• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Man, how do you avoid the friend zone. Becuase I sure get stuck in it an awful lot.

Flirt better, Small touches here and there along with body language. You also don't need to put her on a pedestal and treat her like a princess. Say no to a few things instead of everything being a yes. As the OT said in OT (wat), Just don't be a "nice" guy otherwise they just see you more as a friend than a person of interest.

If all else fails and if you think she is the shit then just be honest. If it doesn't go anywhere then who cares, Go back to one of your other female buddies. It's all about risks.

Choc

Banned
sometimes you enter the friend zone by not actually acting

if you see a girl a lot and don't make a move, they think you are not interested. happens all the time.

Jintor

What's the move

you're cute, go out with me?

When I was saying I forgot how to ask a girl out I wasn't kidding. I have the memory of a goldfish. All I recall was that it occurred in the rain.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What's the move

you're cute, go out with me?

Pretty much. Why wouldn't it be?

Girl You know
- Hey, I was wondering if you would like to go out and have dinner. Just you and me.
-- Omg, like, a date or something?
- Yes, a date
-- Yea ... Ok cool
-- Nope .. I don't feel about you that way.
On to the next target!

Girl you meet randomly - Talk for 10 or 15 minutes
- Hey, I gotta jet but i would like to see you again. Want to catch up for lunch or maybe dinner?
-- Omg like totally yes
- Exchange numbers
-- Omg no, I'm taken and was just being friendly
- No problem. Have a nice day.

Getting to that stage is the hardest part ;)

Choc

Banned
as hard as it is confidence is an aphrodisiac to women. You come across like it doesn't matter if she says yes or no and you will be fine

harder than it sounds though.

jambo

Its no good? :(

The controls just keep fucking me over and then the game throws in about 5 ghost lines and it's just an information overload.

Plus I had a shitty night/morning

Kept fucking up in Motorstorm, which just makes me annoyed so when I go to play WipEout I just play badly because I'm not concentrating, which further annoys and angers me. Then when I wake up this morning and the hot water isn't working.

Get out of the cold shower and I go and attempt to update the music on my iPhone. Whatever I do, the library will not pick up the correct artist and album info, even though I can see it in iTunes when my iPhone is plugged in.

After I swear at the computer and question the decency of it's parentage I go to grab a glass from my room, we have an inspection today so I want shit to be nice and clean. I get to the dishwasher and turn the glass upside down to put it in, not noticing that it is about a quarter full of water.

After cleaning the spill up I realise that I'm crashing at my gf's the next two nights so I need to grab some clothes. That plus the spill makes me miss my normal bus so I have to get a later one.

On the late bus I use my iPhone as a hotspot and go online on my Vita, but it keeps dropping out during the trip for no fucking reason. My iPhone has full 3G and thinks the Vita is still connected each time it drops out, so I have to turn the hotspot off and then on for the Vita to be able to connect to it again. Nice fucking work Sony.

Plus each time it would drop out I would be in the middle of a challenge race in WipEout and it pauses the game to tell you that there is a network error. It's already downloaded the fucking ghost so why the fuck does it need to pause the fucking game and fuck up my fucking lap to fucking tell me?!

FUCK!!!

Jintor

Pretty much. Why wouldn't it be?

Girl You know
- Hey, I was wondering if you would like to go out and have dinner. Just you and me.
-- Omg, like, a date or something?
- Yes, a date
-- Yea ... Ok cool
-- Nope .. I don't feel about you that way.
On to the next target!

Girl you meet randomly - Talk for 10 or 15 minutes
- Hey, I gotta jet but i would like to see you again. Want to catch up for lunch or maybe dinner?
-- Omg like totally yes
- Exchange numbers
-- Omg no, I'm taken and was just being friendly
- No problem. Have a nice day.

Getting to that stage is the hardest part ;)

Hearing someone just lay it out like that is reassuring

senahorse

Depending on the situation it can be a lot better to play it safe On the first date. Rather than laying it on thick or feeling awkward at dinner go somewhere fun. Find a place you will both be at ease and just relax, remember she will likely be as nervous as you. My current gf and I had our first date at the science centre in Brisbane :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hearing someone just lay it out like that is reassuring

I don't believe it's all that complicated to ask a girl out. Think about how it was in high school. You flirted because of the location and just general feel of the place, some girls were hit and others were clearly a miss. Overtime you either eventually just started dating as Reptile puts it or you go, hey wanna go out with me?! Which is clearly the high school equivalent of asking them out to dinner or lunch.

The complication is actually getting to that stage. It's the introduction, the follow up questions and conversation that needs to flow. There's a massive chance nothing will connect and it will just be awkward and shit and that scares the crap out of just about everyone.

If you can get her laughing and by the body language, tone of her voice, eye contact, it seems that she is interested then you're golden.

Depending on the situation it can be a lot better to play it safe On the first date. Rather than laying it on thick or feeling awkward at dinner go somewhere fun. Find a place you will both be at ease and just relax, remember she will likely be as nervous as you. My current gf and I had our first date at the science centre in Brisbane :)

Homenerdssssssss.gif

:D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
All-boys school lol

This is why you don't send your kids to same sex schools people!

You just need to carry a conversation. If you're good at that then just randomly start talking to girls, See how it all goes. If you hit it off with one then ask for the number and throw out a date suggestion.

I'm terrible at holding a conversation, Which is why I suck at this stuff D:

Choc

Banned

i went there with my wife recently x3n, awesome place for a date because its so interactive and fun

kudos to you good sir

edit:

also

PHILLIP COOREY 10:48am The former NSW premier, Bob Carr, has been approached to replace Mark Arbib in the Senate

yep, those faceless men are lining up their next challenger.

also

Peter Costello delivering Truth Bombs

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...rudds-inability-to-change-20120227-1tysn.html

remz

I got hit on at a bar the other night by a cute girl and then I froze from pure shock but then she went away because i guess she thought I wasn't interested or something. I hate talking in bars

i'm just used to taking the initiative, not the other way around I guess.
^ this is great advice. So many people go places because they're like.... meant to be for dates but they end up just being stifling. Go somewhere fun is best advice ever.

Yagharek

Dear choc,

Pros and cons of importing a BlackBerry torch 9810? Will I still be able to use all the goodies on it? What about Telstra applications that are unmetered? Alternative suggestions welcome :)
Battery life is very important though. HTC Mozart is rubbish.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kritz cooking bacon in the oven isn't anything new.

They do that on epic meal time as well.

I could never do it. You gotta burn those bacon bits in a pan. Mmmm bacon

jambo

Dear choc,

Pros and cons of importing a BlackBerry torch 9810? Will I still be able to use all the goodies on it? What about Telstra applications that are unmetered? Alternative suggestions welcome :)

Pros:
-

Cons:
- You will have a BlackBerry

Never asked a girl out in my life. Just hang out with them until you are suddenly dating. Distinction is stupid anyway.

Basically what happened to me. Suddenly people started asking "are you dating?" so we shrugged like "I guess"... five years later still goin' strong.

Making it formal is so awkward. I wouldn't even call it a date, just make it clear its just you guys. "Wanna come see a film/ have dinner with me?"

Choc

Banned
Dear choc,

Bold Touch 9900 although the Torch does have a slightly better battery life

Importing

Pros
-Cheaper
-Can get models not released here (for example the 850mhz unit that works on Telstra)
-Bigpond and foxtel etc are unmetered on telstra as is their websites
-Yes you can use all the programs except for 'podcasts' which for some reason RIM has only activated in America
-The battery life of BB's are 1000x better than any other smartphone on the market. My Bold used to last about 4 days without a charge (unless i used it excessively, in which case 2 days)
-The bold 9900 battery isnt so good but its better than an iphone
-aside from youtube FREE UNMETERED INTERNET. Why RIM doesn't push this fact harder is beyond me. data limits mean fuck all on BB

Cons

-RIM Australia won't fix it if it breaks (so get it from a reputable international seller)
- That's about it
-The app store is a bit shit

I've always imported my bb's

Yagharek

Cheers choc, appreciate it. So an imported model can still be used to access mobile foxtel content? And what does that amount to? Live epl, or highlights etc?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone actually manage to get general admission tickets?

Choc

Banned
Cheers choc, appreciate it. So an imported model can still be used to access mobile foxtel content? And what does that amount to? Live epl, or highlights etc?

you need to get telstra support to send you the service books. Once the device is activated on their network (which is automatic) you need to ask them to send you the service books.

The service books will then download the applications from Telstras BIS server.

When you speak to telstra request level 2 blackberry support, otherwise they will have zero idea what a service book is

You know you are on the right path when you get to an American call centre.

in terms of foxtel, as of this year its live afl and nrl. They don't have the internet rights for EPL. You do pay a bit extra to access afl/nrl content.

http://www.telstra.com.au/foxtel/mobile.html

Choc

Banned
the biggest problem with the torch is that it has BB OS6 so the old browser. Much improved on OS5 but the browser on OS7 is as good as the iphone.

OS7 has bad battery life though, like teh IP

the bold 9900 has OS7

and if you are looking at the 9810 i'd go the 9800

-OS6, same form factor and probably half the price by now due to it being an older model

Deeku

I got in real quick at the beginning but the seated seats were on the side so I decided to search again.

This queue needs to hurry up. I have a meeting soon!

legend166

Ticketmaster site is busted.

I had two GA standing tickets. It kept asking me to click the T&C box. Which I had. Over and over. Timer ran out and I lost them.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was in within five seconds and apparently the allocation was exhausted.

legend166

And now it's sold out.

Amazing.

The people who get in early get stuck on the payment screen. The timer runs out and their tickets get released. People who were late waltz in and get the tickets.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's always better to line up at an actual ticketmaster joint if it's such a popular event. Online is always fucked, I remember trying to buy Metallica tickets and it was just impossible.

Keep an eye on the site though. Who knows, If sales were through the roof it's possible another event will get posted in a few hours. That did happen with Metallica and no one knew about it, So buying a ticket online was super easy and quick haha. Radiohead is big enough to have another show in each location.

Otherwise. EBAY. Oh yea!

Top Bottom