• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus JP puts up Persona related teaser site counting down to November 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind the 3DS. Make it an Xbox one exclusive. Would be glorious!

People always say things like this, but you might want to consider what type of damage a move like that could do to a niche series like Persona instead of just thinking of the immediate internet reaction to it happening. It isn't FF where it's going to find its userbase no matter what.

Parsnip

You guys are all crazy for freaking out so much.

It's obviously Persona 5: Total War, developed by Creative Assembly with help from the Persona team, PC exclusive. Out in 2015.

Foffy

Banned
You guys are all crazy for freaking out so much.

It's obviously Persona 5: Total War, developed by Creative Assembly with help from the Persona team, PC exclusive. Out in 2015.

Is Gearbox in charge of the console ports? Sega can help them fund Borderlands 3. ;3

BLCKATK

So I'm probably really LTTP on this, but clicking the boxes reveals pictures of Teddie?

Probably not going to be Persona 5 then... ;_;

Roubjon

If this is some other Persona 4 offshoot I'm going to be so disappointed. I know I'm an outlier here, but I really don't care at all about P4's characters except for Kanji.

Bullza2o

Since Persona 4 seems to have the most popular characters in the series, I'm not surprised if they continue their story for Persona 5. Hoping it will be as good as ALBW to ALTTP, something like that.

Sami+

Persona 4's my favorite game of all time, but I've already beaten a full three times and started enough unfinished playthrough total a fourth. I really don't need another spin-off.

EMT0

Banned
yes a teddie mascot platformer at long last

I would buy that. But that aside; guys, it's Persona 5. Atlus is TROLLING us with Teddie popping up, he's their mascot second only to Jack Frost nowadays. You people need to search deeper within yourselves. You know that it is the truth.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Why would you say that?

Persona 4 was revealed by Famitsu, but I don't remember if it had a teaser ad the week before it was revealed by the mag.

Usually famitsu gets the big scoops on JPN titles a week in advance it's actually officially revealed.

Coxy

Persona 4 was revealed by Famitsu, but I don't remember if it had a teaser ad the week before it was revealed by the mag.

Usually famitsu gets the big scoops on JPN titles a week in advance it's actually officially revealed.

There was a teaser with a url to a teaser site before they announced P4

Dinda

Putting Teddy up there is a troll i think.

But if they really continue a Persona Storyline then please Persona 3 and not 4.
And with Mitsuru as the Main Character...hmmmm

Meia

There was a teaser with a url to a teaser site before they announced P4

Yes, but it was also supposed to be a Famitsu exclusive reveal all along. This isn't, in any way, shape, or form. I can't imagine it being leaked tonight, a few days before the reveal. What would be the point when we'll find out in a few days anyway?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
buddha, from across the room looking at the monitor your avatar looks like a badly drawn female reproductive system. I'm offended!

Brando

Neo Member
Now when you click the boxes Teddy shows up? This is Square Enix's "The World Ends With You" countdown all over again.

Ogawa-san

Teddie showing up makes me less optimistic about a P5 announcement...

But at least it's something to do with Persona. P4AU for consoles (they haven't announced yet but it's a given) or P4G+ for PS4.

Fuck you.

But seriously, what is this shit I'm seeing? Atlus, you're scaring me. Don't do this.

I can see it now...

Persona 4: The After Years. Takes place 100 years in the future, everyone from P4 is dead except Teddie. You play as Teddie and his family of teddies fighting alongside Sonic to battle Dr. Robotnick and his army who have stolen the world's supply of topsicles. There will be 7 bathhouse scenes and it will be released on the Game Gear and Android. iOS will get the "golden" version in a few years.

pirata

This is going to be something other than P5, isn't it? Good God. I don't think I can take this. They've been teasing the game for years and years now. At one point, I thought they were going to release it in 2012...at the very latest (I thought they had at least a small team working on it on the side while Catherine was finishing up, but I guess not). It's kind of funny how there's as much of a time gap between P4 and P5 as there was between P2 and P3.

EDIT: If you line up three identical Teddies like a slot machine, the whole thing shakes and resets. Could just be a joke? I don't know. I just want this roller coaster ride to nowhere to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom