• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

legend166

They specifically said no more shows. Radiohead are massive knobs when it comes to Australia for some reason. They think flying over here will destroy the planet or something.

Thanks for the heads up, reptile.

IMG_20120228_115119.jpg

Ventron

I made it. You have the option of 1) having it tweet your posts and include your Twitter handle or 2) having have it tweet your posts but not include your Twitter handle or 3) not having it tweet your posts at all. The default is the first but I'm happy to change it for anyone who asks (either in the thread or via PM).

The point of including the Twitter handle (only for those who I know which links up to the GAF handle) was to try and bring GAF members on Twitter a bit closer for community etc etc. It's also a nice shortcut to your posts should you want to find one later. I can understand why some wouldn't want it though so have no problems changing it. Turnaround time can't be guaranteed but it shouldn't take long if I'm not already busy doing something else.

Also! If anyone wants to be added to the Twitter list @AusGAF/members (https://twitter.com/ausgaf/members), let me know. This is the easiest way to see what AusGAFers are up to on the Twitters -- you just subscribe to the list and you're following everyone!

Nah, it's fine. Might get me more followers and increase my epeen :p

Crap, Where did you get the batteries from? I should really get some of those.
Dick Smith had a sale on Eneloops for $20 for an 8-pack (they're usually $40, best I could find elsewhere in a quick look around was $35) on... I think Thursday? Reptile posted the link sometime in the middle of the day.

Nah, it's fine. Might get me more followers and increase my epeen :p
That's where it's at!

I find the best thing about the Twitter bot is that if there's a discussion I don't care about (e.g. the recent political talk), I can just scroll past it while checking my Twitter feed. If I find something interesting has been said I'll either click the link or go into Secondapps. Hopefully it doesn't lead to me being even less active here.

midonnay

Yeah.

Also, I refuse to camp outside a ticket shop.

was sick all day and totally forgot ....fuck >_<

but if its anything like afl finals tickets, its kinda pointless standing in line coz they are basically using a computer like online users and it is prone to borking too.

ps: nz only got 1 show :x

Shaneus

Thanks for the heads up, reptile.

IMG_20120228_115119.jpg
What's the story?

BTW I had tickets to go to a Radiohead concert once, but stupid Thom with his stupid crappy voice couldn't make it. Stupid crappy Thom.

Edit: Already answered. Nevermind.

With the tickets that went on sale today, is it not wise for me to try and pick up my New Order and Aphex Twin tickets? I'd be going to that "new" Ticketmaster super store thing on Flinders and Russell.

midonnay

that would be the melbourne show that was like 50 years ago?

apparently doctor said he could fuck up his voice permanently so the band decided that Australia was bad luck and haven't been back since.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I didn't realise you needed a good voice to moan out unrecognisable lyrics.

Holy, What's going on with that barcraft? Are you going to try create a meetup or are you just slack?

Rezbit

For any remotely popular concert they should just make people register their details, and then after a week randomly allocate tickets. If you get in, yay, if not, well I'm sure there are plenty of scalpers about.

markot

Banned
Also, I have a 64gb ssd, should I do that intel smart response thingy >.<?

Also as well 2, what about that lucrid virtu stuff? Worth going through that?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I didn't realise you needed a good voice to moan out unrecognisable lyrics.

Holy, What's going on with that barcraft? Are you going to try create a meetup or are you just slack?

Yeh I've been completely snowed under recently to even think about planning it, but I'm still keen. Can you post the infographic?

Mum ended up giving up on melb tickets and tried brisbane and got them instantly.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Also, I have a 64gb ssd, should I do that intel smart response thingy >.<?

Also as well 2, what about that lucrid virtu stuff? Worth going through that?

Is the 64GB SSD used as an OS? Then No. And I don't even think a standard SSD fits in the response section. You need something smaller.

Eh on the second one. Prob not worth your time.

Yeh I've been completely snowed under recently to even think about planning it, but I'm still keen. Can you post the infographic?

Mum ended up giving up on melb tickets and tried brisbane and got them instantly.

YBp0D.jpg

To clarify, is that watching GSL or playing starcraft, or both? Because any of those sound great. Stupid Melbourne, why are all your wonderful things so far away? ;.;

remz

To clarify, is that watching GSL or playing starcraft, or both? Because any of those sound great. Stupid Melbourne, why are all your wonderful things so far away? ;.;

Barcraft is generally just watching GSL. It's the finals though so yesssss

I'm going with a bud so I'll probs see you guys there if you're going.

Also: RE: Radiohead. I think there will be a way better shot at GA thurs morning. Or at least I hope so. If I can't get some I'll cry.

Raaaaage!

Let's just get this out of the way: I didn't even use the third disc. W. T. F.

My impressions of the game haven't changed since I posted my initial impressions. The driving is pointless, but given I can just rush from point A to point B without bothering to fight anyone, I mostly treated it as an annoying loading screen.

Not having any choice but to accept quests doesn't make any sense at all, and has been discussed a lot in reviews, but I still don't understand how they thought it was a good thing.

The finale crept up on me incredibly quickly, partly because I figured that the third disc was going to be, you know, content. There was no tension, no excitement, nothing to overcome (oh hey, there's these guys you've seen maybe twice in the past 10 hours, we hate them, so you have to go and destroy them). No interest.

I think that is the biggest problem with Rage. The technical side of it -- the graphics, sound, controls, the visceral shooting -- is excellent, but there's no reason for it to exist. I felt no compulsion to push forward, no interest in the vehicles, no excitement. By far the most interesting moments were
taking down the massive mutant with the rockets
and
pushing back the onslaught of mutants (and dual tentacle guys) in Grand Central
. Outside of those two moments, the whole game was pretty pedestrian.

Dare I say it, even COD has a more compelling narrative than Rage.

Clipper

While we talk about meeting up...

SydGAF Board Gamers... When will our next day be? Probably best if we keep it to Sundays. I can currently do any upcoming day. Which Sunday's are good for the rest of you? Also, anybody else interested in joining in that didn't express interest for the first?

Oh, if no one expresses any interest in hosting the AusGAF community edition of Rage (360) by Friday, I'll post it back to Gaz since there's no one after me in the spreadsheet. Thanks once again for loaning out your copy!

Oh, if no one expresses any interest in hosting the AusGAF community edition of Rage (360) by Friday, I'll post it back to Gaz since there's no one after me in the spreadsheet. Thanks once again for loaning out your copy!

Speaking of which, Fogz is done with my Infamous 2 and Killzone 3 if anyone is interested is getting their hands on them.

Jintor

Oh joy, looks like my Tuesday lectures are all digital despite them putting a session onto the timetable. Well, that's good for work at least...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sittingat thge sydney airport on no more than 8 hours sleep since saturday.

Eaten about 3 full meals since then too.

I'm pretty close to just passing out here on my bar stool ;_; hurry up plane

Ningo

So do Razer make crap mice? I've had my razer naga for less than a year and used it only on one of their gaming mats and the laser seems to be failing.

If I move the cursor right across the screen it will hitch about the centre of the screen for half a sec. I've tried different usb ports, updated firmware and drivers. Driving me insane.

I used to have an old microsoft $20 laser mouse that has gone strong for years and years, still works.

remz

So do Razer make crap mice? I've had my razer naga for less than a year and used it only on one of their gaming mats and the laser seems to be failing.
If I move the cursor right across the screen it will hitch about the centre of the screen for half a sec. I've tried different usb ports, updated firmware and drivers. Driving me insane.

yeah razer stuff sucks ass.

i have a roccat kone+. best mouse i ever used. I'll recommend it to anyone.

Top Bottom