• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Fault Line Series (Campaign Trailer) [Up 4: More Pre-Order Goodies]

Cuban Legend said:
Good ol Demize, can always could on his ass to pull some amazing developer technology shit to blow minds.

At least someone now is pushing for use for the latest technologies. (ie: DX11 or you can get out)

And for that, I thank you Dice.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Cuban Legend said:
Good ol Demize, can always could on his ass to pull some amazing developer technology shit to blow minds.

That is repi. Demize99 name is Alan Kertz.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
bf3-10shh.png

bf3-9lo9n.png

bf3-11qogs.png

bf3-8rss2.png

bf3-10yp9f.png

bf3-12qrar.png

bf3-66p0m.png

Raide

Nirolak said:
Repi's powerpoint.

I set it to original size so they wouldn't scale, so they're a bit small.

Thanks. :D

I cannot wait to blow the crap out of those buildings. Almost seems a shame to render them in so much detail.

Sn4ke_911 said:
That is repi. Demize99 name is Alan Kertz.
Well fuck, lol. My bad.

I follow both of them on twitter that their tweets just seem to blend together sometimes, jaja.

Still great top see all that DX11 Tech... MOUTH IS WATERING AT FULL WATERING POTENTIAL

Dennis

Banned
DICE are you taking requests?

Please make an open-world game (RPG or GTA-style) with the Frostbite 2 engine next. And make it DX11 and up only, please.

Racer30

From one of repi`s slides:

Battlefield 3 Terrains

- Huge area and view distances
- Dynamic destructable heightfields
- Procedural virtual texturing
- Streamed heightfields, colormaps, masks

How can we increase detail even further on dx11?

- Create better silhouttes and increased depth
- Keep small scale detail (dynamic craters and slopes)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
DennisK4 said:

Please make an open-world game (RPG or GTA-style) with the Frostbite 2 engine next. And make it DX11 and up only, please.
Well, you can't actually make a DX11 game that isn't compatible with DX10, and the engine doesn't support DX9, so anything on it is inherently DX11 only.

Dennis

Banned
Nirolak said:
Well, you can't actually make a DX11 game that isn't compatible with DX10, and the engine doesn't support DX9, so anything on it is inherently DX11 only.
Well then, one of my requests have been fulfilled already! Now DICE, get cracking on that next game!

By they way, I think Battlefield 3 is going to be a massive, massive 5 million+ hit.

They are very smart in including a substantial SP campaign to compete with COD headon. MoH sold fantastic and BF3 looks like CoD on horse steroids.

DennisK4 said:

I saw those slides and immediately thought of ARMA.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
DennisK4 said:
Well then, one of my requests have been fulfilled already! Now DICE, get cracking on that next game!

By they way, I think Battlefield 3 is going to be a massive, massive 5 million+ hit.

They are very smart in including a substantial SP campaign to compete with COD headon. MoH sold fantastic and BF3 looks like CoD on horse steroids.
Well, Bad Company 2 sold over 7 million, so I imagine this one could get... very high.

It's worth noting that this engine is also being used by several other EA studios as well, so there's a lot of potential sources for Frostbite 2 games, especially as we transition generations.

Dennis

Banned
Nirolak said:
Well, Bad Company 2 sold over 7 million, so I imagine this one could get... very high.

It's worth noting that this engine is also being used by several other EA studios as well, so there's a lot of potential sources for Frostbite 2 games, especially as we transition generations.
Wow, I didn't realize BC2 sold that well....deserved for sure.

Well then, with some marketing effort BF3 can do 10 mil+ I think. If it gets mostly 90%+ reviews (and why shouldn't it when game reviewers gave Modern Warfare 92% on average) this could maybe reach CoD territory. God I hope so, CoD needs to be shaken up.

Chinner said:
you know whats goign to be cool? blowing up buildings to block a path up.

Alpha Team: "SHIT!! We can't hold this flag for much longer, the enemy has too much armor moving in on us!"

Delta Team: *glasses* "Hold on Alpha Team, we're in route to objective."

Delta Team members set trap for incoming armor by placing many satchels onto the road side of a hotel building.

Armor starts rolling into town where flag is located. Delta team detonates satchels and said hotel building collapses onto an Opfor tank and thus shuts down that route to the flag for enemy ground forces.

--

Like dis:

ijqOQC.gif

Oh yeah, have I already mentioned I WANT THIS FUCKING GAME?

Chinner

Banned
yeah, it'd pretty awesome if you could do that shit. just like seeing a building collapse into your path, then you're like, what the fuck are we do now?

im sure dice will balance everything out problem, but i just hope that firepower is kinda restricted. as cool as it is i don't want every map to be turned into a complete wasteland.

A.R.K

Daante said:
Their conclusion is:

" - SPU:s are more than capable of performing shading work traditionally done by RSX
--> think of SPU:s as another GPU compute resource.

- SPU:s can do significantly better light culling than the RSX

- RSX+SPU combined shading creates a great opportunity to raise the bar on graphics!"

Good to see 3rd party devs are finally doing justice to PS3...this is the way to go. They need to step up their game considering how good PS3 1st party games look.

My PS3 is ready!!

Chinner said:
yeah, it'd pretty awesome if you could do that shit. just like seeing a building collapse into your path, then you're like, what the fuck are we do now?

im sure dice will balance everything out problem, but i just hope that firepower is kinda restricted. as cool as it is i don't want every map to be turned into a complete wasteland.

I don't think there would be enough time to turn a 64p map into a wasteland considering how large the maps will be + the time limit for matches.

A.R.K said:
Good to see 3rd party devs are finally doing justice to PS3...this is the way to go. They need to step up their game considering how good PS3 1st party games look.

My PS3 is ready!!

Come to the master race, brother.

We have
better everything
cookies.

*Imagines hopping into beautifully Frostbite 2.0 rendered F-22, initiating take off, acquiring targets while weather dynamically changes from sunlight to cloudy, rain starts pouring down, dropping JDAMs or smart bombs and watching 2 -3 buildings obliterate and crumble beneath me and creating craters in the ground*

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
DennisK4 said:

Mirror's Edge 2 open-world?

GOD YES.

rar

Juan29.zapata said:
Mirror's Edge 2 open-world?

GOD YES.

yes please

make it multiplayer too, let us drive vehicles, ride skateboards, put on rollerblades, etc, and make the guns and combat better

for the love of earth, Dice, fix hit detection and the SuperSaiyan health for BF3. BC2 and BF2 were awesome but goddamn if the weapons didn't feel like sponge bullets. Also, way more vehicles and faster vehicle spawn.

^^^^ is saying this with avg 50 ping, and with 'fixed' cfg files, and an HD 5870, and a 3.6Ghz quad

IchigoSharingan said:
for the love of earth, Dice, fix hit detection and the SuperSaiyan health for BF3. BC2 and BF2 were awesome but goddamn if the weapons didn't feel like sponge bullets. Also, way more vehicles and faster vehicle spawn.

^^^^ is saying this with avg 50 ping, and with 'fixed' cfg files, and an HD 5870, and a 3.6Ghz quad

If MOH and BC2 Vietnam are anything to go by, the weapon damage will be upped/feel more lethal.

Still don't know how I feel about vehicles...it's not out yet, but really like Homefront's BP system for vehicles/"streaks". Hope DICE comes up with something new.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
If MOH and BC2 Vietnam are anything to go by, the weapon damage will be upped/feel more lethal.

Still don't know how I feel about vehicles...it's not out yet, but really like Homefront's BP system for vehicles/"streaks". Hope DICE comes up with something new.

you played homefront already?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Frostbite 2.0 sucks.
Behold! Fersis 3D Framework 0.1!!

34ynqth.jpg

Its an old unfinished project that i wont touch again.DICE is safe.

RoboPlato said:
Interesting that some of the lighting will be prebaked in the console versions. Should still look pretty nice on the lighting front then, even if it isn't dynamic.
Lightmaps have bad PR for some reason. But theyre pretty awesome.

f0rk

Chinner said:

I can see what you mean, but it could work if it took so much effort it could only possibly be like that in the last few minutes of a game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So I was right, Frostbite 2 does have fully dynamic lighting. It's just that it's only on PC.

bf3lightingbqyr.png

There was only one good new screenshot in the presentation though. I did edit bigger versions of the other ones into the previous post though.

bf3-79sgv.png

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I guess EA/DICE will have to pay some royalties to the Englighten folks if they want to add mod support.

Izayoi

Banned
rar said:
yes please

make it multiplayer too, let us drive vehicles, ride skateboards, put on rollerblades, etc, and make the guns and combat better
Try take out guns completely (maybe even combat as a whole) and on-foot only.

Then you'd have yourself a game.

Arcipello

Nirolak said:
So I was right, Frostbite 2 does have fully dynamic lighting. It's just that it's only on PC.

bf3lightingbqyr.png

There was only one good new screenshot in the presentation though. I did edit bigger versions of the other ones into the previous post though.

bf3-79sgv.png
One of the only engines with real time radiosity lighting... I've been waiting for many years to see it in a game:)

Shapingo

I hate military games but this looks amazing graphically.

Soldier "Why is this part of the world always so f'd up?"

Me "Because you keep bombing it asshole"

Top Bottom