• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Downtown Los Angeles Bar Crawl - March 16, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

1yZto.jpg

Meet Your Hosts: Seth, Spaten, and Jess

HUOvl.jpg
wiR0P.jpg
nYBzF.jpg

The Crawl

ohMHl.png

#1 Public School 612

Xqprt.png
TB8b0.png

Site: http://www.publicschool612.com/
Menu: http://www.publicschool612.com/wp-content/uploads/PS-Web-Menu-022012.pdf

6th & Flower Street
Downtown Los Angeles
(213) 623-1172

#2 Casey's Irish Pub

THdnp.jpg
EGLh8.jpg

Site: http://213nightlife.com/caseysirishpub
Menu: http://213nightlife.com/menus/MenuCaseysDrinks.pdf

613 S. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 629-2353

#3 Seven Grand

LBMy1.jpg
q2SiH.jpg

Site: http://213nightlife.com/sevengrand
Menu: http://213nightlife.com/menus/MenuSevenGrand.pdf

515 W. 7th St.
Second Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90014
(213) 614-0736

#4 Golden Gopher

77sYQ.jpg
I9Juw.jpg

Site: http://213nightlife.com/goldengopher
Menu: Beer List / Drinks List

417 W. Eighth St.
Los Angeles, CA 90014
(213) 614-8001[/QUOTE]

(This list does not have to be complete. Have somewhere we should go along the route? Post in the thread!)

When? March 16, 2012 7pm to March 17, 2012 ??am (or no one is left standing)

Why? Because beer is good for you.

Who is invited? Everyone!

We will be adding more information, bars, and details as the date approaches. Please posts in the thread if you plan to come. Some of the bars are small, so if the group grows beyond 12 or so we may have to split up from time to time. We will definitely find a way to make it work and make sure everyone gets to hang out.

By the end of the night I hope to see at least one of you looking like this:

1H0NK.jpg

4:35pm Update: Happy hour pre-game is taking place at Urbano (corner of Hope and 6th, beside Library Bar) starting at 5pm. Anyone who would like to join us is welcome. Beer is $4 and pizzas half price until 7pm. Get your carbs in to help absorb the alcohol.

If you're definitely in (confirmed) or interested (a maybe), do shout out.

Beer Wenches and Wenchers(?): Confirmed

Seth C. (Host) (Our drunk guide)
H.Protagonist (Host) (Just got drunk)
Iceman (Our sober guide)
Clearacell (*voted most likely to be wandering about with a flask and limes)
Magna_Mixalis (Braved a meetup and lived to tell the tale)
the highlight (Dat asian glow)
Fidelis (Cuddled with a man in a Denny's booth. Liked it.)
ValiantBeerDrinkingEffort_Boy (Made a valiant effort)
fresh air (Does not look like his avatar)
Phthisis (Giver of the gold frying plan)
CFMOORE! (*voted most likely to get in the wrong car and puke)
lunchtoast (*kissed a bro. Feels conflicted)
Puddles (Aged a year overnight)
Quadrophenic (Was seriously drunk, very seriously)
polyh3dron (Spoiling for some UFC)
Nintendoll (What happened in the photo booth we may never know...)
dyls (Captured the Frogger shenanigans)
Teddman (Had a hat too cool for SEVEN Grand)
Ermac (Not even broken bones could keep him away)

Depressingly Sober: MIA

StopMakingSense
Verano
Xal-Shoota
ryutaro's mama
Ravidrath
bluemax
Feep (too much cosplay partying)
esai
vicktormerv
DemiMatt (forgot about us)
doitlive (stomach fail)

UPS delivery
SteveWinwood (*toes only)(rotted)

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Ahh, the lovely Seven Grand. I do believe I still have drink tokens from the last time I visited.

hrm on the 16th huh... i think i can do this.

never been to 7 Grand (or any bars downtown for that matter save Edison) but it seems cool.

DemiMatt

Needs more bars to crawl to.

I just did Down & Out, Spring Street, that vodka bar, Seven Grand, then Golden Gopher the other night. Was alot of fun, but the problem is DTLA isn't group friendly. We had 16 people, mostly girls and places were just set to capacity. So I would suggest keep that in mind, Samo or South Bay beaches may be better to Pub Crawl too.

Iceman

I can't help with the imbibing but I'd be happy to do a crawl with you guys. If anything, I'll be good for dousing any incidental fires and egging people on.

Seth C

There's Spaten Bier in LA? Mind blown.

Of that I cannot guarantee. I took the picture of the Spaten (an Oktoberfest and an Optimator) at Cincinnati's Oktoberfest last year. I just wanted a good picture of delicious beers in large containers. The Standard downtown does have a nice Beer Garden now, but I don't know which beers they serve.

I am already there, ready to do a repeat of E3.

Knew I could count on you, David!

Clydefrog

Wish I could go but I’ll be driving out to Vegas that day for a weekend-long bachelor party. I hope to make it back alive.

Damn it. I'll be so close to all the action. My apartment building is on that map in the OP. I turn 21 in June. Bar crawl pt. 2 this summer? :)

Needs more bars to crawl to.

I just did Down & Out, Spring Street, that vodka bar, Seven Grand, then Golden Gopher the other night. Was alot of fun, but the problem is DTLA isn't group friendly. We had 16 people, mostly girls and places were just set to capacity. So I would suggest keep that in mind, Samo or South Bay beaches may be better to Pub Crawl too.

DT places are on the small side for capacity, but we set the starting time fairly early (DT doesn't usually seem to pick up until 10 on) to hopefully offset some of this. Don't remember how big GG is, but Public, Casey's and 7 Grand can definitely manage at least groups of 20. We'll see how it goes. Would love to claim 7 Grand's pool tables as our own. ;)

I can't help with the imbibing but I'd be happy to do a crawl with you guys. If anything, I'll be good for dousing any incidental fires and egging people on.

Iceman! Was hoping you'd RSVP, and we could definitely use some clearer heads to keep us from lighting too many things on fire.

Excellent, fire dousing skills.

DT may survive just yet. ;)

Dear Mistress Bottlehead,

Color me there. If anyone is in the South Bay/Torrance area and wants to carpool, PM me.

Hope you're ready for a late night, my friend. If you drop after 3 beers I WILL draw on your face.

Damn it. I'll be so close to all the action. My apartment building is on that map in the OP. I turn 21 in June. Bar crawl pt. 2 this summer? :)

No one you can borrow an ID from? I remember you missed out on the KBBQ too. :(

dyls

I'm at Disney Hall until 5 so it's perfect. I'm a strong maybe. I've been meaning to catch up with one of these LA meet-ups.

DemiMatt

DT places are on the small side for capacity, but we set the starting time fairly early (DT doesn't usually seem to pick up until 10 on) to hopefully offset some of this. Don't remember how big GG is, but Public, Casey's and 7 Grand can definitely manage at least groups of 20. We'll see how it goes. Would love to claim 7 Grand's pool tables as our own. ;)

(

If you guys did do 7 Grand you'd have to camp out there for the night. On weekends lines start up around 10p which is insane.

Golden Gopher could accommodate but it'l be cramped in there

|Either way I'm usually in DTLA one way or another so I'll stop by.

Seth C

If you guys did do 7 Grand you'd have to camp out there for the night. On weekends lines start up around 10p which is insane.

Golden Gopher could accommodate but it'l be cramped in there

|Either way I'm usually in DTLA one way or another so I'll stop by.

I'll be hanging out in DTLA from June 6 to 20, with no work and no plans other than whatever trouble I manage for myself. If you want to get drinks another time shoot me a PM.

Takes about 20+ minutes to get to DT not counting the godawful traffic, but then it's extremely tempting just to do so just for the opportunity to hang out with GAF. I've missed out on the KBBQ so I don't want to miss another one.

Maaaybe.

Will one of these places have free wi-fi? This is important to whether or not I carry around my laptop for tinychat goodness. If all else fails I'll try to use that ustream android app for a little bit

I expect drunk texts and updates from everyone who has my number.

Done.

Takes about 20+ minutes to get to DT not counting the godawful traffic, but then it's extremely tempting just to do so just for the opportunity to hang out with GAF. I've missed out on the KBBQ so I don't want to miss another one.

Maaaybe.

Some of us are coming up from Torrance by BUS for this, don'tcha know. If I can stomach a 2hr hobo shuffle up to DT using mass transit, you can take that 20 min trip. ;)

Will one of these places have free wi-fi? This is important to whether or not I carry around my laptop for tinychat goodness. If all else fails I'll try to use that ustream android app for a little bit

Some of them might, but I'm not sure it's advisable for you to bring your laptop, especially because 1) you're going to be drinking, 2) we'll be moving around quite a bit, 3) bars are not the safest of places for delicate equipment in terms of spills, bangs and potential thieves. Just film the whole thing on your cam like last time. :)

.la1n

I can also take video clips with the trusty phone. You know, just in case.

mwahaha

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Some of us are coming up from Torrance by BUS for this, don'tcha know. If I can stomach a 2hr hobo shuffle up to DT using mass transit, you can take that 20 min trip. ;)

You guys have more balls than all of male-GAF from LA-GAF except me HP plus crew. :D

Anyways, put me down as a maybe. I wanna drink with all yous but I wanna drive back. Transit sucks at night and there's no service to where my Im headin back to. So my car is my primary transportation from and to the bar crawl.

Some of them might, but I'm not sure it's advisable for you to bring your laptop, especially because 1) you're going to be drinking, 2) we'll be moving around quite a bit, 3) bars are not the safest of places for delicate equipment in terms of spills, bangs and potential thieves. Just film the whole thing on your cam like last time. :)

Yeah I got a feeling I"ll forget my laptop somewhere along the way. We'll have to figure out something good for our fellow RPGaffers though, I got some ideas floating around in my head.

.la1n is gonna be there :eek:

That's right and it is our duty to show him a good time
and of upmost importance, get him to be white girl drunk by 10 PM in order to maximize the gif hilarity potential

I'm coming in by car and my insurance guys already aren't happy with the multiple at-fault car accidents that I've been in recently. Yeah, that's my (rather poor) excuse. :p

You guys have more balls ovaries than all of male-GAF from LA-GAF except me HP plus crew. :D

Anyways, put me down as a maybe. I wanna drink with all yous but I wanna drive back. Transit sucks at night and there's no service to where my Im headin back to. So my car is my primary transportation from and to the bar crawl.

Fixed it for ya. :D And, as per the driving part, definitely want people to be safe and ticket free, so no need to get blitzed. There's no pressure for this, so drink as much as you feel comfortable with. Really. We're just all out to have a good time, so space out your (few) beers, eat a heavy meal, and I'm sure we'll find you plenty of other car buddies to walk around with if more sobering up is required.

I'll probably drive to. Hopefully, park in a safe place to sleep it off. Though I probably won't drink much. Tight budget and all.

We'll find you some cheap beer options, doitlive. Eat heavy at home, and if you need a bacon-wrapped hotdog later but your wallet is feeling the pain, it's on me. ;)

Also, PM Magna_Mixalis about carpooling. He's in our area and I'll vouch for him as being not too weird. ;)
J/K. I know him, he's cool.

dammit, I just remembered Ill be in chicago that weekend. Damn the fates!!!

Cursed fates!

I'm coming in by car and my insurance guys already aren't happy with the multiple at-fault car accidents that I've been in recently. Yeah, that's my (rather poor) excuse. :p

Yeesh. Is there anyone you can carpool with? That might minimize your vehicular risk.

Awww yeah, my body is ready.

Aw, yeah! Fidelis! Cheers, man!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I'll probably drive to. Hopefully, park in a safe place to sleep it off. Though I probably won't drink much. Tight budget and all.

thats what I was thinking about. and yeah I wont drink as much as everyone else but I'll try to have 1 or 2 drinks at each location.

anyways...I've never parked in DTLA during evening/overnight time...so anyone know whats a good spot (parking place)?

Fixed it for ya. :D And, as per the driving part, definitely want people to be safe and ticket free, so no need to get blitzed. There's no pressure for this, so drink as much as you feel comfortable with. Really. We're just all out to have a good time, so space out your (few) beers, eat a heavy meal, and I'm sure we'll find you plenty of other car buddies to walk around with if more sobering up is required.

sounds good.

.la1n

Yeah I got a feeling I"ll forget my laptop somewhere along the way. We'll have to figure out something good for our fellow RPGaffers though, I got some ideas floating around in my head.

That's right and it is our duty to show him a good time
and of upmost importance, get him to be white girl drunk by 10 PM in order to maximize the gif hilarity potential

Haha bring it, I accept your challenge.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
While not entirely group friendly, I recommend Cole's since it has the intimate speakeasy that stays open even later than their bar.

Fidelis I shall challenge you and puddles to pool. I got a new partner this time (I highly doubt my last partner will be showing up to this) so hopefully we can give you two a challenge.

Are you ready to lose in pool again? Where's my puddles at?? We got this on lock down.

I will be ready this time! I play best when I'm actually drunk. ;)

Ugh,trying to outdo East-Gaf? we will get so drunk the cops will arrest us!

I'm hoping for no arrests, but looking at the guest list it's going to hard to avoid, I think.

I'd like to come but I'm afraid other Gaffers might be afraid of me after I've made some risqué posts.

Now I'm both curious and afraid to look through your posting history. Surely it can't be worse than anything Magna_Mixalis has posted. Surely... O_O

While not entirely group friendly, I recommend Cole's since it has the intimate speakeasy that stays open even later than their bar.

Varnish doesn't even like parties of 4. I'd say we'll be avoiding that area despite the delicious sandwiches and cocktails.

Fidelis I shall challenge you and puddles to pool. I got a new partner this time (I highly doubt my last partner will be showing up to this) so hopefully we can give you two a challenge.

:( I have no partner... Seth! Do you play pool? (tell me you play pool!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom