'ish in line, waited an hour, and was the 1st to touch the Zelda one. The other ones were on the move. One kid tried to warn me so I gave him some sound advice:

"Here, take this one too. If it doesn't ring up at $150, buy the one in your hand instead."

Kokonoe

Banned
Some punk walked out with the last 3 units right after I got there. Punk.

That would have pissed me off so much. Sorry to hear that.

Ouch! Try another Target before resorting to it. I was 70th'ish in line, waited an hour, and was the 1st to touch the Zelda one. The other ones were on the move. One kid tried to warn me so I gave him some sound advice:

"Here, take this one too. If it doesn't ring up at $150, buy the one in your hand instead."

I've pretty much given up all hope, but I'll go ahead and try in the morning I suppose. I sold my Pokemon Y Edition 3DS XL just for this deal so I'm bummed.

Got what looked to be the last one at my store. A ton of people were there just for the bundle. The employee almost got ran over when he brought them out to the floor.

Stoked I got one but NEVER doing that again. Ever.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Another great deal...
Shin Megami Tensei IV is $29.99 (40% off) in the eShop. till Dec 2. Amazon also has it at that price.

Get the last one (Zelda 3DS XL) at my Target, it had a price under that said $220, so I assume that's why no one bought it lol

Same at my location. There were two left when I go to the electronics section around 8:10, and one guy looked at the Zelda XL and was disappointed that it wasn't included in the $149 deal. I heard his comment and said "Hey there are 2 left, hand me one of them and I'll price scan it just to make sure its not $149. I come back to tell him the good news and we both walk away happy customers with our Zelda XL's.

Here's something interesting about my buying tendency which I'm sure is shared. I went in the store not knowing whether or not I would buy a Zelda XL even if it was $149.99. But once I got the last one in my hands, I felt a sense of accomplishment. All I did was buy something at a 30% discount, but it felt so much more satisfying. So of course at that point I had to buy it.

Kadin

To those that are getting Walmart to price match it, how are you having them verify the price? It's not in print anywhere so I'm not sure what to tell them. Pretty sure they won't be willing to jump on the phone and call them so... suggestions?

thefit

While everyone was scrambling for the regular xl's I headed to the gaming section found an employee and asked him about the zelda bundle and he told me they had them in the back but he couldn't find them a couple of other gamers overheard me and suddenly evryone who had started to walk away bummed thinking they missed out on the bundle made their way back, guy returns with boxes of zelda bundles and I get mine and done.

mcfrank

I had the last one in my hand and some lady tried to convince me they were not on sale so that I would put mine down. I just laughed at her.

Rizific

Got one! I arrived at 8:10 and dropped my friend off at the entrance while I looked for parking to look for one. After watching me with a sad face while looking at the 3ds case with no zelda editions, I calmly say that I'll settle for a blue one. To which he replies, "how much would you pay me for this gold one?" first black Friday a success.

On a side note, I'm over here at kohl's and they have the paper Mario 3ds for $150. Not xl, but something.

KScorp

Semi off topic, should I get screen protectors? I heard that the bottom screen will scratch the top screen while the system is closed, does the XL have this problem too?

Mononoke

Banned
Got to love paying $140 more tomorrow at all the stores that have plenty in stock. Getting one for me and my bro. The target I went too was stripped clean.

Cloudy

Banned
No fucking way. What an ecosystem you are about to enter!!!

I kind of want a black one though and I might not have grabbed this if my other options weren't pink and purple. The free game is cool too but I don't like top-down platformers...

Lazyslob

Banned
I probably wont be able to pick up the Zelda bundle.... the next best thing is Best Buy is selling the Luigi's Mansion bundle for the same price. Is the XL superior in every way to the original 3ds?

thefit

I probably wont be able to pick up the Zelda bundle.... the next best thing is Best Buy is selling the Luigi's Mansion bundle for the same price. Is the XL superior in every way to the original 3ds?

Its a bigger screen but I've heard the 3d is worst on it not that I use that feature much anyway.

Cheska

If any of you are in the Bay Area, don't waste your time at the Antioch Target. Zero left, though they did have a few red and pinks left. Was hoping to snag one for my fiance but it sounds like they were wiped clean early on :(

Hero

Walked into Target two hours after they opened up. All their 3DSes were sold out except for the Zelda, probably because it didn't have a sale thing on the shelf for it but it rang up for 150.

Also managed to snag the last 16GB iPad Air somehow. Lol.

oxidax

damn i hate going into stores on black friday. I wish i could find this deal online somewhere. I guess im gonna have to get out there tomorrow :(

Kitoro

My friend found 10 Zelda XL's just sitting in the open glass display case. They rang up for $129.99, but he only bought one. Crazy that he got his for so cheap, though! I wonder how that particular Target slipped up?

Mii

Banned
Well, it looks like I'm settling with my $150 black 3DSXL. Doesn't seem like there will be an online Zeruda Bunduru.

With that said, what are the best deals available in the next few days to get:

1) Zelda: LBW
2) Super Mario 3D Land
3) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Or will I simply not find deals on these? If not, how about across these:

OOT 3D
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokemon Y
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bravely Default

Top Bottom