• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMC's Preacher adaptation ordered to series; premieres Sunday, May 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
UP5ybUl.jpg

Not bad but wish it looked less like horribly chapped lips and more like he failed to kill himself with a shotgun.

HStallion

I have not read my TPBs for so long. I forgot that's how he came to be. At the very least he wasn't renamed vaginaface.

I'm waiting to hear what he sounds like since a big part of the comic is that he is barely comprehensible in most situations because of his destroyed face. It makes his turn as a rock star all the more hilarious.

B33

Banned
It's not as stylized and intricate as the test make-up for the canned Preacher film, but it's decent, especially for the budget of this season.

My main concern are the eyes and forehead. The left eye socket should be structurally damaged from the blast. Also, the frontal portion of his skull (forehead) should be disfigured.

The test makeup from the canned film project isn't right.

This feels more tangible than the test makeup, but I think they should have added a prosthetic to his left eye and the forehead to get it closer to the comic.

HStallion

I can't imagine a live action Preacher going all in with the craziness like the comic did.

The tone of the show should be interesting as the comic had a huge mean streak through out. I can't even imagine how they will handle Herr Starr.

I'm okay with Arse Face's looks. The make-up test looks just like the one from the comics, but with a bit of perspective, it looks more like a horror movie monster than a young teenager who had an 'accident'.

Khoryos

Isn't American tv generally a bit weird with blasphemy? I don't know if I'd be happy with a Cass that doesn't say "Jaysis!" A lot.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I just did some Googling and I see that not only has there been no news about a Saint of Killers casting, there is also nothing about Herr Starr. Yet there are new characters + Odin Quincannon (who appears much later) is cast.

I want this to be good but uh... it sure as fuck won't be too faithful huh? How in the hell can you make an adaptation without casting the main antagonist? :\

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just did some Googling and I see that not only has there been no news about a Saint of Killers casting, there is also nothing about Herr Starr. Yet there are new characters + Odin Quincannon (who appears much later) is cast.

I want this to be good but uh... it sure as fuck won't be too faithful huh? How in the hell can you make an adaptation without casting the main antagonist? :\

Season 2?

Yes. But it is weird not seeing Glenn Fabry art for a Preacher cover.

Neat!

Obscura

It's not as stylized and intricate as the test make-up for the canned Preacher film, but it's decent, especially for the budget of this season.

My main concern are the eyes and forehead. The left eye socket should be structurally damaged from the blast. Also, the frontal portion of his skull (forehead) should be disfigured.

The test makeup from the canned film project isn't right.

This feels more tangible than the test makeup, but I think they should have added a prosthetic to his left eye and the forehead to get it closer to the comic.

The make up test was made for the HBO pilot that didn't happen.

Unless I don't understand what you mean, I completely disagree with the test not looking right. It was as very accurate. The AMC version looks like a guy who had plastic surgery to make his mouth look like an asshole. Shiny skin and all. Very curious to see how they handle him speaking.

Despite my reservations about the adaptation it's pretty exciting knowing the wait is almost over. It's been a long wait for this.

HStallion

That poster is pretty damn cool but please please please be a good series. Everything so far has been pretty... bleh to me but I'm holding out hope this is earlier season of Game of Thrones and not the later ones.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That poster is pretty damn cool but please please please be a good series. Everything so far has been pretty... bleh to me but I'm holding out hope this is earlier season of Game of Thrones and not the later ones.

All of the reviews thus far have been positive.

I don't know if you have ever seen a movie or tv show with Joseph Gilgun in it, but he pretty much makes anything must watch for me.

Wow they went with a completely different Tulip. There was a shitstorm Facebook post a few weeks ago. People including me bitching about Cassidy and no glasses and whatever. But there was someone affiliated with the show saying that Saint will be there. They were also asking about Genysis and heaven and hell stuff and it said some of that is there. I just cant see then pulling off some of the more blasphemous stuff like killing the
inbred relatives of Jaysis
ha

Here it is. Good luck wading through this muck
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=236006926769858&id=100010816574125

HStallion

All of the reviews thus far have been positive.

I don't know if you have ever seen a movie or tv show with Joseph Gilgun in it, but he pretty much makes anything must watch for me.

I realize the early reviews are good and that's fine but it wouldn't be the first time I've heavily disagreed with what reviewers loved. I guess its doubly so since I really loved the original Preacher comics so I'm probably too close to the source material to judge it neutrally but there have just been so many arbitrary choices that make no sense that I'm not exactly enthused despite early reviews. That and Rogan and crew haven't exactly instilled much faith in me and even someone doesn't like Gilgun doesn't mean much to me. Wouldn't be the first time I've had a well loved person in a piece of shit.

Haven't been keeping with this series. I remember hearing that they are heavily downplaying the religious elements, hope thats not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom