• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Daze [Vita] TGS Trailer

Artistically it's astonishing and the gravity mechanic might be interesting, but the combat looks really basic. Mash square to win basically.

Jarmel

Banned
Sickboy007 said:
Artistically it's astonishing and the gravity mechanic might be interesting, but the combat looks really basic. Mash square to win basically.

Well that was pretty much the first level. They already showed off the basic melee and the gravity kicks. The gravity kicks are already pretty cool and I expect levels where you have to continuously do that.

R_thanatos said:
i wasn't fully convinced 2 days ago but now i'm 200% convinced ...

it's beautifull , the comic cut scenes are a good idea , battle seem fun , the design of the heroine ..

everything sommes very good ..

When he tilted the VITA the show more of the city was the final blow ... I WANT THIS GAME

I hope there is a sensitivity control for the camera since I plan on only using the analag stick.

madmaxx350 said:
I hope there is a sensitivity control for the camera since I plan on only using the analag stick.
In the 8-4 weekend confirmed podcast, I'm surprised to see that they got used to gyro control so much so quickly, even using both, analog for fast camera switch and gyro for subtle aiming

Callibretto said:
In the 8-4 weekend confirmed podcast, I'm surprised to see that they got used to gyro control so much so quickly, even using both, analog for fast camera switch and gyro for subtle aiming
the fact that they used it for more than just camera control is quite impressive too

Ryuuga

Banned
Wow those abilities look impressive, as if I needed more reasons to pick up this game. Suddenly! A crotch shot.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Beam said:
Damn, those were some nice abilities. It seems like this PSN title is very fleshed out.

It's a Vita game that was originally a PS3 game... but now it's just a Vita game.

Takao

Banned
Billychu said:
What PSN title? It's a full retail game.

Maybe not in the west.

On SCEE's website it's only listed as a digital download, and their trailer ends with the PlayStation Store logo.

Takao said:
Maybe not in the west.

On SCEE's website it's only listed as a digital download, and their trailer ends with the PlayStation Store logo.
That's disappointing if true - even Sound Shapes is getting a physical release. Doesn't speak too highly of how content-heavy the game will be, but hopefully we get extra chapters like with Siren. The game looks too intriguing to dump alongside the likes of Reality Fighters and Top Darts.

Takao

Banned
Leona Lewis said:
That's disappointing if true - even Sound Shapes is getting a physical release. Doesn't speak too highly of how content-heavy the game will be, but hopefully we get extra chapters like with Siren. The game looks too intriguing to dump alongside the likes of Reality Fighters and Top Darts.

Sound Shapes is getting a retail release? Wat.

Anyways, if Gravity Rush (Western Title) does indeed stay PSN-only I'd be pretty cheezed if I were Toyama and SCEJ. SCEA stealth released the first Siren, didn't bother with Siren 2, released New Translation as PSN-only, and continue the tradition again?

Lesiroth

Takao said:

Anyways, if Gravity Rush (Western Title) does indeed stay PSN-only I'd be pretty cheezed if I were Toyama and SCEJ. SCEA stealth released the first Siren, didn't bother with Siren 2, released New Translation as PSN-only, and continue the tradition again?
He's gotta be used to that by now lol

Takao said:
sKvSK.png

Same site that claims Gravity Daze is download-only.

It might not be accurate, though. It says no network play when we already know you can share your music online.

Cowie

Dear Jaw:

Quite some time has passed since I watched the trailer for Gravity Daze, now. I completely understand your need to distance yourself from my head and spend some time on the ground to cope with how awesome it looks. But it's time to come back now. The rest of my face misses you. I miss you.

Love,
Cowie

SykoTech

Uh, pretty strange to think that they would not release a retail version of this game yet give one to Sound Shapes. Think I'll wait for a more concrete confirmation of that.

Takao

Banned
Callibretto said:
They have gravity daze box case at tgs, pretty sure it's retail (it has kickass boxart too )

Because Sony's never had games be retail in one region, and DD in another. :p

Toyama addresses the load time complaints

Toyama addressed the load time issues at Twitter today. He admitted that the loading in the E3 build was just as the video shows. However, the E3 build was completely unoptimized. The loading has been greatly reformed since then.

Toyama also added that as the game is an open world, its loading paradigm calls for a lengthy loading when you boot up, but after the start of play they're aiming for as seamless a play experience as possible.

http://andriasang.com/comyem/

Top Bottom