• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus JP puts up Persona related teaser site counting down to November 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd actually be ok with 3DS and they already released SMTIV on it so I don't think that's too much of a stretch. And I honestly don't think I'd mind it being on Wii U either. I'd just about die if it were Xbone exclusive though.

I completely agree. Wii U Persona would be pretty cool, I could see it happening.

CrazyDude

Just make it cross gen, everyone is happy.

PS3 and Xbone are my worst case scenarios right now since I just sold my PS3 and I'm never touching that piece of shit.

It will probably come out on ps3 and 360. It won't be ps4, I am pretty sure of that as well. I mean Persona 3 came out in 2006 and Persona 4 came out 2008 for the ps2.

LuuKyK

I actually fully expect that to be the case based on comments from mods in previous threads.

scared.gif
scared.gif
scared.gif

Please don't do this.

KoopaTheCasual

Why does anyone think Persona 5 would come out on 3DS? Hasn't Persona never been on a Nintendo platform? They generally give Shin Megami Tensei (main) games to Nintendo and Persona games to Sony.

I would be pretty shocked if Persona 5 came to 3DS. It's gonna be a PS3/Vita title.

CrazyDude

Why does anyone think Persona 5 would come out on 3DS? Hasn't Persona never been on a Nintendo platform? They generally give Shin Megami Tensei (main) games to Nintendo and Persona games to Sony.

I would be pretty shocked if Persona 5 came to 3DS. It's gonna be a PS3/Vita title.

It won't be for 3DS. The developers talked about making Catherine to help them get adjusted to making a Person game on the hd consoles. I don't see why they would suddenly switch to 3DS all of a sudden.

It won't be a Vita title, at least not for a number of years. It will be 360 and PS3, mark my words.

EMT0

Banned
You guys have to be trolling me. You have to be. First it was Persona 5 3DS, now it's Persona 5 Xbox exclusivity.

You're all terrible.

Dr. Buni

Nocturne was released for the PS2, yet SMT IV was released for the 3DS. Devil Summoner was released for the PSone and Saturn, but the "remake" was released for the 3DS. I'd say there is no such thing as "They generally give the main games to Nintendo and Persona games to Sony". I do agree that it is more likely to come for the PS3, but it being a 3DS title is entirely possible. We're talking about Atlus here. I would be more shocked if Persona 5 came for the Vita.

(Catherine being a PS3 title means little imo. Wasn't it a "test game"? We don't know if the outcome was satisfying enough for Atlus to make a HD Persona game). Edit again: I am not against Persona 5 being a PS3 title, just for the sake of clarifying :p

IIRC, they were saying that it would be on an unexpected platform or something like that.

But even then, I didn't think of Xbone (exclusively at least). That would be terrible.
They were talking about PS4 but things changed according to Aeana. I'm guess PS3, but a PS3/PS4 thing like Yakuza is very possible.

Jesus, chill, guys.
Considering that announcement was mentioned in a recent PS blog interview, there's little reason to believe it won't come to a Playstation console. Exclusivity is anyone's guess at this point though.

Nocturne was released for the PS2, yet SMT IV was released for the 3DS. Devil Summoner was released for the PSone and Saturn, but the "remake" was released for the 3DS. I'd say there is no such thing as "They generally give the main games to Nintendo and Persona games to Sony". I do agree that it is more likely to come for the PS3, but it being a 3DS title is entirely possible. We're talking about Atlus here. I would be more shocked if Persona 5 came for the Vita.

(Catherine being a PS3 title means little imo. Wasn't it a "test game"? We don't know if the outcome was satisfying enough for Atlus to make a HD Persona game)

Nocturne is the only original mainline SMT on a non nintendo system, if gamecube and n64 wern't garbage for third parties, they probably would have gotten one. Even OG box got a SMT game.

I do agree that it is more likely to come for the PS3, but it being a 3DS title is entirely possible. We're talking about Atlus here. I would be more shocked if Persona 5 came for the Vita.

I wouldn't, seeing as the Vita version of Persona 4 has outsold every SMT title that's been released on 3DS to date.

Moot point though, it'll be on PS3. Xbox 360 also perhaps. If there's a Vita version it'll be later.

Dr. Buni

Nocturne is the only original mainline SMT on a non nintendo system, if gamecube and n64 wern't garbage for third parties, they probably would have gotten one. Even OG box got a SMT game.
Sure, but that doesn't invalidate my point.

Anyway, I would be pretty shocked (and disappointed) if Persona 5 is a next gen exclusive. It would be The Last Guardian all over again :/ Don't do this to me, Atlus.

killatopak

Didn't Atlus isuse a statement saying that they know where their fans are, and that they won't be disappointed? If it's next gen exclusive, it'll probably be a PS4 title. There's nothing hinting at incoming disappointment.

Would be nice if they catered to every fan. An all out release on every platform would be godly. No exclusivity please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom