• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Daze [Vita] TGS Trailer

Ryuuga

Banned
They really improved the performance in this build. I was a bit worried about the shape it was in at Gamescom. I'm definitely going to picking this up day one.

Respawn

Banned
Okay that gamespot vid was insane. Continuous combo attacks will utilizing the built in gyro. I said wow a few times.

Is it just me or do I get the impression their gibberish speech is made to sound like French? I kind of get that vibe from the artwork as well.

I guess when Japanese developers want to create "foreigness" but don't want to use English, as some have, they just use gibberish that sounds like the language rather than pay for voice talent.

DeliciousDoc said:
Is it just me or do I get the impression their gibberish speech is made to sound like French? I kind of get that vibe from the artwork as well.

I guess when Japanese developers want to create "foreigness" but don't want to use English, as some have, they just use gibberish that sounds like the language rather than pay for voice talent.
It's definitely a european blend yeah, I think the place the game is set is called Hekseville or something which has a european sound to it also

I don't think it's a case of choosing gibberish over actual language to avoid costs, it'll be done purposefully.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
DieH@rd said:
This is not launch title.

[at least according to the 8-4/weekend confirmed podcasts]

Then launch-window title. Close enough. This isn't sales age. *shudders*

StuBurns

Banned
DieH@rd said:
This is not launch title.

[at least according to the 8-4/weekend confirmed podcasts]
It's February in Japan, so it will most likely be a launch title in the West.

EDIT: Beaten, battered and cold.

StuBurns said:
It's February in Japan, so it will most likely be a launch title in the West.

EDIT: Beaten, battered and cold.
And even if it isn't, it looks like the whole game will be in English anyway :p

I find the in-game models superior to the concept art, which is fine by me.

Budget-wise, if it comes down to 2 games around US launch for me, it's gonna be this and LBP.

gnah, she has no bald bold and she is no space marine. What a bad design.
---

p6Yv4.png

If you play Gravity Daze you will love the animated hair.

Ryuuga said:
They really improved the performance in this build. I was a bit worried about the shape it was in at Gamescom. I'm definitely going to picking this up day one.

I noticed that immediately aswell. Framerate seems to be solid now, combat also looks improved. All in all, a great game just keeps on looking better.

Lain

Only now watched the trailer and I'm excited about this game as much as I was when it was first announced/revealed.
I especially like the character design.
I hope the game could be out in the west for the launch of Vita, but I'll buy it whenever the release will be.

Yessss! This game has so much potential, and I was only hoping it would live up to it. After watching that demo, I'm pretty convinced it will.

btkadams

the visuals are incredible, but i still am nervous about how fun the gameplay will be. i can't wait to try it out for myself.

Kuran

Banned
Took the time to watch the developer walkthrough.. this game looks amazing and seems to be very fleshed out and polished.

For some reason it reminds me of Folklore.. this game has soul!

Now I want him to go work on Siren: New Translation 2 for Vita!

Crazetex

This looks amazing, both graphically and technically. I was a DS fanboy, but this handheld generation I am definitely going to go Vita. The ability to finally have tilting be useful, instead of just a side effect of getting into a game, is great. (I know that I always dodge and weave with my character in action games...)

charsace

PdotMichael said:
gnah, she has no bald bold and she is no space marine. What a bad design.
---

p6Yv4.png

If you play Gravity Daze you will love the animated hair.
Don't act stupid. I said I like the other character designs. Its the main character's I don't like.

Top Bottom