• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Fault Line Series (Campaign Trailer) [Up 4: More Pre-Order Goodies]

Manager

derFeef said:
Europe, dude. Erm, GMT time...ish.

CET GMT+1

Swedish time, DICE time.

Sidewinder said:
I've been out of the BF3 loop for 2 or 3 days now, but haven't we already seen this Episode 2 trailer? The video leaked by a guy who attended a BF3 presentation, where you can see the earthquake, building toppling over and taking a heli down?? Are we just waiting for a direct feed HD version of this video, or is it something else?

Right now I'm far more excited by the Frostbite 2.0 Karkhand video to be honest.

Yes, direct-feed of that is expected.

Chinner

Banned
i'm surprised they're still posting it tbh. this is the video that'll have the earthquake in it, right? might be considered as insensitive considering the recent events..

Arozay

Chinner said:
i'm surprised they're still posting it tbh. this is the video that'll have the earthquake in it, right? might be considered as insensitive considering the recent events..
It's not like it's set in Japan though. It's a natural disaster.

Chinner said:

My god the world has gone crazy...

I have nothing but the deepest sympathy for what is happening and has happened in Japan, it is one of my favourite countries in the world and I have many Japanese friends. It is a horrible real world tragedy, but tragedies happen all of the time everywhere in the world! This happens to be a big one, but so are many of them.

But, if it becomes taboo to talk about, show, entertain with a subject that has been affected by a disaster somewhere in the world then we're very quickly going to limit our options. There is so much bad shit going on in the world... I think it's acceptable to delay the release of something like Motorstorm Apocalypse in Japan... but to restrict the rest of the world from seeing a TRAILER of a GAME that is not targeted at the affected area and that has an earthquake in it as a way of showing off the technology in use... that shit is just crazy talk.

If that makes me insensitive then I'm 100% insensitive.

Zaro said:

It seems to me like it's being hinted that someone has developed a 'earthquake machine' and that is going to be a major part of the story in BF3 IMO

Arcipello

Chinner said:

wrong! you cant ban things because they might seem insensitive to some people, i noticed you didnt mention the fact that BF3 is set in the middle east and all about war, which to me seems more controversial than a natural phenomenon such as an earthquake.

Arcipello said:
wrong! you cant ban things because they might seem insensitive to some people, i noticed you didnt mention the fact that BF3 is set in the middle east and all about war, which to me seems more controversial than a natural phenomenon such as an earthquake.
No one is talking about a ban. Dice might avoid any earthquake reference themselves.

Chinner said:
if they announced days ago that they were delaying the trailer, i'd.. well, i wouldn't understand, but at least i'd know it wasn't coming, but they haven't given any indication that plans have changed so the wait continues...

Chinner

Banned
Zaro said:
oh i agree, but while it's in the news it could be viewed as exploitation of an event to gain momentum. i'm not saying ea are doing that - they're not because this was game and showcase was planned before the disaster in japan - but i seriously wouldn't be surprised if their PR have planned for this kind of response.

Arcipello said:

Don't you think it's a bit weird how crazy sensitive people have become about this particular disaster. As I said above, disasters happen all the time. By all means provide relief and donate money and grieve and care... but to cancel and delay works? I think it's the Japanese developers who have delayed and cancelled stuff that is rubbing off on ppl and making them think 'shit maybe we should be more sensitive too' but I really REALLY dislike that spreading hive mindset.

I damn well hope DICE doesn't follow suite.

JackEtc said:
Some of us do, everyone at PAX (including myself) has seen all 3 scenes being played in front of us.

I don't think anyone can say for sure what is or isn't going to be shown in the trailer - perhaps it will be completely new footage not seen by anyone during any of the demo's yet :)

JackEtc

ColonialRaptor said:
I don't think anyone can say for sure what is or isn't going to be shown in the trailer - perhaps it will be completely new footage not seen by anyone during any of the demo's yet :)
It was the same demo shown at GDC, and I'm pretty sure they said that was what was going to be shown in the trailers.

derFeef said:
And episode 2 ends with the big bang?
Hm....Trying to remember.

No, I think 3 does, I think. I THINK 2 has the
IED basement scene
and the
sniper scene

But then again, we saw a lot more than what was in the first trailer. Those 3 minutes were about 10 minutes in the demo.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
whaaat? still no trailer?? ok now it starts to get really ridiculous.
People staying up late to see a trailer of gameplay that could be in any modern fps---karkand is mostly just infantry and grenade spam with light doses of tank/apc whoring after all----wasn't ridiculous to begin with?

Their hardcore pursuit of the CoD crowd fills me with dread. Stare not into the abyss and all that.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Woo-Fu said:
People staying up late to see a trailer of gameplay that could be in any modern fps---karkand is mostly just infantry and grenade spam with light doses of tank/apc whoring after all----wasn't ridiculous to begin with?

Their hardcore pursuit of the CoD crowd fills me with dread. Stare not into the abyss and all that.

...What?

derFeef said:
Is the player getting hit? That blur is kind of weird everytime a bullet impacts something.

Seemed pretty obvious to me. Big ass bullet blowing chunks of stone and such right next to you would do that sort of thing.

JackEtc

derFeef said:
Is the player getting hit? That blur is kind of weird everytime a bullet impacts something.
That was in the demo too, I thought it was a little weird. I think it might be the sonic boom as the bullet hits affecting him, or maybe just how loud it is? I dunno, I probably sound stupid.

Donos

bad sniper is bad. he's also shooting like a maschine.

Would not care if the pope himself , wearing a bikini would jump from the roof while AT'ing the sniper.

just give me footage of MP with over 30 players and i will fap furiously while listening to wagners "ride of the valkyries""

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I don't care how bood or how bad the single player is. Previous Battlefield games didn't even really have any single player, just dumb bots. Anyway, the engine looks nice but I really wanna see the multi player already. At least we see you can go prone :p

My GOOODDD soooo good.

I wish we had have seen how the building ended up after that, but it's incredible.

It seems like my wish of little bits of debris staying around has been granted. You can see little bits of the wall that the sniper hit lying on the ground in some parts. Not all of it does because it seems like the debris falls straight through the floor.

God damn, the animations are fucken ridiculous.

I wonder if they're going to continue this hype fest of releasing a trailer and then announcing the timing of the next footage at the end of each trailer.

I reckon they are. 30th of March here we come!!!

SumGamer

I'm finding hard to believe that a single rocket can take down the whole building. Can someone convince me?

This one really show how awesome the sounds is. I have earpieces on and the bullet just fly pass my head. Really awesome.

derFeef

EvaPlusMinus said:
Seemed pretty obvious to me. Big ass bullet blowing chunks of stone and such right next to you would do that sort of thing.
No, it would make your eyes close and guard your face with an arm I guess :p That blur is a bit exaggerated.

JackEtc

DennisK4 said:
Make a new thread
Not necessary.
Disguises said:
Oh great, slow mo. STILL worried it's looking too much like CoD's campaigns
I don't think it was in slo-mo in the actual demo, may have just been for the trailer since they cut it off right away.
SumGamer said:
I'm finding hard to believe that a single rocket can take down the whole building. Can someone convince me?
It doesn't take down the entire building, they cut it too soon. The front of the building gets blown off, and I believe part of a floor caves in.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
derFeef said:
No, it would make your eyes close and guard your face with an arm I guess :p That blur is a bit exaggerated.

It's supposed to be the character flinching/wincing

raphier

Banned
Donos said:
bad sniper is bad. he's also shooting like a maschine.
haha yes. I can't believe they even decided to expose themselves close to the edge. the squad wasn't smart either. Kinda feels like a forced "show me some destruction" event that I could pass once throught and never touch this sequence again.

So Dice, how about you call for air support on the hotel, eh? ;)

derFeef

EvaPlusMinus said:
It's supposed to be the character flinching/wincing
I know what it is supposed to be, but it is still distracting and I hope they turn that down a bit. I want to hear the sound, DICE and see the impact in normal speed. That slowmo is getting old :/

The graphics are simply incredible. DICE are some talented buffoons if they can pull off something even close to this on the consoles.

Does anyone have a link to the GDC camera footage handy? I'd like to download and save on my PC...

Top Bottom