• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Yoshiya

Oh well, I've spent too much on live music this year already. Feist, Chairlift, M83, Austra, tune-yards... if I don't stop myself I'll be destitute.

Any impressions so far? I think I'll install it tonight.
Compared to the Developer Preview from last year, it's not significantly different, but there are definitely some tweaks to the Start Menu and switching between the Start Menu and Desktop. I think I'm less enthused about with the Consumer Preview now than I was when using the Developer Preview last year.

Clipper

SydGAF Board Gamers, as only one of you has given me an actual preferred date for round 2, let's set it to that. Sunday, 11th of March. Same time, place, etc. as last time. Who's in?

If anybody who wasn't at the last one is interested in coming along, make sure you let us know so I can send you the details and stuff. And for those absolutely clueless, this is for a bunch of Sydney AusGAF posters to get together and play some board, card and other games played at a table. Great fun was had at the first of these and we expect many more.

Oh dear.

So GAME in the UK is not stocking EA products, including Mass Effect 3.

I wonder if that is going to be the same here with their Australian branch. If so, this is going to sting for those of us with the N7 edition preordered through them.

jambo

Oh dear.

So GAME in the UK is not stocking EA products, including Mass Effect 3.

I wonder if that is going to be the same here with their Australian branch. If so, this is going to sting for those of us with the N7 edition preordered through them.

Pretty sure that's just GAME UK, although I could be wrong.

EDIT: Actually it looks like GAME Australia is owned by GAME UK and not a franchise style thingo

Fredescu

GAME UK own GAME AU. If they're having financial difficulties in the UK, there's every chance that Australian stores could be affected.

edit: curse your edit!

Choc

Banned
GAME AU is not in the same boat, yet.

Man the radio head ticket sales on ebay are nuts

Wait what

Please marry my boy is averaging over 1 million in ratings?

goodness

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I thought they would have been.

I wondering if scalping and selling tickets on ebay is a great way to make some decent cash? I'm thinking it could be.

I wondering if scalping and selling tickets on ebay is a great way to make some decent cash?
I don't think you're allowed to sell tickets on eBay for more than the face value, and tickets are often targets for removal of the auction.

That said, if you can get it sold before it's removed from eBay and everyone's happy, what are they going to do?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't think you're allowed to sell tickets on eBay for more than the face value, and tickets are often targets for removal of the auction.

That said, if you can get it sold before it's removed from eBay and everyone's happy, what are they going to do?

Yea. I figured eBay cracks down on them. I guess you could use another online auction site, That could prove to be difficult though.

Curse you eBay, I want to be rich!

Also, I love the calendar in the second picture on this property - http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-hampton+park-109373316
Hampton Park is actually kinda cheap, It isn't listed as a hole either. Strange.

Choc

Banned
Why did EA screw them over? Are they the only pup not doing business with em now?

GAMEs credit rating in the UK was downgraded 2 weeks ago. Publishers are now only dealing with GAME if they will pay for product on delivery as opposed to on 30 day terms.

This will occur more and more over time. The only reason this is news is ME3, not EA.

There are other game snot going to GAME as well

Choc

Banned
Intriguing. Where can I find more about this game snot?

426048_248358918577189_142358482510567_561879_1313056381_n.jpg

Deeku

Speaking of scalpers, I should have got someone to buy Lady Gaga tickets in Hong Kong. Apparently some tickets have been scalped for as much as 4000 US, face value around 200 lol.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think I know why hampton park seems to have cheap houses. It looks like they were all built in the 1920s, smal kitchens and just odd designs.

I must win lotto.

senahorse

I have a pre-order at JB to pick up buy my receipt is at home, does it matter or do I need to go and get my receipt first?

I tried calling the store in question but it rang out.

1 reason they sold out so quick

lets pick the shittest smallest venue in sydney

they said they want shit to be intimate or something.

when youre as big as radiohead you kinda cant do that unless you wanna play 100x more shows than one stadium.

say theres 1000 spots there, 400,000 in a stadium, youd have to play 400 shows to accomodate.

Jintor

What's everybody reading, AusGAF? I think we went over this earlier but those were recommendations, not current reads.

Currently checking out the Kindle version of Freakonomics because the sample intrigued me, and slowly working my way through The Bride Stripped Bare, which is a story that feels totally foreign to me.

What's everybody reading, AusGAF? I think we went over this earlier but those were recommendations, not current reads.

Currently checking out the Kindle version of Freakonomics because the sample intrigued me, and slowly working my way through The Bride Stripped Bare, which is a story that feels totally foreign to me.

I'm (still, have been for months) about 2/3 of the way through American Gods. Which is awesome. And probably half way through Theories of International Relations and Zombies. Which is a hilarious and surprisingly interesting look at political theory.

Clipper

Another heads up for SydGAF 3: Board Games 2: Insert Catchy Sub-title Here... Is March 11 going to get enough people or not?

I won't spam this multiple times on the same page in future, but with a few of the potential attendees apparently totally missing the earlier post while posting new posts, it seemed necessary just this once.

Jintor

I'm up for it, but I'll reserve attendance for future events because I have a sudden premonition in regards to my legal workload.

legend166

I'm currently reading:

• Christianity’s Dangerous Idea: The Protestant Revolution from the Sixteenth to the Twenty-First Century - Alister McGrath
  • Mistborn: The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson
  • Stalingrad - Antony Beevor

I went through Freakonomics and Super Freakonomics last week. SF is not as much fun as the first. This week going through Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point and What the Dog saw.
I don't normally read this sort of thing but my wife has a huge collection of unread books like this and I figure one of us may as well read these. I'm glad I did.

Tipping Point and Freakonomics have some interesting similarities when they both try to explain the phenomenon of lower US crime stats in the 90's and come up with two completely different reasons.

I can't read fiction anymore, though. I did manage to read all of the Bond novels bar the last one but I prefer non-fiction to read and fiction to watch on DVD/ Bluray.

Rahk

I'm currently reading Cordelia's Honor. Takes me a while to get through a book since I typically only read on the way home if I'm not tired. I think I'll try to improve on that.

You can keep up to date with what everyone is reading and recommendations in the Goodreads AusGAF group!

Top Bottom