• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL + Zelda: ALBW bundle = $150 at Target on Nov 28-30th [@AskTarget Says Yes]

Went to the store, they were out, decided to try and ask anyways, turns out an employee had hoarded 12 in the back.

I bought 3, told my boss, told me I should've bought all 12 with the company card.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Kadin

Someone posted the Inventory Checker earlier and it seems to be working real-time. I checked my area about 30mins ago and now about 5 stores are showing out when they were in-stock earlier.

Might be good to use but no guarantees obviously.

Someone posted the Inventory Checker earlier and it seems to be working real-time. I checked my area about 30mins ago and now about 5 stores are showing out when they were in-stock earlier.

every store in my area (Boston) except 1 showing in stock.
Hope its accurate and my girl can snag me one.

If not my utter disappointment is on your hands

suffah

Does maths and stuff

Damnit, wife only wanted to stop at one store on the drive home. Inventory tracker shows I picked the wrong store. In bed already....will try early tomorrow.

xillyriax

I've never had any luck with the Target inventory checker. On multiple occasions, the checker says the store has thing in stock yet when I go there are none to be found. Even getting the associate to use their gun yields zero.

Two store are showing In-Stock, yet had none when I went.

Kadin

I've suddenly realized I will either make a few friends by posting that above... or a TON of enemies. I really hope it's the former... :p

With my experience tonight... I'd say that thing is not to be trusted. 2 of the stores it listed as in stock (and still lists as in stock I might add) did not have any... The third store, which I bought the last one in the case, it still lists as in stock. It is possible however they're hiding a few in the back I suppose.

I went to target not looking for a 3ds but I saw it was the last one and I had to get it. I still have my original 3ds with the ambassador games. Hopefully the xl is a big big improvement.

sappyday

I got it. Last one too apparently. A couple of dudes around me kept asking where did I get it and of there were anymore. Sorta felt bad.

I think I just pulled a pretty big goof on the system transfer thing guys. I'm a total noob to the whole transfer thing so when I got home, I excitedly DLed LBW via the included voucher to check it out on my new XL before performing a system transfer.

Half an hour later, I decide that I wanna check out AA5 on the huge new screen so I check out the system transfer option and now it's telling me that it'll overwrite all the data on my XL? I got an ambassador system so I want all that content on the XL but will transferring that account wipe out my LBW game which wasn't DLed under my ambassador account and thus, isn't tied to it :/

At the bottom of a pile of regular 3ds xls there I found the last Zelda bundle. Man it felt good especially when there was a guy who came right after me looking for the same thing.

Orpheus

Neo Member
My Target had everyone stand in a line to get ipads, 3DS's, and TVs. It was a madhouse, but I walked away with one, so it was all worth it.

Now to find some great deals on games.

No Love

Banned
Can someone pick up an extra Zelda 3DS bundle in case my Targets are all sold out and ship it to me? Much appreciated. :)

I was able to get the Zelda 3DS XL at Target tonight! also picked up a new 40 inch TV! First time I actually get what I want with the Black Friday sales.

I would so get this if I didn't already have a 3DS (I hate the color though (red)). Guess if I can't a Zelda themed 3DS anymore next year, I'll settle for Black.

Trouble

Banned
Swung by a Target on my way home from Thanksgiving dinner with friends. No Zelda bundles in stock, I didn't even ask about prices.

Piscus

Grabbed the Zelda 3DS XL from my Target tonight as well. $150 is a freaking sick deal.

^ Sure does. Transfers your ambassador EVERYTHING.

Trouble

Banned
Whelp, if I'm awake in ~3 hours I'll call around and see see if any local Targets have one. I'm pretty well assuming at this point that its a lost cause, though, so I'll probably just go to bed.

KidOmega

I scored a bundle and not only that for some reason she scanned another 20% off coupon and I got my bundle for a total of $129.96. I'm a happy guy.

y2dvd

Did y'all wait in line? I strolled in around 8:05 and asked for the bundle. He said all 3DS was sold out but 2DS was available. I want that XL damnit!

Did y'all wait in line? I strolled in around 8:05 and asked for the bundle. He said all 3DS was sold out but 2DS was available. I want that XL damnit!
They had a line for Electronics at my Target. I went there about 10-15 minutes before the store opened.

Nester

Wow, used that tracker and found a bunch in my area said they still had them in stock. Went to the one downtown Minneapolis hoping they just weren't in the hands of someone standing in some ungodly long line waiting to be checked out.

Compared to the Target I checked around 9pm tonight on my drive home, this Target was empty of people for the most part, and they had one Zelda system left! 1:30 in the morning and I'm super happy to be upgrading from my blue XL. Thanks for that link, I wouldn't have gone out checking again tonight!

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to get the last one at my store, kind of wished they had the Mario and Luigi one instead, but beggers can't be choosers. So over all I'm pretty happy. Plus my friend got an Xbone at a local Walmart, so pretty successful with the Black Friday shopping, it's just none of it was done on a Friday.

Esiquio

GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL. Used the Store Checker, now have two in mah hands!!!!

Now to see if it rings up at $150....

St Patt

Neo Member
Inventory checker was correct for me. Waltzed in at around 2:20 am and picked up the Zelda bundle for $150. No line, either.

So most targets are open all night? Or did I read this wrong?

Thanksgiving - We will be open from 8:00 PM on Thurs 11/28/13 until 11:00 PM on Fri 11/29/13.

Should I do it?

KScorp

So most targets are open all night? Or did I read this wrong?

Thanksgiving - We will be open from 8:00 PM on Thurs 11/28/13 until 11:00 PM on Fri 11/29/13.

Should I do it?

Yes, they will be open all night.

I suggest calling to ask if they have any in stock, inventory checker is not reliable.

weevles

I might just wait until tomorrow morning. If it's still in stock, I'll get one. If not, easy come easy go. Already got a blue XL.

Target employee checking in here

Good to see you guys all got your bundles! And at a great price!

Just finished the first part of my Black Friday shift. Took four and a half hours to get through our line.

Stencil

I waltzed into my Target on a whim after t-giving shite; asked an employee in electronics straight away for 2 Zelda XLs, walked to the front of the store, paid and got in my car. All in all it took less than 20 minutes. I was amazed. There were so many 3DSs... At least 3 Zelda XLs after I got my two, even.

Now the problem is deciding if I want to sell both and keep my 2DS I got last week, or sell just one along with my 2DS... I hate how the buttons on the XL are clicky, wtf.

Top Bottom