• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus JP puts up Persona related teaser site counting down to November 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I dunno why people are freaking out. They're going to announce Persona 5 on Sunday. That doesn't mean it's the only thing they're going to announce. :p

Lusankya

I don't know what they're going to announce on sunday but I don't see the point in having such a teaser site for stuff like a Persona concert or P4U2.

duckroll

I don't know what they're going to announce on sunday but I don't see the point in having such a teaser site for stuff like a Persona concert or P4U2.

We've known from the start that they're announcing various Persona things on that day, and the site is a Persona portal site of sorts. People acting like it's only supposed to be one announcement are being silly. :p

WHO DO I BELIEVE
tumblr_mvynnnMevU1qzx99yo1_400.gif

Jucksalbe

Banned
I dunno why people are freaking out. They're going to announce Persona 5 on Sunday. That doesn't mean it's the only thing they're going to announce. :p

I thought there would be multiple announcements, but then all those boxes turned Teddy.
The announcement is not that far off anyway, so I might as well just wait until Sunday to see what they have.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
We've known from the start that they're announcing various Persona things on that day, and the site is a Persona portal site of sorts. People acting like it's only supposed to be one announcement are being silly. :p

3 boxes for three different things maybe? P5, P4U2 and... a third thing? That would explain the cities and still allow for re-hype I guess.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
You guys realize that Teddie has become the default mascot for both the Persona series as a whole and the Persona development team, right?

I thought there would be multiple announcements, but then all those boxes turned Teddy.

Just figured three boxes for the three new P4A2 characters, a console date and we are done.

Teddy popping up seems to support that especially with the "shadow character outline first". But who knows.

FluxWaveZ

Just figured three boxes for the three new P4A2 characters, a console date and we are done.

Teddy popping up seems to support that. But who knows.

But then why did that require its own website and why couldn't they use any of the two other existing P4A2 websites? Why is there no ASW logo on the teaser website?

And would character reveals and a console release date (which would be unlikely before the arcade release) really need their own dedicated website? Those are what make me think otherwise.

But then why did that require its own website and why couldn't they use any of the two other existing P4A2 websites? Why is there no ASW logo on the teaser website?

And would character reveals and a console release date (which would be unlikely before the arcade release) really need its own dedicated website? Those are what make me think otherwise.

Yeah why not? The ASW logo would have been a dead giveaway and they probably spent all of 10 minutes knocking it up.

It wouldn't be the worst use of a countdown timer and website in the past few years. In fact it would probably still make the top 5.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah why not? The ASW logo would have been a dead giveaway and they probably spent all of 10 minutes knocking it up.

It wouldn't be the worst use of a countdown timer and website in the past few years. In fact it would probably still make the top 5.

I see, so they would have deliberately hidden the ASW logo to make people not automatically think that it concerns P4A2.

But then what would be the point of teasing all of that so secretly? You're right, if that's what it would turn out to be, it would be one of the worst countdown teasers in recent memory.

Edit: Wait, read your second statement wrong. I'd actually say this would be pretty bad, since all of that build-up would be for P4A2 info that could have been teased through other, more conventional means.

Edit: Wait, read your second statement wrong. I'd actually say this would be pretty bad, since all of that build-up would be for P4A2 info that could have been teased through other, more conventional means.

Oh I agree it'd be bad...but we have had much, much worse.

404658.png

Tamanon

Banned
Teddie is involved with a lot of their marketing to begin with, he even advertised the p-ch.jp site on the p-atlus.jp site to begin with. Don't give up hope.

Pooya

I'm sure Kuma being there has nothing to do with Persona 5 and the game is completely unrelated to 4 and its characters, confident confident... please no :((( enough milking, make new shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom