• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genei Ibunroku #FE website update (18th December) - Extra skill etc.

Extra skill video introduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkEu0w8wGmY

3 types
- Ad-lib performance
pic06_l.jpg
- Special performance
- Duo arts

Other character page updated with Chikaomi Tsurugi which was revealed in this week's Famitsu
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/character/others.html#c_tsurugi

Battle page updated with Enemies & Extra skills
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/system/battle.html#enemy

Staff blog post (scenario writers)
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/blog/vol035.html

Also recorded stuff from yesterday's stream
Ok, so...

Tsubasa Oribe x Kiria (sorry for the extremely poor quality... I mean worse than usual ;__; Try to avoid watching it at full screen if possible)

Various tidbits

Yup, that's all the non-talking stuff from the livestream :p
I traveled to Japan so I could capture better footage of that duet video.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ii6be_genei-ibun-roku-fe-tsubasa-x-kiria-duet_videogames

Still grainy as hell, but that's Niconico for ya.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Who's the second scenario writer? The first seems to be Yoh Haduki (Langrisser, Growlanser, Devil Survivor 1, Radiant Historia).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Makoto Miyauchi.. no idea who that is tbh
Miyauchi is handling the side story writing based on the blog post

Thanks. I don't know who that is either though heh. New blood at Atlus? I wonder how big the team is, we know several of the Devil Survivor and Radiant Historia guys are working on this but I guess a console game like this might require a bit more hands.

This Shin Megami X Fire Emblem but we don't call it that anymore, right?

Why is there a bikini lady?

Yeah, it's now a weird idol/pop star SMT/Persona mash up, with summonable FE spirit guides the the characters can also fuse with and it's fucking nuts basically.

As for the bikinis, well the same reason there's ladies wearing them in music videos pretty much I'd guess. Same for the other outfits that look insanely impractical but super eye catching that they wear.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I don't even like Jpop...

I'll buy because I like Fire Emblem and I hear good things about Atlus.

Have I made a huge mistake?

FluxWaveZ

I really like that Kiria and Tsubasa duet performance.

F9OhapW.gif

Makes me look forward to seeing how Avex Group did with other in-game performances. Maybe they'll actually be neat to watch instead of segments I'd want to skip.

ohlawd

I don't even like Jpop...

I'll buy because I like Fire Emblem and I hear good things about Atlus.

Have I made a huge mistake?

Atlus is the same company that made two fun high school simulator games

give them the benefit of the doubt. what's the worst that could happen? you bought a game with cute girls

Sakura

Do we know how big of a download it will be?
I cancelled my preorder so I could buy it digitally. Probably have to delete Xenoblade for it.

HGH

Banned
Sure beats the twerking that seems to be all the rage on TV these days.
Sölf;189743384 said:
This just looks better and better. But for the love of god, please include dual audio! ;____;
After XenoX and Atlus' track record with SMT/Persona, I wouldn't put much stock there.

Do we know how big of a download it will be?
I cancelled my preorder so I could buy it digitally. Probably have to delete Xenoblade for it.

the game itself is 12GB according to site
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/20010000020370#buy
but you need 16.6GB to be able to download it
https://twitter.com/Sab_Mas/status/674418092471005184

Okay, I ordered two copies of the Fortissimo Edition. Moderately excited.
not surprised, coming from you :p

Sakura

Shun

The OT will be up in less than a week to clear up any information and misconceptions you may have about the game!

Characters have 3 forms to them and you're able to change their outfit used in their idol form. Their Carnage Form is much better and is used in battle with their Mirages.

Despite the idol aesthetic, it is there as a motif and means to drive the game. There is much more depth to the characters and story outside of idols.

The idols encompass several aspects of the entertainment industry as well from singing, to dancing, to acting, to variety shows, and more.

I hope the OT will help.

llehuty

Sure beats the twerking that seems to be all the rage on TV these days.

After XenoX and Atlus' track record with SMT/Persona, I wouldn't put much stock there.

I would actually be surprised if they even bother dubbing this game in the west, taking into account the musical aspect of it and the probably limited appeal in the west. I would be ok with it getting released as an English subbed eShop game with small limited edition physical release.

Kouriozan

I would actually be surprised if they even bother dubbing this game in the west, taking into account the musical aspect of it and the probably limited appeal in the west. I would be ok with it getting released as an English subbed eShop game with small limited edition physical release.
Treehouse said at E3 it'll be hard to do a the dubs because of the musics so yeah, it's gonna happen.

Are you talking about the songs or the fame as a whole? There's absolutely no way Nintendo would do a localization without an English dub. Even a company as small as XSEED still manages to provide a quality english cast to their games, I expect no less from a billion dollar corporation like Nintendo

Edit: beaten to the punch

llehuty

Treehouse said at E3 it'll be hard to do a the dubs because of the musics so yeah, it's gonna happen.

Are you talking about the songs or the fame as a whole? There's absolutely no way Nintendo would do a localization without an English dub. Even a company as small as XSEED still manages to provide a quality english cast to their games, I expect no less from a billion dollar corporation like Nintendo

Edit: beaten to the punch

So they are dubbing it, but not the songs? A good compromise, I guess...

Draxal

They're dubbing the songs but were complaining about how difficult it would be. Just like how they dubbed the Fire Emblem Fates/If song which they made sound passable (as shown in the Corrin trailer).

Akhe

JAPAN, for the love of God...BUY this GAME Plssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:
Atlus, dual audio ok?

FluxWaveZ

JAPAN, for the love of God...BUY this GAME Plssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:
Atlus, dual audio ok?

Again, not Atlus' responsibility; Nintendo's. Plus, yesterday's Performa Festival live stream being region locked reminded me that Avex Group would probably make licensing the Japanese vocals for their music a more complicated affair than Nintendo just flipping a switch.

also

Banned
Thanks. I don't know who that is either though heh. New blood at Atlus? I wonder how big the team is, we know several of the Devil Survivor and Radiant Historia guys are working on this but I guess a console game like this might require a bit more hands.

Woah, I had no idea. I don't care for the idol and fanservice stuff but DeSu was amazing. I will definitely keep an eye out for this game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Again, not Atlus' responsibility; Nintendo's. Plus, yesterday's Performa Festival live stream being region locked reminded me that Avex Group would probably make licensing the Japanese vocals for their music a more complicated affair than Nintendo just flipping a switch.

Didn't know they had the concert, was there a big turnout?

FluxWaveZ

Lunar15

The idol aspect of the game doesn't appeal to me, but the themes of it are pretty well baked into the game. The combat looks solid, the art style is pleasing, the characters seem interesting, so I'm willing to give it a shot. It's a super competent developer, I think they'll have the chops to make this fun despite the elements that don't appeal to me.

The OT will be up in less than a week to clear up any information and misconceptions you may have about the game!

Characters have 3 forms to them and you're able to change their outfit used in their idol form. Their Carnage Form is much better and is used in battle with their Mirages.

Despite the idol aesthetic, it is there as a motif and means to drive the game. There is much more depth to the characters and story outside of idols.

The idols encompass several aspects of the entertainment industry as well from singing, to dancing, to acting, to variety shows, and more.

I hope the OT will help.

I just really love how they went all the way with the theme. Notice how you can see each character's autograph when spells are performed in battle too. So much attention to detail and nuances.

Lunar15

I just really love how they went all the way with the theme. Notice how you can see each character's autograph when spells are performed in battle too. So much attention to detail and nuances.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Like I said, i'm not interested in that stuff at all, but their devotion to it in all aspects, like how the battle system itself is a performance, is actually kind of interesting.

The fact that one of the characters wants to be a sentai hero is pretty appealing, though.

Jiraiza

F9OhapW.gif

Makes me look forward to seeing how Avex Group did with other in-game performances. Maybe they'll actually be neat to watch instead of segments I'd want to skip.

I wonder how far into the game this is. This is going to be fun watching on a 55" TV.

wheeplash

F9OhapW.gif

I like that Kiria's moves are clearly more refined and strong (experienced). Dat attention to detail, they could've just reused assets.

Shahed

Is Genei Ibunroku the official title of the game? Because I can never keep track of it and only managed here by Copy & Paste. Every other thread I refer to it I have to do so by the old SMTxFE since I can never remember the name

Lunar15

Is Genei Ibunroku the official title of the game? Because I can never keep track of it and only managed here by Copy & Paste. Every other thread I refer to it I have to do so by the old SMTxFE since I can never remember the name

We'll definitely get a localized name at some point.

FluxWaveZ

They couldn't use the placeholder SMTxFE name anymore, so the English title was changed to the placeholder "Genei Ibun Roku #FE", which is also the official Japanese title. There is still not a final English name for the game yet.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Like I said, i'm not interested in that stuff at all, but their devotion to it in all aspects, like how the battle system itself is a performance, is actually kind of interesting.

The fact that one of the characters wants to be a sentai hero is pretty appealing, though.

It's the show/entertainment business in general, not just idols necessarily, which is great that they're really accounting/integrating all factors of the scene.

They could pull a Stella Glow, but performances are literally central stage in this game and it could be quite a jarring thing. Or do we want to be subjected to dubbed singing.

Seik

Banned
I was really hyped for this game at first, the concept itself seemed awesome.

Unfortunately it took a wrong step (to me, I know a lot of people dig this stuff). I expected a really darker game without all that idol Jpop stuff.

Will wait for reviews, if it ends up being a legit good JRPG I'll dive in.

Top Bottom