• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genei Ibunroku #FE website update (18th December) - Extra skill etc.

Sölf;189743384 said:
This just looks better and better. But for the love of god, please include dual audio! ;____;

The only thing that kills my hype for this game is that it will most likely be dub only. If they dub the songs it's all over.

Vex_

Banned
I really like that Kiria and Tsubasa duet performance.

F9OhapW.gif

Makes me look forward to seeing how Avex Group did with other in-game performances. Maybe they'll actually be neat to watch instead of segments I'd want to skip.

Uhhhhmm.. anyone else noticing the cloth physics here? That's fucking incredible. Is this real time? I wasnt aware the wiiu could do this like...that.

EDIT: yup watched vid. impressive. May get a wiiu for this.

Uhhhhmm.. anyone else noticing the cloth physics here? That's fucking incredible. Is this real time? I wasnt aware the wiiu could do this like...that.

It's a prerendered cutscene unfortunately (done by the same studio that did the Fire Emblem Awakening cutscenes) But still, the mocap and choreography is fantastic.

Lunar15

I hope so otherwise a lot of people will dismiss or forget about the game so easily. While I'm not keen on the idol stuff, I do still want to play this and hope it does well

I honestly have no idea how they're going to localize it. It's going to have to be something pretty different. I'm not sure you can really use #FE (Sharp FE) in a title over here, but I also think "Illusory Revelations" is something else that would get dropped. That said, if you drop #FE, you lose the musical aspect of the title. They're gonna have to put some thought into it, that's for sure.

Vex_

Banned
It's a prerendered cutscene unfortunately (done by the same studio that did the Fire Emblem Awakening cutscenes) But still, the mocap and choreography is fantastic.

yea, just looked at a GAMEPLAY vid. awww :( was bout to say, DAYUM!

Still think it looks cool gameplay wise tho. Might still get.

Draxal

Performa would be the obvious choice.

How many dub actors have we seen that have actually performed in a recent game if at all?

I thought Reba Strober did a decent enough job with Azura's song in Corrin's smash trailer ... which I thought couldn't be done. If Treehouse can get this done right it will be a feather in their cap.

Lunar15

Performa would be the obvious choice.

I thought Reba Strober did a decent enough job with Azura's song in Corrin's smash trailer ... which I thought couldn't be done. If Treehouse can get this done right it will be a feather in their cap.

I've thought about Performa, but I'm not exactly convinced. I think we might actually get Mirage in the title, since that more eloquently describes the idea of an "Illusory Revelation".

Is Genei Ibunroku the official title of the game? Because I can never keep track of it and only managed here by Copy & Paste. Every other thread I refer to it I have to do so by the old SMTxFE since I can never remember the name

Try #FE, works every time.

Ninjimbo

I like Performa as a title, but wouldn't it make the Persona connection too obvious? I don't really want this game compared to that franchise especially with how big it's gotten.

As an aside, this is very much a game that I would like to see have a Japanese option. I have no problems playing with dubs but for this game it sort of feels necessary to play it in Japanese.

I hope this gets a great reception.

demonkaze

So i'm gonna get this digitally when it comes out. Should I get a Nintendo card from play-asia (or anywhere better?) in advance or will I be able to get one on the 26th?

So i'm gonna get this digitally when it comes out. Should I get a Nintendo card from play-asia (or anywhere better?) in advance or will I be able to get one on the 26th?

you can use almost all non-JP debit/credit cards on JP eshop, so no need to buy overpriced eshop credit from there or any other place lol

HGH

Banned
How many dub actors have we seen that have actually performed in a recent game if at all? I know Vee does covers etc in the day (maybe she still does) but the rest?
Vee released an original single or album last week so yeah she's still at it.

Personally I'd like to see them get, say, actors from musicals, but that would require actual effort and money.

Do we know how big of a download it will be?
I cancelled my preorder so I could buy it digitally. Probably have to delete Xenoblade for it.

I had to delete Xenoblade X as well.
Oh well.

What I really need to do, is watch all those videos showing the game's mechanics.
I saw none of them so far, and when I see some random gameplay video, I feel there are a millions things going on at once.

Anyway, the game's one my WiiU since a few days now and in one week's time we'll be playing it <3

Mbrill82

Man I really hope this game actually comes out in English. I'm just afraid that in the time it takes to get translated the Wii U will totally cease to matter to NOA and they won't deem it worth the effort to release.

Sakura

Man I really hope this game actually comes out in English. I'm just afraid that in the time it takes to get translated the Wii U will totally cease to matter to NOA and they won't deem it worth the effort to release.

I can't imagine they'd spend money translating it, dubbing it, and then decide not to release it.

Scoops

Banned

Cloth physics selling WiiU's...

I like that Kiria's moves are clearly more refined and strong (experienced). Dat attention to detail, they could've just reused assets.

I stare at the gif for a few minutes to notice the difference. (I am not good at noticing these things) Oh my God, this attention to detail is amazing. Thank you for bringing this up.

Akhe

Again, not Atlus' responsibility; Nintendo's. Plus, yesterday's Performa Festival live stream being region locked reminded me that Avex Group would probably make licensing the Japanese vocals for their music a more complicated affair than Nintendo just flipping a switch.

Yeah, this part worries me deeply

Top Bottom