• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games register Horizonthegame.com domain

Horizon should be a fall 2016 title . Just before the big 3rd party titles.

Yeah, i'm feeling late September or early October. Could be Summer, I suppose.

GT7 is probably planned for the tail end of the year. My god Sony's line up will be stacked next year (presuming no delays). UC4, Ratchet, GT7, Horizon, and lord knows what else they had planned prior to this year's delays.

I think GoW4 will be 2016's fall game, Horizon might be a late Summer title.

Moving God of War to the holidays makes a hell of a lot of sense, but they seem to love the whole "ides of March" thing. Every God of War ends up in March.

I'd bet money on March 2017.

It depends on what else they have for fall next year. GT7 will do well whenever it's released. Don't think a certain time of year will make much difference. We still have 0 idea about Bend's game. Hopefully we'll see something tomorrow. Doubt it's strong enough to make a dent in November though.

Ramenman

I'm kinda skeptical gameplay wise because going open-world & third person & less shooty & RPG isn't easy and there are a lot of pitfalls you could fall into (design wise, tech wise, etc, and yes I've seen the posts about hires from CD Projekt and all but still), but I'm glad this exists because I loved the concept art, so I hope this vikings vs giant robot dino looks crazy cool and that we'll see some actual gameplay.

I dunno if the game will be good but I'm pretty sure it will look bonkers :)

Perhaps Naughty Dogs need a challenge either than Santa Monica Studios (GoW)...If GG can match the quality NG puts out, then perhaps we can say Sony's 1st and 2nd party is on par with Nintendo's now?

because this is important guys, can we all officially agree on that guys and not challenge it anymore because it's important guys.

vio

Really curious about how openworld game from GG will look like. KZ Shadowfall looked great, but it also looked like a launch title.

KAL2006

Banned
I think GoW4 will be 2016's fall game, Horizon might be a late Summer title.

I thought God of War 4 just barely got out of pre production. It will probably be a fall 2017 release with a E3 2016 announcement.

Horizon, Quantic Dreams New IP, Media Molecule New IP, Bend New IP and Gran Turismo 7 are probably further in development.

I thought God of War 4 just barely got out of pre production. It will probably be a fall 2017 release with a E3 2016 announcement.

O1Jx0M8.jpg

8 months out of pre-production isn't barely. It's anywhere from 25-30% of a typical AAA dev cycle.

Are we really getting more God of War?

SSM aren't that creatively bankrupt, surely.

Creative bankruptcy is preferable to creative breakdown. (aka cancellation)

RPGamer92

Banned
Horizon should be a fall 2016 title . Just before the big 3rd party titles.
I think it'll come out around E3 time next year. Sony likes to release games in early June (TLOU, inFamous 2), and I think Horizon will release then with GOW4 and GT7 being their big holiday games for next year.

newjeruse

I think GOW4 is the big PSX reveal. There hasn't been much smoke around it for E3. I think Sony showcases UC4, Horizon, and TLG at E3.

Are we really getting more God of War?

SSM aren't that creatively bankrupt, surely.

There are lots of new things they can do with a new GOW game it does not mean it will be creatively bankrupt.....Keep in mind they are a business and need to make money as well.

nib95

Banned
Just realised Horizon and Cyberpunk 2077 encompass two of my favourite game and design concepts ever. Robot dinosaurs in a fantasy RPG setting (helmed by some of those behind the Witcher series), and another RPG set in a dystopian, cybercity, blade runner esque world, by the guys who entirely develop the Witcher games. What a time to be a gamer.

I really hope Horizon delivers. I don't have the same confidence in GG as I do CDPR, even with the new hires, but even the concept and art deserves credit.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Really curious about how openworld game from GG will look like. KZ Shadowfall looked great, but it also looked like a launch title.

looked like a launch title? shadowfall still looks better than a lot of titles coming out today.

Er, what would another God of War seriously be about?

I don't see why they don't enter other mythology and use similar gameplay at least. I'm pretty sick of the Greek stuff

Er, what would another God of War seriously be about?

I don't see why they don't enter other mythology and use similar gameplay at least. I'm pretty sick of the Greek stuff

It'll be Kratos in a new mythology. They have to change the setting away from Greece, but I think Kratos is too big a character for Sony to get rid of, even if he's a prick. I just hope the next few games chart his redemption after being a massive cunt in the previous few games.

Top Bottom