• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games register Horizonthegame.com domain

Drencrom

I don't think anything has been confirmed. I would have hoped that GG would have said something about there not being robo dinos in it to avoid a big disappointment for the reveal.

All the concept art feature and focuses on robo dinos but still. I want to hunt mecha dinosaurs in an open world rpg so fucking bad, pls gg make it happen!

Turkoop

Banned
let me describe the moment when Sony show us it

KvKcAHh.gif

I cannot wait for GG to announce this. GG mentioned a long time ago that they were making a new IP, thankfully we will be seeing it soon unlike Stigs new IP which ended up being a huge fuck up. Even looking now, Shadowfall is a gorgeous game particularly for a launch title, this game is going to look amazing and with the KZ2 and Liberation director behind this game? Yep, can't wait for the announcement.

All the concept art feature and focuses on robo dinos but still. I want to hunt mecha dinosaurs in an open world rpg so fucking bad, pls gg make it happen!
I hear that man. Just the thought of seeing one of those big dinos with the satellite head in a big open field off in the distance and knowing I have to go kill it makes me moist. If they can make their world look anything like in those concepts, this game could be something very special.
I wonder if you take some technology from some of the dinosaurs to craft high tech weaponry....

Aww man I just need to see this.

I hope they nail a sense of scale when approaching the big ones. Give off a feeling like SotC.

Luke_Wal

In honor of this, I finally finished the 2nd half of Shadowfall today. Character development and writing has a long way to go, but the shooting is good and it's still one of the most beautiful games I've seen on the PS4. The lighting in particular is phenomal, and I would love to see an open world game that looks this good. The encounter design was also mediocre towards the end, but I don't think that matters as much in an open world game, huh?

B.O.O.M

I really want to see what the combat system would be like in this. Hopefully glorious!

Let me Killzone melee a Robo TRex!

I hear that man. Just the thought of seeing one of those big dinos with the satellite head in a big open field off in the distance and knowing I have to go kill it makes me moist. If they can make their world look anything like in those concepts, this game could be something very special.
I wonder if you take some technology from some of the dinosaurs to craft high tech weaponry....

Aww man I just need to see this.

I hope they nail a sense of scale when approaching the big ones. Give off a feeling like SotC.

Yes, that's actaully how they craft weapons capable of killing those creatures

Elandyll

Banned
Trying to keep the hype in check, but I have a good feeling about this.

And imagine if on top of Horizon they do the Bend game reveal, GT7 teaser, big unannounced jrpg, and TLG to end it all (along with UC4, NMS and P5 of course)?
Gonna be a nice Monday if all that happens...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This is the most interesting project in Sony's stable to me. Hopefully they reveal it with some gameplay footage.

Quotient

The writer from fallout: new vegas and quest designer from Witcher series, plus guerrila games technical prowress, this game could be epic!

JP

I don't know why but this design really stands out to me, I absolutely love the design they've used for the head. It's almost got a 1960s sci-fi feel to It.

There's nothing wrong with the others as I like those too but they're far more what I would expect from this sort of thing.

Honestly looking at these concept art pics, i cant figure how they are going to extract a ''serious'' story for a rpg, robodinos being hunted with wooden arrows and ropes and a crappy gun.
I mean, my imagination is telling me '' nope nope ''.

They have hired some very talented people, i am very corious to see what's going on.

Dont be a buzzkill brother

Its a video game, enjoy the ride

The team is talented as all hell on the technical front, they seem to have hired some new talent to help out where they were weak like in the writing department. Plus the Killzone series has been the only output from them. Its exciting to see what they can do with a new IP. And yeah, robo dinos.

Well the last time Sony greenlit a new IP with a lot of talent from a studio, we got The Order 1886, which looked crazy in concept but when the game came out... yeah...

I don't want be the negative Nancy here, but it'll take more than concept art and potential from a team to deliver a fantastic AAA game nowadays. The main issue here is that everyone starts to build their own imaginary game from these concept arts or teaser trailers, so you have a lot of complaints when the game is finally out.

Hopefully Shu got this one right.

Best wishes.

Well the last time Sony greenlit a new IP with a lot of talent from a studio, we got The Order 1886, which looked crazy in concept but when the game came out... yeah...

I don't want be the negative Nancy here, but it'll take more than concept art and potential from a team to deliver a fantastic AAA game nowadays. The main issue here is that everyone starts to build their own imaginary game from these concept arts or teaser trailers, so you have a lot of complaints when the game is finally out.

Best wishes.
No worries man, being skeptical will save you from potential disappointment. I was massively excited for The Order and was let down huge but that's not really a fair comparison though since that was the teams first console game. GG has been around in the console space a lot longer and has a few hits under their belt.
Nothing wrong with being a bit skeptical, you're not being an ass about it.

I hope what they show is enough to get you excited.

Edit: although this is GGs first RPG they at least have some people on board now that have experience with the genre.

i-Lo

Obsidian and cdpr writers is far more important to note!

Yep, this.

That said, how much creative control these individual possess is the key factor. Regardless, it will be interesting to see if GG are any good at producing games in the other genres; I do hope for the sake of their portfolio, they are.

I hope the dinos sound awesome.

I'd like a really distinctive sound. Mechanical, awful. Like the worst part of the 56k dial up noise. I don't want them to sound organic.

vpance

Frankly, this is true for all things.

Despite Bungie's amazing pedigree, Destiny didn't turn out to be a critical darling out-the-gate, other than gameplay.

CDPR and MGSV (at least based off previews) were the respective dev's first open-world game, and they appear to be shaming Ubisoft and the like ( expert open-world devs) at what they're doing.

Free Radical Design released 4 strong titles (3 TimeSplitters & Second Sight)... and then they released Haze.

Too true. Past performance can be a unreliable indicator of future quality - except, IMO when we're taking about devs who've shown solid fundamentals. As in the Kojima Prods, the Miyazaki led From games, or the Naughty Dogs. I think there we can give into the hype a little more.

Hopefully it turns out to be a solid title. Sony needs a good OW game of their own this gen, and more importantly another blockbuster to rely upon other than GT and Uncharted.

Kudo

Really loving the concept of this game, if it ends up being even something close to what I imagine it to be it'll be amazing.. Cannot wait for E3!

kyser73

Honestly looking at these concept art pics, i cant figure how they are going to extract a ''serious'' story for a rpg, robodinos being hunted with wooden arrows and ropes and a crappy gun.

They have hired some very talented people, i am very corious to see what's going on.

Or the arrows & spear are made from the same metal as the dinos & have explosive tips. They're being shot from a bow similar to the badass one Jessica Biel uses in Blade 3.

The dearth of imagination in your post is pretty sad.

a916

Best wishes.

That's a definite downside... building up all these expectations that may or may not even be part of the vision only to be let down because they didn't meet the direction that you created in your mind. Like when I see that, I think Monster Hunter meets Destiny (and I can say with almost certainty, we aren't getting something that crazy absurd)

I don't remember where I read it, but I recall a post or article about the premise. It is set in the far future. Humanity had created AI and robots started taking over the world etc. It is now post apocalyptic and robots "evolved" into Dinos as humanity devolved or became less civilized and returned to hunter gatherer or something like that.

I don't remember where I read it, but I recall a post or article about the premise. It is set in the far future. Humanity had created AI and robots started taking over the world etc. It is now post apocalyptic and robots "evolved" into Dinos as humanity devolved or became less civilized and returned to hunter gatherer or something like that.
Sounds pretty cool to me

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Been looking forward to seeing this for a long time.

I have high hopes for a gameplay reveal as well since KZ3 and SF were shown with gameplay right out of the gate. Really can't wait to see that art come to life. If nothing else, Guerrilla's tech and art one two punch will make this a lovely world to explore.

DrD

What a cool concept! Oh god. I cant wait to see this thing. Where did you get that info?

I remember someone on reddit posting some info about the game about a year ago, but I don't know if it's real.

-Your character uses rope arrows to tangle up the robo-dinos sort of like in Star Wars with AT-ATs
-You can make weapons and armor out of robot parts
-The person talked a little bit about the story/setting, how it's post apocalyptic, and there was some info on the character we play as

Top Bottom