• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
Guys guys guys, less than 2 hours until Danger 5.

tumblr_ksczlyQbeU1qzx4k0o1_500.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Watching dr who on abc 2, its back with tennant, martha and the master.

I'd forgotten how fucking cheesey RTD is. Moffat fo lyf

Yagharek

How could you not love Uncharted.
You.
Heartless.
Monster.

Whoaahhhoooahah-ooaahh.
Nearly died.
Close call, whew!
Whooaahahhaoooah-ooaahahah.
Nearly died again!
Close call, whew!
Whoaahhhoooahah-ooaahh.
Nearly died.
Close call, whew!
Nearly died again!
Close call, whew!
Whoaahhhoooahah-ooaahh.
Nearly died.
Close call, whew!
Nearly died again!
Close call, whew!

Shaneus

When's the sports show on? Must watch!

Yo thread, should I buy Alan Wake on PC for $30? It seems cheap for a new PC game, looks like it looks awesome and might just be perfect for someone who never really got into Japan-developed horror games. It's also got all the DLC included at that price before March 1st.

Also, I'm going to buy Binary Domain. Awesome, different games should be supported. And it's fairly cheap at Zavvi.

Markot: From memory, I don't think the 6950 is too big, at least in comparison to some of the bigger ones. Most reviews of cases will mention if there'd be issues with cards fitting.

Danoss

Aaaaand underpaid for my first 11 days at work. My pay is short $142.52 by my calculations.

Looks like we'll be having words tomorrow.

Kritz

Banned
Just got my grand from Centrelink for this term at uni, to be spent on study material. As I'm minoring in Game Design, I think I have a good idea of what my "study material" will be.

First day at uni. Mixed classes. Korean was crazy throw you in the deep end, Journalism (JOUR1111) was embarrassingly painful. Lecture spent the whole time talking down to everyone with crap like "There's no text, but you can tell your mum there was an ipad so she'll buy you one. I'll back your story up" and "How's your first day of uni, much bigger than high school eh?". Felt out of place, like I was three years too old to be in the class =/ Oh hey, and our first assignment (worth 15%) is to make a log of all the social media we use in a week.

Watching dr who on abc 2, its back with tennant, martha and the master.

word. Realising doctor who was on every day now was the highlight of my friday.

+1

Finished Rage this afternoon. Will have more impressions tomorrow - is there anyone next in the list on the spreadsheet or is it on its way back to Gaz this week?

Time to get back into Zelda. Just
visited all three dragons and learned the hero's song
, I figure I have 7-10 hours left, max. Probably closer to 5-7 unless it tries to pull more filler on me.

Jintor

First day at uni. Mixed classes. Korean was crazy throw you in the deep end, Journalism (JOUR1111) was embarrassingly painful. Lecture spent the whole time talking down to everyone with crap like "There's no text, but you can tell your mum there was an ipad so she'll buy you one. I'll back your story up" and "How's your first day of uni, much bigger than high school eh?". Felt out of place, like I was three years too old to be in the class =/ Oh hey, and our first assignment (worth 15%) is to make a log of all the social media we use in a week.

Wait are you just out of high school? I thought you'd been in uni for a bit.

Or just taking a first year course?

seriously 15% for a log? Pfft

magenta

Has to fit a 6950 >.> thats about it, dont need alot of expansion slots for dvd drives, 2ish.

It may also depend on the size of the motherboard.

I have used Cooler Master in the past, so they are what I recommend

Elite series are cheap, look ok, come in different designs and don't have any extra's, but if that is not big enough then CM 690 II might be what you need, a lot more room. More expensive though.

15 minutes until I sit down and watch television. Strange feeling. Can't remember the last time I did this for something not related to sports.

Yo thread, should I buy Alan Wake on PC for $30? It seems cheap for a new PC game, looks like it looks awesome and might just be perfect for someone who never really got into Japan-developed horror games. It's also got all the DLC included at that price before March 1st.
It was $20 on GMG but it seems like they ran out of keys. At that price I would recommend it. It has a lot of problems but looks great on PC and is worth a play. It is mainly some elements of the story/story telling and the incredibly repetitive shooting that hold it back. By the time you hit the third chapter you are adept enough at killing baddies that you never feel too pressured. I rate it up with The Witcher 2 for detailed art design at times, even though (again) it becomes repetitive, with the odd awesome moment out of fucking woods or the same internal looking structure. Wish there was more down time in the daylight.

Whoaahhhoooahah-ooaahh.
Nearly died.
Close call, whew!
Nearly died again!
Close call, whew!
Whoaahhhoooahah-ooaahh.
Nearly died.
Close call, whew!
Nearly died again!
Close call, whew!
Whoaahhhoooahah-ooaahh.
Nearly died.
Close call, whew!
Nearly died again!
Close call, whew!
e2FzX.gif

Salazar

"How's your first day of uni, much bigger than high school eh?"

T62VS.gif

Well, my department are still figuring out who is going to run the advanced courses I have to take, and what they are going to be about. Which means that nobody has

a) volunteered
b) made any plans

And which means in turn, that whatever happens is going to be relatively unenthusiastic and ad hoc, as well as being a tedious distraction from more important work.

Oh dear :s Haven't the courses started already??

Wait are you just out of high school? I thought you'd been in uni for a bit.

Or just taking a first year course?

seriously 15% for a log? Pfft

Nah, I've been out since 2009. It was a first year course, but I've taken other ones before and never had them be that much "hey kiddies, welcome to your new school!". In fact I don't think it's ever been brought up before, because most lecturers realise people first year course doesn't = straight out of high school for a lot of people. I guess it'll just be an awesome bludge that will give me more Korean time
;.; I want to be challenged

deek: It says "OK" (not okay) but until you brought it up I just read it as OH too :s

No, they happen at the convenience of whoever can be bothered or compelled to run them, and at the express inconvenience of the postgrads who have to take them.

lol, the smaller departments at UQ are hilariously laidback/ lazy. So you're just stuck twiddling your thumbs until they sort out what the courses are going to be about?

Yoshiya

Just got my grand from Centrelink for this term at uni, to be spent on study material. As I'm minoring in Game Design, I think I have a good idea of what my "study material" will be.

Life isn't fair, I want free money too. Where's my middle-class welfare, Gillard?

But really, it's a little shit when I don't have money for books and others around me are literally pissing away their free $1000.

oooh where to?

Life isn't fair, I want free money too. Where's my middle-class welfare, Gillard?

But really, it's a little shit when I don't have money for books and others around me are literally pissing away their free $1000.

I know, goddamn. One of my friends moved out and because his parents live on the gold coast he gets $600 a fortnight + $2000 "start up money" + uni money, and he's using it to take a week off uni and go to Japan =/ Tax money well spent I say.
I would do something if I was given that money, but because I don't I get to complain about the injustices

Jintor

Oh dear :s Haven't the courses started already??

Nah, I've been out since 2009. It was a first year course, but I've taken other ones before and never had them be that much "hey kiddies, welcome to your new school!". In fact I don't think it's ever been brought up before, because most lecturers realise people first year course doesn't = straight out of high school for a lot of people. I guess it'll just be an awesome bludge that will give me more Korean time
;.; I want to be challenged

deek: It says "OK" (not okay) but until you brought it up I just read it as OH too :s

I had a JPS101 lecture this morning and while it was a little bit "Hey this is what you'll have to do in uni" (For example the lecturer spent like 5 minutes on plagiarism while in my fourth-year law course later the lecturer was like "You've all heard this a billion times but if you plagiarise we'll kick you the fuck out of here, now let's get learning") it was mostly okay.

I think I might enjoy this course but we'll see how it goes.

Shaneus

Shane did you miss the bit where i said if yo uwait a week you can have my BD promo?
Definitely. I've not been checking in here on a regular basis for the last week or so (especially the last few days, oddly enough) so it's likely I could've missed any offer you've made :)

So any comments from your direction are from the preview? Any idea when it's showing on TV? Only so I can hype it to my coworker buddies... they're (mostly) massive D-Gen fans.

15 minutes until I sit down and watch television. Strange feeling. Can't remember the last time I did this for something not related to sports.

It was $20 on GMG but it seems like they ran out of keys. At that price I would recommend it. It has a lot of problems but looks great on PC and is worth a play. It is mainly some elements of the story/story telling and the incredibly repetitive shooting that hold it back. By the time you hit the third chapter you are adept enough at killing baddies that you never feel too pressured. I rate it up with The Witcher 2 for detailed art design at times, even though (again) it becomes repetitive, with the odd awesome moment out of fucking woods or the same internal looking structure. Wish there was more down time in the daylight.

Damn, that's a stealio for that dealio, blows that I missed it. I'm sure it'll go on sale again plenty of times in the near future but after reading some of the interviews from the Remedy guys as well as their posts in Steam threads about the differences b/w PC and 360 as well as the technical issues, I'm almost tempted to buy just to reward the dedication and thoughtfulness they're showing toward the PC port.

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with the "survival" aspect of the game. When it comes down to it, I'd just like to find a game that focuses on a somewhat-scary (yet not overly so, like Amnesia(?)) story than something I have to "survive", a la the first Condemned. Fuck, that was a great game.

Damn, I need to stop thinking about buying games and actually start playing them. Seriously. Why the fuck haven't I started playing DE3 yet, reptile? And why am I considering buying more games, despite them not even being on sale?!? IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Salazar

oooh where to?

Oxford for a couple of weeks, London for a couple of days.

I'm just a sucker for the whole process of going on holiday, though. My body reacts in involuntary appreciation of all the sleep deprivation, the discomfort, the odd and unsatisfactory food, the surplus of terrible films, the queues. I like it all, directly against my will. Even before I actually get where I'm going.

Kritz

Banned
Danger 5 was pretty rubbish. It was seldom funny and worse than that, it was extremely boring. Even the action scenes weren't amusing, as it has the problem of being the same joke each and every time.

The closest parallel to the show I can think of is Archer, surprisingly enough; it makes me miss the character chemistry that is just completely missing from this show.

The closest parallel to the show I can think of is Archer, surprisingly enough; it makes me miss the character chemistry that is just completely missing from this show.

To be fair, Archer is the best comedy on tv.
The internet ep was definitely better, but purely from a spectacle wtf stand point, this show wins.

NAZI Dinosaurs! Although it is meant to be up on the SBS website right now, even says Ep 2 available to watch but the link isn't working yet.

Sweet, hopefully it starts working soon!

I had a JPS101 lecture this morning and while it was a little bit "Hey this is what you'll have to do in uni" (For example the lecturer spent like 5 minutes on plagiarism while in my fourth-year law course later the lecturer was like "You've all heard this a billion times but if you plagiarise we'll kick you the fuck out of here, now let's get learning") it was mostly okay.

I think I might enjoy this course but we'll see how it goes.

Well, you've got a few weeks to change. What course are you doing? You must be pretty close to graduation.

Oxford for a couple of weeks, London for a couple of days.

I'm just a sucker for the whole process of going on holiday, though. My body reacts in involuntary appreciation of all the sleep deprivation, the discomfort, the odd and unsatisfactory food, the surplus of terrible films, the queues. I like it all, directly against my will. Even before I actually get where I'm going.

Sweeet. Go to lots of museums for me >.<

Anticipation for a holiday almost the most fun part.

Top Bottom