• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Fuck that. That's a stupid idea. Why do only stupid ideas get made when there are actual needs that the pet community has that go unanswered?

All my dog has wanted these past few years is to be able to eat dinner in front of the tele. BUT WHERE IS THE DOGGIE STABLE TABLE, WORLD?!?! WHERE? MY DOG HAS TO EAT ALONE IN THE DINING ROOM!!!

I've had enough of this world, quite frankly.

Totally did not realise the the last story is coming out so soon.

1. Where are people getting it from?
2. Should i get wii classic controllers to play it?

Thanks

Looked for it the other day vook! couldn't find it. can u link me, is it on your site?

advice would be appreciated too

Here. I had to search with my browser but it's there down the bottomish of the front page.

I realised last night that music I mentioned in my entry doesn't actually play when I said it does. What I get for going off names of things and not actually checking I guess. Not like it was good anyway.

Ahhhh there's a tweetbot tweeting my own posts at me

who's done this

what's going on

I made a thing that Tweets updates to this thread.

Yo dawg...
small_meta%2Bdog.jpg

legend166

Guys.

Guys.

Guess what?

Fox Footy is back.

FOX FOOTY IS BACK.

Even the presence of Eddie McGuire and Dermie on the network can't ruin this glorious day.

Now we just need to find a way to bring Clinton Grybas back to life.

:(

Guys.

Guys.

Guess what?

Fox Footy is back.

FOX FOOTY IS BACK.

Even the presence of Eddie McGuire and Dermie on the network can't ruin this glorious day.

Wow. Completely forgot about that little factoid. Damn.

Choc

Banned
cricinfo is gold

4.50 pm The covers remain plastered over the central playing area of the SCG. The rain's light, but it's refusing to go away, a bit like Matthew Hayden. The wait continues.

codswallop!

You left me out of the bloody AusGAF Twitter list!!!
Whoops! Sorry about that. Just tried to add you and am getting "There was an error updating the list". I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Same here!
Your account wasn't listed on the first page of this thread and I didn't see it within the thread. Happy to add you (I know the account since you already added @AusGAF) if you like.

If anyone else wants to be added (or removed), just let me know. List is here.

Hey AusGaf.
So I finally decided to send my 3DS in to get fixed.
I filled out all the forms and went to Australia Post.
Australia Post then kindly informed me that I wouldn't be able to send the shipment by Airmail as the Lithium Battery inside of it was considered dangerous.
I was fine with that and was prepared to send it by road.
They then informed me to send it by road I had to remove the Lithium Battery from the 3DS and package it safely.

So my question is, can I remove the battery from my 3DS without voiding warranty? I hope so because otherwise it is a long walk from here to Victoria.

Choc

Banned
Hey AusGaf.
So I finally decided to send my 3DS in to get fixed.
I filled out all the forms and went to Australia Post.
Australia Post then kindly informed me that I wouldn't be able to send the shipment by Airmail as the Lithium Battery inside of it was considered dangerous.
I was fine with that and was prepared to send it by road.
They then informed me to send it by road I had to remove the Lithium Battery from the 3DS and package it safely.

So my question is, can I remove the battery from my 3DS without voiding warranty? I hope so because otherwise it is a long walk from here to Victoria.

thats incorrect. its actually AGAINST au post rules to remove it.

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/customer-guidelines-for-lithium-batteries.pdf

How do I package equipment containing a lithium battery so that it is safe to send?
To package the equipment:
• Do not remove the battery from the item you are sending

and for those of you wondering why this stupid policy exists. In the US 2 years ago a lithium battery caught fire on a plane in the cargo hold. So Postal Services world wide went all crazy

But all the couriers can take them as is and on flights

and you take phones with you on planes in the cabin.....

oipic

Gee, he was good, not to mention thoroughly likeable. He is sorely missed. :(

Man, I'm finally going to have to swallow my pride and get Foxtel, aren't it? Freakin' ~$60/month, right? Sacrifices will need to be made.

No NAB Cup on the (free-to-air) telly is really ramming home this point, sadly.

thats incorrect. its actually AGAINST au post rules to remove it.

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/customer-guidelines-for-lithium-batteries.pdf

How do I package equipment containing a lithium battery so that it is safe to send?
To package the equipment:
• Do not remove the battery from the item you are sending

and for those of you wondering why this stupid policy exists. In the US 2 years ago a lithium battery caught fire on a plane in the cargo hold. So Postal Services world wide went all crazy

But all the couriers can take them as is and on flights

and you take phones with you on planes in the cabin.....

Interesting. Thanks for that Choc.
I'll probably just try another post office and see what they say.

Clipper

I'm just glad that Aus Post didn't force me to remove my battery, given I had to send it to the US and all. If I had to deal with that in addition to them deactivating my Club Nintendo account, I don't know how I'd cope.

I just hope now that they don't end up returning it to me with my eShop account disabled too...

AFL Records a loss

I shed a tear. A manly droplet of salty water.
Massive expansion of the business will give you a short term loss. Fuckers will be rolling around in cash in no time though.

More importantly, I can't believe there's no free-to-air coverage of the NAB Cup footy this weekend. Our constitution is clearly broken.
SMH Why didn't I think of that?

oh for fuck's sake...

now Mitch Marsh has a fucked up back...

can't remember Geoff having this many injuries....must be Mum's fault!!!
Seems all the young players are getting injured a hell of a lot lately.

I BLAME THESE BASTARDS
asics_alife_01.jpg

LOOK AT THE EVIL GLINT IN THEIR EYE

Rezbit

This is kind of hilarious (an ad for a WA uni):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Am7oKBD3PU

Takes an unexpected turn at the end.

Wow haha! Really bizarre.

Guys.

Guys.

Guess what?

Fox Footy is back.

FOX FOOTY IS BACK.

Clinton :(

Greatest commentator ever (also one of the greatest sporting moments ever hahah)

Oh, the Scooby Doo movie is on Go. All I really rememeber about it is Linda Cardellini being way too attractive-attractive and not the right kind of bookish-attractive to play Velma and the roller coaster at Movie World being pretty sweet.

Having not seen the movie I had to google her name to see what you were referring to. The auto fill / suggestion for google was... interesting.

Sywl1.jpg

I'm scared. But I must click.

Edit:
CT5Am.jpg

You are a strange world, world.

Truth be told, I'm actually more disgusted that there is a site called Hollywood Feets. For fuck's sake, internets!

She's hot. Hot enough that her feet don't matter. Whether she has them or not is not a deal breaker. Hooves would be fine, too.

Holy shit - she's the girl from Freaks and Geeks? Wow.

There was a Magic Dance quote/sample/reference/whatever in the music just now :lol

This movie wishes it had a quarter of the majesty of Bowie's bulge in the Labyrinth.

Agyar

Spread the word, this needs more airtime - good quality stuff, very high signal to noise ratio. Biggest problem is finding time to read it all (well, any of it, really).

You guys keep banging on about The Global Mail like independent news and analysis has never existed before. If you really cared, sites like Crikey and New Matilda have been around for a number of years. Of course you have to pay but Crikey is easily worth the $130 or whatever it is per year.

Kritz

Banned
How-to Guide for cake slices at coffee stores:

Look at little cake
Imagine how good it tastes
Don't buy it, walk away
Use saved $5 on something less disappointing, such as a bioware game.

Top Bottom