• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter X Hunter Manga TO CONTINUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

1460465055186e0kh2.jpg

Is that the first page of the new chapter or what

I've only really read the chimera ant arc and caught up to most stuff from random wikipedia article tidbits.

so while i dont consider myself a true HXH head, i am still anxiously awaiting the new arc.

however, and maybe it's due to my limited experience, am i alone in worrying about power creep in the upcomibng chapters? how does the manga handle this issue given its longevity.

I've only really read the chimera ant arc and caught up to most stuff from random wikipedia article tidbits.

so while i dont consider myself a true HXH head, i am still anxiously awaiting the new arc.

however, and maybe it's due to my limited experience, am i alone in worrying about power creep in the upcomibng chapters? how does the manga handle this issue given its longevity.

Manga handles power creep by showing that even really powerful characters are still not invulnerable, and are still susceptible to cheap shots, area effect Nen powers, prep time, well chosen battlegrounds, hit & run tactics, specific-use Nen powers, and double-teaming.

It also helps that at the end of the chimera ant arc, the
5 most powerful characters all die, and ultra-Gon is depowered

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Should make a drinking game to see how long it will take before Togashi loses interest again.

Its weird, whever I finally forget about the series is when it seems to pick up again.

Fandangox

Power creep doesn't worry me, the manga has shown that pretty much most of the time preparation, knowledge, and experience trump raw power.

What bothers me is Alluka's power serving as a get out of jail card again with no repercussions.

There should be more chimera ants right? Ones even more powerful than Meruem post resurrection?

Meruem was such a fantastic character

Chariot

Manga handles power creep by showing that even really powerful characters are still not invulnerable, and are still susceptible to cheap shots, area effect Nen powers, prep time, well chosen battlegrounds, hit & run tactics, specific-use Nen powers, and double-teaming.

I was surprised that the most deadly of all was actually
technological progress. Only one of the strongest Ants was actually killed by a Nen User, who then suffered greatly for this, while the rest, including the strongest being at that point by far, were killed by a nuke, their giant powers be damned. I sincerely hope that technology will play a bigger role, showing that nen is useful, but can't be relied upon alone in the dark continent.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I've said it before but I think Togashi could go for the dreaded time skip in the near future and jump the story ahead a couple of years. He's taken tons of other tropes and manga cliches and reworked them to defy most people's expectations so I'd hope he'd handle something as drastic as a time skip well. That and I'd love to see Gon, Killua and others grow up and advance a lot and of course I'd love to see Gon starting to grow towards the form he took in the CA arc.

We can call it Hunter x Hunter Z!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I've said it before but I think Togashi could go for the dreaded time skip in the near future and jump the story ahead a couple of years. He's taken tons of other tropes and manga cliches and reworked them to defy most people's expectations so I'd hope he'd handle something as drastic as a time skip well. That and I'd love to see Gon, Killua and others grow up and advance a lot and of course I'd love to see Gon starting to grow towards the form he took in the CA arc.

We can call it Hunter x Hunter Z!

Hunter y Hunter

Kyuur

Gonna go with fake on that (QuiteWhittle says they're really old anyways). The only way that scene would make sense is if they were doing a Beyond flashback, which would be a weird transition from what was going on in the past couple chapters.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
God, I don't remember ANYTHING about what the hell was happening in this series. Even when I was reading it week to week I was having issues, this last arc has been so damn dense with exposition. I don't know if I even have it in me to pick it back up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Remember that the ants were only that strong because they were eating humans and gaining nen. If not for that they may not have been an issue. The issues Togashi gave for the dark continent being dangerous also had less to do with power level and more to do with not enough information.

Gonna go with fake on that (QuiteWhittle says they're really old anyways). The only way that scene would make sense is if they were doing a Beyond flashback, which would be a weird transition from what was going on in the past couple chapters.
Yep, found it.

It was a fake spoiler for 341. Someone just edited a 350 onto it.

SalvaPot

HunterxHunter, Isobe Isobee Monogatari, My Hero Academia and Yu-Gi-Oh! - Trascend Game are getting color pages this week (And Food Wars is getting the cover).

So the first spoilers we are going to get is that color pages.

vypek

I'll take that fake-looking chicken scratch. Some of the chapters were really terrible in their drawings. Especially around the start of the chimera ant arc. Some of it looked liked doodled rough drafts. Was really weird. I figured the author just wasn't feeling well around that time.

SalvaPot

I'm taking bets, who is going to be featured on the color pages?

Gon/Killua/Kurapika/Leorio 1/2
Pariston/Gin Group 1/3
Zodiacs Group 1/4
The Princes 1/5
The Dark Continent 1/6
Random Bullshit 1/7

cLOUDo

I'm taking bets, who is going to be featured on the color pages?

Gon/Killua/Kurapika/Leorio 1/2
Pariston/Gin Group 1/3
Zodiacs Group 1/4
The Princes 1/5
The Dark Continent 1/6
Random Bullshit 1/7

probably gon (even when he just appears in 2 pages in the current arc lol)
my bet is Ging

Wiseblade

Wasn't Togashi's last return for 30 chapters? I get the feeling that Shueisha are no longer satisfied with 10 chapter bursts. I especially believe that they would love to advertise One Piece, My Hero Academia and HxH all running concurrently , which isn't worth the trouble if Togashi is going to bounce after 2 months.

Chariot

Wasn't Togashi's last return for 30 chapters? I get the feeling that Shueisha are no longer satisfied with 10 chapter bursts. I especially believe that they would love to advertise One Piece, My Hero Academia and HxH all running concurrently , which isn't worth the trouble if Togashi is going to bounce after 2 months.
30? 30 he says! HA!

HA! You should've seen how MangaGAF ended up after the last hiatus. Everything was Nisekoi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom