• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Homicide plunges further into insanity - Sues Steam users

So glad Valve took action, this kind of shit cannot, must not be tolerated at any cost. I really hope other storefronts take notice of this too.

wPtX4zW.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41LRTWJttts

TEAM KILL

HEHHEEHHEHE

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Oh my.

This should make for a fairly entertaining Jimquisition next week.
Unlike Romine, Sterling has an attorney who, I'm fairly certain, would drive to his house in Mississippi from Arizona just to slap the mic out of his hand if he even considered covering this while his lawsuit is ongoing.

Primus

Oh my.

He won't talk about this, not while his own lawsuit is pending.

Once that's been thrown out (and it will, it's inevitable), then we'll be in store for an epic, epic treat.

The sooner the case is dismissed and we get that Jimquisition, the better. This is pure entertainment
only to be made better if Digital Homicide responds to Valve soon, heh heh

Primus

This is pure entertainment
only to be made better if Digital Homicide responds to Valve soon, heh heh

Wouldn't surprise me if Romine is filing the suit against Valve directly right now. I'm betting that the entire point of this little John/Jane Doe fishing expedition was so that DigiHom would have cause (in their crazy world) to sue Valve themselves.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Via TechRaptor:

Update:
Valve has responded to our question, confirming that they did delist the games. This was what Doug Lombardi of Valve had to say:
Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers.

Primus

Via TechRaptor:

Update:
Valve has responded to our question, confirming that they did delist the games. This was what Doug Lombardi of Valve had to say:
Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. That's a Randy Savage elbow drop off the top ropes at Wrestlemania level of rekt.

DrArchon

Via TechRaptor:

Update:

I'm betting that DigiHom tries a couple more times to get games up on Steam through shell companies and fake names, but this is still great news.

Via TechRaptor:

Update:

DH literally commited suicide as a company. Now they are gonna double down on getting every penny from those lawsuits, which I really hope cost them more that they actually can get from them.

Fury451

Banned
These guys are really just disgusting at this point.

Glad to see Valve step up on them and get rid of their garbage. I'm sure they'll try to get back with a different company to peddle more garbage

This is actually a really interesting case for Valve. They'll almost definitely fight the subpoena, but if they lost, would they pay the legal fees for the customers being sued in the subpoena? Seems crazy that a negative Steam review could open you up to a lawsuit.

Bouniter

Wow these guy these guys are truly a level beyond stupid and deserve everything they set themselves up for.

P.S copious amounts of laughter.

Accoun

Oh my.

I can imagine Jim releasing a heavy sigh as he moves the ARK episode until next week again.
Although I think he doesn't do videos on them during the time of the process, so who knows?

Digital Homicide just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Steam culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by suing everyone. If you sue someone over in Steam, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Doug Lombardi, after hearing about this, is not going to want to publish any of Digital Homicide games, nor will the public buy any of their games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Digital Homicide has alienated an entire market with this move.

DH, publicly apologize to Jim fucking Sterling son, Doug and GabeN, and cancel all games from Steam, or/and you can kiss your business goodbye.

*toasts glass of milk*

NeOak

Digital Homicide just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Steam culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by suing everyone. If you sue someone over in Steam, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Doug Lombardi, after hearing about this, is not going to want to publish any of Digital Homicide games, nor will the public buy any of their games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Digital Homicide has alienated an entire market with this move.

DH, publicly apologize to Sterling and GabeN, and cancel all games from Steam, or you can kiss your business goodbye.

*toasts glass of milk*

3/10

too forced

Gattsu25

Banned
Well, good on Valve for standing up for their customers.

They should also assist the 100 customers that have been targeted by this... company.

Well, good on Valve for standing up for their customers.

They should also assist the 100 customers that have been targeted by this... company.

Since the brothers already payed all the service fees yesterday and the lawsuit is in course, I really hope Valve stands up and offers at least legal advice for their affected customers.

Wallach

your honor, this "wallach" character called us "stupid clownshoes motherfuckers" on the internet, clearly working on behalf of mister sterling and his conspiracy to slander our good name

Via TechRaptor:

Update:

That's what I get for being wary. Now hand me some of that victory wine to wash down my crow.

I can imagine Jim releasing a heavy sigh as he moves the ARK episode until next week again.
Although I think he doesn't do videos on them during the time of the process, so who knows?

Jim's not going to do his DigiHom Spectacular until his own lawsuit is thrown out, though he might make a vague reference to all this at the beginning of his next video.

Top Bottom