• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Rise of Iron Launches September 20th (PS4/XB1), lots of details leak

So one new area.
One new strike.
One new raid.
And a new social space?

This isn't sounding like more content than TTK so far.

At least since Halo CE, I think that all Bungie has ever made are 30fps games.
Correct.

Sounds like new area on earth. Probably the size of the current area/dreadnuaght.

Fallen Mutants sound like Taken. Some sort of modified Fallen models and AI.

New social space will need a differentiation like Tower for vanguard/crucible and Reef for POE/Trials. This new space is likely connected to the new crucible mode.

Hopefully new crucible mode means custom games. Mode implies something of a higher level change then a new game type. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

5YkHO1q.png

k7qaOoc.jpg

From Xbox.com.

Yoooo new zone and a new enemy faction?

OK time to get hype

Agreed, but I also don't really see much point to the social zones either, unless you're aiming to pair up with randoms. It's usually just a bunch of people standing around decrypting engrams, or dancing, or jumping off the world over and over.

I've never really understood the point except to have a hub where you maintain your character, but there's nothing necessarily social about that either. We certainly don't need 3 of basically the same version of that.

I don't know. I like that it allows new NPCS and stuff. I remember reading that they removed some of the robot helpers in the tower to make more vault space. I think that shit is beyond repair.

if they drop last gen, they dont have to worry about the tower and can leave that game in its TTK state for them and have all the new stuff happen in the new area?

Yeah, I'll just echo the sentiments of approval over dropping PS3/360. They were awesome, but their time has passed and it's time for owners to move on. Playing Destiny on those systems is a horrible experience anyway.

Now about the expand, only one strike will be made? That's honestly rather surprising and low. I thought they would be 4 at least. Though it seems like we'll finally get Fallen Raid and the Cabal Raid would be next year, spring perhaps? Excited to see more.

So one new area.
One new strike.
One new raid.
And a new social space?

This isn't sounding like more content than TTK so far.

Sounds the same as Taken king except strikes. New story campaign, new zone, new gear...about the same, hope the new area is big though.

Agreed, but I also don't really see much point to the social zones period either, unless you're aiming to pair up with randoms. It's usually just a bunch of people standing around decrypting engrams, or dancing, or jumping off the world over and over.

I've never really understood the point except to have a hub where you maintain your character, but there's nothing necessarily social about that either. We certainly don't need 3 of basically the same version of that.

I dunno, one area is good, people do meet up there with randoms, good way to try on new gear and shaders and such. Place for NPC's.

GhaleonEB

5YkHO1q.png

k7qaOoc.jpg

From Xbox.com.

"new strike" - singular, sounds odd, since TTK shipped with four and remixes of several others. But a new zone and faction sounds good to me. Guessing this is called a "zone" rather than "destination" because it's set in a current destination (Earth?).

Not sure why we need a third social space, though. The Reef is neat but it has always felt redundant in functionality to the Tower; hopefully it's packed with kiosks so we don't have to hop across three social spaces.

Excited to get back into Destiny when this drops.

Will it be free like the devs said? due to microtransactions or is it another case of dlc being sold for the same price as a full game again?

well seems like it requires TTK so i'm out.

I never said otherwise? They never said it would be bigger, but other then strikes it is the exactly same amount of content on paper, not knowing how big the new area is and how long the story is.

You are excluding strikes for what reason? That is apart of the content, no?
How is that exactly the same amount of content?

Moa

Will it be free like the devs said? due to microtransactions or is it another case of dlc being sold for the same price as a full game again?

The developers never said future content would be free.

Theorry

That was for the events that already happened. And a article said that. Not Bungie.
And its probably going to be 40 bucks. So not like a full game.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So one raid and one strike? I really doubt there's one strike. Destiny raids are always fascinating so I'm down for it, hoping most of my friends get the DLC too.

I wonder what they'll price it at... Gut feeling says $40.

Kyoufu

They've never sold DLC for the price of a full game. They had free content updates during Year 2.

The developers never once said content would be free. They implied a LIVE team that would do free events and gaming sites decided to spread that rumor as free DLC.

GhaleonEB

Again, you implied it was supposed to have more content than TTK. That was never going to be the case. Most rumors pointed to something bigger than the Year 1 expansions, but smaller than TTK.

Also worth noting that TTK was a bit undersold in terms of its content, though we did know about its strike count. Bungie is in a mode to under promise and hopefully over deliver. (The Taken War / missions were not detailed prior to launch.) We'll know more tomorrow, hopefully.

MT are for the live team that made Crimson Days, Halloween thing, sparrow racing and April Update. This is bigger than all those combined.

TTK expansion was $40, so not the full price of game.

You are excluding strikes for what reason? That is apart of the content, no?
How is that exactly the same amount of content?

I didn't exclude strikes lol. I explicitly mentioned it actually. I also never said same amount, I said close. But if the new area is bigger and there are more story missions....it would offset the 3 strikes no? Should not make assumptions. I just said it's not far off TKK, never said the same....

Top Bottom