• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO 08•19-21•16 - Bomba-Herp(derp) trampled as Squad slip by the dogs of war

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Please no

He was insufferable in Rogue Nation

But he was great in Ghost Protocol!

Rogue Nation was such a step down from Ghost Protocol for me. I got about halfway through and never bothered to finish it. I know lots of people loved it but I can't see why, the whole thing felt so mundane.

BumRush

Rogue Nation was such a step down from Ghost Protocol for me. I got about halfway through and never bothered to finish it. I know lots of people loved it but I can't see why, the whole thing felt so mundane.

I enjoyed both but also thought ghost was a far better movie

The Hobo

There are glimpses of a great movie in BvS but it's so bogged down overall. I did like that the film questioned whether Superman was a positive or negative force in the world but then all of the people asking those questions are blown up and it's forgotten about.

Both lose some of their momentum by the end. Watching Rogue Nation again with somebody the other night, there's the realization that it doesn't end after the dope underwater scene and motorcycle chase. It keeps going. Ghost Protocol has Dubai, again, dope scene. But then they're in India? And some bit in an automated parking garage?

Yeah I'm watching RN right now and that underwater scene, fucking hell

I also like that RN had the stones to basically have Tom Cruise be stupid enough to cling to a plane as the goddamn opener

tomtom94

You know I was joking but now I want an Edgar Wright comedy where a load of Simon Pegg characters meet up and have adventures. Maybe a Spaced special or something.

3N16MA

Banned
There are glimpses of a great movie in BvS but it's so bogged down overall. I did like that the film questioned whether Superman was a positive or negative force in the world but then all of the people asking those questions are blown up and it's forgotten about.

There is plenty of potential on all DCEU films. Maybe one day they will get there.

J_Viper

Rebecca Ferguson tho Jesus Christ

We can all agree that both Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation have the worst villains in recent cinema, yes?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
giphy.gif

there was potential for the Simon Pegg lookalike, though

GP has villains?

Yeah idk now that I really stop to think about it, GP is like the 3rd best MI movie.

MI3 (come at me) > RN > GP > MI1 > literal feces > MI2

jman2050

I don't mind the RN villain, especially since he's such a little bitch about everything

I love the scene near the end where Ethan literally talks the villain into submission, it's such a silly dramatic scene that only Tom Cruise can pull off because he's Tom Cruise.

Yeah idk now that I really stop to think about it, GP is like the 3rd best MI movie.

While the third act of MI3 is lacking, it has the best villain. He was genuinely threatening.

And I have no issue with your rankings, but might juggle the top 3 depending on my mood. But MI2 is definitely the bottom of the heap.
You guys are sleeping on Paula Patton.

Not in a good way.
Paula Patton for She Hulk. Please.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

snkPLSt.jpg

MI3 is weak outside of Hoffman's character, it's the one movie in that series I have trouble watching again.

Rogue Nation was awesome.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I mean, Robin Thicke basically went nuts after she left him, that has to tell you something about the quality of the woman there.

He went from Player to Simp, Hos on speed dial to Jimmy Johns, From HBO to Oxygen.

As for MI, MI3 is still the weakest by a country mile. It's dull and largely forgetful. Even MI2 as bad as it was, has a few great scenes and ridiculous fun. MI3 is barely recognizable from the other 20 action films that come out every year.

For rankings.

MI:RN > MI > MI:GP > MI:2 >>>>>> MI3

kswiston

You know that we have entered the slow box office period when you guys spend a page fighting over Mission Impossible movies when nothing remotely related to Mission Impossible in even in theatres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom