• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Daze [Vita] TGS Trailer

madmaxx350 said:
gravity.png

"What? You mean... you might not buy a Vita?"

semiconscious said:
i played this game called metal gear solid: peace walker that had comic book cutscenes, & i thought they were pretty good actually :) ...
the comic book cutscenes is different though, it is actually use comic panel, similar to how you read comic book files on psp. peace walker is very dynamic animation even though it use still pictures. I don't think gravity daze comics have any animation at all. also, I think not all dialog are voiced either

Callibretto said:
the comic book cutscenes is different though, it is actually use comic panel, similar to how you read comic book files on psp. peace walker is very dynamic animation even though it use still pictures. I don't think gravity daze comics have any animation at all. also, I think not all dialog are voiced either

well, i'm not sure they necessarily have to be identical in order to be adequately satisfactory/enjoyable. & everything else about the game certainly looks nice enough for me to think they likely will :) ...

StuBurns

Banned
madmaxx350 said:
It doesn't look that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=caERlyLm6Sw

here's a vid of it, starts at around 6:50, watch in 720p
Ummm, that video made me more disappointed with the cutscenes, the animation of the game is Team ICO quality. All the more reason I'd prefer the story sections to be normal in-game style.

As I said though, it's not a big deal or anything, I just wasn't aware. Thanks for the link though, great video.

StuBurns said:
Ummm, that video made me more disappointed with the cutscenes, the animation of the game is Team ICO quality. All the more reason I'd prefer the story sections to be normal in-game style.

As I said though, it's not a big deal or anything, I just wasn't aware. Thanks for the link though, great video.
from that short video, which is the beginning of the game, the comic is mainly used for conversation, where the character don't exactly move much. you still got traditional cutscenes for action scenes, like when the main character transforming and flying head on to the blue glowing chick.

StuBurns said:
I've not read anything about it really, just seen trailers and screenshots. If the cutscenes were in an older trailer I must have forgotten, or missed the trailer itself.

It's not a big deal, but it's a pet peeve of mine.

The cutscenes are a mixture of comic book and ingame cutscenes
The comic book ones are quite cool actually, you can rotate the vita from side to side and the characters pop out of the boxes in like a 3D effect, it's really neat
edit: I should read the thread before I post :lol

StuBurns

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
The cutscenes are a mixture of comic book and ingame cutscenes
The comic book ones are quite cool actually, you can rotate the vita from side to side and the characters pop out of the boxes in like a 3D effect, it's really neat
edit: I should read the thread before I post :lol
Yeah, the motion thing to move the layers is actually pretty cool. I'd still rather have none of it personally, but alas.

And those screens, stunning stuff.

kevm3

I know I've said this numerous times, but it is just bizarre to see PS3 level graphics on a handheld. It almost feels like it's just a movie clip playing. This game has a very interesting art style. Love it.

StuBurns

Banned
kevm3 said:
I know I've said this numerous times, but it is just bizarre to see PS3 level graphics on a handheld. It almost feels like it's just a movie clip playing. This game has a very interesting art style. Love it.
Funny you say that, I was just thinking earlier how when they first showed a Wipeout on PSV is was literally just the PS3 game, then they showed the real Wipeout, and it doesn't even look close. I wonder how much fud we were served initially.

StuBurns said:
Funny you say that, I was just thinking earlier how when they first showed a Wipeout on PSV is was literally just the PS3 game, then they showed the real Wipeout, and it doesn't even look close. I wonder how much fud we were served initially.

Actually it looks great, it doesn't look the same as Wipeout HD since they have different timelines with W2048 being a prequel to HD so the color pallette is different.

check out this HD video of demo from the TGS build :

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-...ry=highlights&hd=1&tag=top_stories;play_btn;1

This should probably get its own thread...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This is my shit... want Vita for this more than Uncharted or anything else.

kevm3 said:

Lol best hair in a game is on a handheld.

ProfessorMoran said:
This is probably the coolest game on the PS3, you have the uncharted game and the wipeout game but it's much nicer to see something original, and having Toyama at the helm doing something other than horror is nice.

You mean PSV, right , right??? :D

Callibretto said:
nice boss battle, I can see this battle system lend to exciting harder bosses later on, bigger bosses, have to look around for cores etc.

You can tell he plays it a lot though, in every one of the vids posted by other people you would think the battle system would be clunky but what he does in the vid shows otherwise, it also helps that they increase the melee too.

Dragon

Banned
StuBurns said:
I've not read anything about it really, just seen trailers and screenshots. If the cutscenes were in an older trailer I must have forgotten, or missed the trailer itself.

It's not a big deal, but it's a pet peeve of mine.

You must love inFAMOUS.

Emitan

I want this game so much....so much...

It's just, gorgeous. I can't believe I can bring it with me in my pocket.

EDIT: Touch screen swipes to dodge? Not a big fan of that unless you can also use the rear pad as well.

SOLD onteh graphics and the premise , not complety excited about teh controls ..but that's something i can get by once i'll have a demo in my hands

Top Bottom