• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter X Hunter Manga TO CONTINUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandangox

Yeah that's exactly what I meant, when
Killua reveals that there's no negative consequences for "healing" wishes that's when I started worrying about what other stuff could just be easily solved with this.

vwMin.gif

I'm hyped that greatest seinen manga disguised as a shounen manga is returning.

ElFly

Not everything has to be resolved, I personally do not want Gon to have a final fight with Hisoka, or see Melody's quest finished, but some of that stuff has been built up ever since the beginning. Kurapica's and Killua's conflict with the troupe and his family respectively are very important.

Not to mention that bringing the new chimera ant eggs and then never mentioning it again would just feel like a cheap way to put some false tension on the hunter election arc.

I feel that Killua largely got closure on his conflict with his family.

His brother is still fucking around, and Hisoka killed his butler, but wrt Killua and his family, Killua won already by freeing his sister.

In some ways, his last arc does include him defeating Illumi.

LogicStep

I gotta rewatch the anime. It's so good. Gotta reread the last chapters too. Seriously the best shounen there is.

I just know this won't last. :(

His brother is still fucking around, and Hisoka killed his butler, but wrt Killua and his family, Killua won already by freeing his sister.

Wasn't Silva in on the plan to "get rid" of Alluka too?

Daingurse

I gotta rewatch the anime. It's so good. Gotta reread the last chapters too. Seriously the best shounen there is.

I just know this won't last. :(

I'm on Volume 26, been re-reading it from the beginning, and yeah this is the best shonen manga. The fact I can actually put it above Dragon Ball Z, says A LOT for me. Nostalgia from that series can overwhelm almost anything else, the manga is just a joy to read. Akira Toriyama is so fucking great at paneling. But Togashi is just such a great story teller and writer, hell and artist when he feels like it lol. Hunter x Hunter is the best. Pulls me in like no other shonen.

Fandangox

I don't feel this way.
Now that his family knows that he can "control" Alluka, they are gonna try to cash in on that. I really feel its just a temporal cease-fire, and that things will heat up again.

Philippo

I don't feel this way.
Now that his family knows that he can "control" Alluka, they are gonna try to cash in on that. I really feel its just a temporal cease-fire, and that things will heat up again.

Plus therems also the fact that Silva is letting Killua free to act on his own for now, but will eventually try to force him into taking hos place as the head of the family

hobz360

Has this been posted yet; the reason for all the Hunter X Hunter hiatus'? I just saw a video of Fornever discussing this and I think the interview is a pretty good read.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I believe a lot of manga authors who really want to do it all end up feeling the same. Miura voiced similar issues about how his entire life was Berserk and why I don't begrudge him anything, same for Togashi.

Ferrio

Banned
I must be weird. Greed Island was my favorite arc so far and the Chimera arc was straight garbage imo. Was this just an anime issue or am I the odd man out.

kirblar

Really depends how big a fan of Pokemon/YGO-type series you are, probably. It's a radically different genre than the other arcs.

Daingurse

I must be weird, Greed Island was my favorite arc so far and the Chimera arc was straight garbage? Was this just an anime issue or am I the odd man out.

You're a weirdo. Lol, but that is a unique opinion. I don't dislike any Hunter x Hunter arc, and I do really enjoy Greed Island, but for me it would be one of the weaker arcs. And as for the Chimera Ant arc, that is my favorite arc in all shonen manga/anime. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really depends how big a fan of Pokemon/YGO-type series you are, probably. It's a radically different genre than the other arcs.

It was a cool gimmick, and once the training began I really started to dig Greed Island. Greed Island could have easily been it's own stand-alone series, Togashi really fleshed that arc out.

Ferrio

Banned

Not a fan of either really. I just thought the world was laid out with a nice interesting set of rules. Not to mention the final fight was my favorite in the series. It wasn't flashy, but it really showed what a badass Gon was without resorting to deus ex machina powerup.

You're a weirdo. Lol, but that is a unique opinion. I don't dislike any Hunter x Hunter arc, and I do really enjoy Greed Island, buut for me it would one of the weaker arcs. And as for the Chimera Ant arc, that is my favorite arc in all shonen manga/anime. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I liked Chimera up until the King was born, then it went downhill quickly. After that it became really boring and the end was really unsatisfying.

Daingurse

I liked Chimera up until the King was born, then it went downhill quickly. After that it became really boring and the end was really unsatisfying.

Huh, really? That's interesting, because when the King was born my enjoyment only increased lol. I thought that escalated things heavily, and I found Mereuem to be a fascinating character throughout the arc. Thought the arc ended pretty much perfectly too, just had an amazing denouncement. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

vypek

I only didn't start this because I heard it was on hiatus. Guess I better catch up by the time it continues.

Clegg

I'm interested in seeing how Togashi gets around perennial shonen problem of power creep. Before Netero fought King he admitted that he wasn't anywhere near the strongest Nen user anymore yet he demonstrated power far beyond anything we'd seen up to that point. His hatsu was a goddess ffs. So who are these stronger Nen users and how will their fights be portrayed? It won't be like DBZ bomb throwing because that's not Togashi's style. He's a good enough writer to get out of this corner.

I really want to see Ging's hatsu. He's one of the five strongest Nen users on the planet. Must be something stupid.

kirblar

I'm interested in seeing how Togashi gets around perennial shonen problem of power creep. Before Netero fought King he admitted that he wasn't anywhere near the strongest Nen user anymore yet he demonstrated power far beyond anything we'd seen up to that point. His hatsu was a goddess ffs. So who are these stronger Nen users and how will their fights be portrayed? It won't be like DBZ bomb throwing because that's not Togashi's style. He's a good enough writer to get out of this corner.

I really want to see Ging's hatsu. He's one of the five strongest Nen users on the planet. Must be something stupid.
Vague manga spoilers:
He's just rolling with it and keeping the power creep going.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I'm curious where it goes now as well but isn't their something with the military using Nen?

Ferrio

Banned

I guess I don't like a arc devoted to an ant man playing a fake board game against a snot nosed kid. The whole setup felt really heavy handed that I couldn't stop rolling my eyes whenever a scene with either of those two came up. I stuck with it because I was hoping for a payoff, but then payoff never came.

Walpurgis

Banned
I guess I don't like a arc devoted to an ant man playing a fake board game against a snot nosed kid. The whole setup felt really heavy handed that I couldn't stop rolling my eyes whenever a scene with either of those two came up. I stuck with it because I was hoping for a payoff, but then payoff never came.

I'm just playing with you. Sometimes I hate something that everyone loves so I know that disappointing feeling. For me, it was the movie Heat. It just didn't work for me and I was a little sad, tbh, since I love crime films.

ElFly

Plus therems also the fact that Silva is letting Killua free to act on his own for now, but will eventually try to force him into taking hos place as the head of the family

they better act in an absolutely stealthy way, cause the nanosecond Killua even considers to entertain the notion of suspecting that his family is maybe up to some shenanigans that are even remotely related to him or alluka, he can wish "make all my family plans null and void and put them or their associates back at the mansion, naked and tarred and feathered"

I want to read an official translation of the last few chapters because I didn't understand what was going on, but apparently they have not been published yet, or have they? Where can I find good understandable official translations of the Dark Continent chapters?

Daingurse

Really can't wait till this gets rolling. Was skimming over some of the Dark Continent ac chapters recently, and the setup is too damn good. I can't wait to see more of the Dark Continent and the Calamities. Shit's like a darker and more brutal Gourmet World. Can't wait to see how people are going to try and survive there. So many people are going to die.

Kyuur

I want to read an official translation of the last few chapters because I didn't understand what was going on, but apparently they have not been published yet, or have they? Where can I find good understandable official translations of the Dark Continent chapters?

They're not even published as a volume in Japan yet, I think they need 1 more chapter. So you're probably SoL for a while, since I don't think they have HxH in the official Viz Weekly Shonen Jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom