• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jets QB Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw, "sucker-punched" by teammate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Nobody thought that Enemkpali wasn't being disrespected by Geno Smith even though we didn't know the backstory. BTW, that is being relayed by Enemkpali's friend so I take it to be what Enemkpali's want's everybody to think happened.

When I hear the term "Sucker Punch" I think that Enemkpali punched Smith while he wasn't looking or wasn't able to see it coming. To me "Sucker Punch" has nothing to do with whether or not Geno Smith had been disrespecting Enemkpali in the past.

If that's true then I could see Enemkpali getting on another team tbh. Still insanely stupid of him, but I could see other teams taking a chance.

Nah if he is going around throwing blind punches in the locker room, and putting the franchise QB out for 6-10 weeks, there is no reason for another team to take a chance on a B-teir back up guy.

If that's true then I could see Enemkpali getting on another team tbh. Still insanely stupid of him, but I could see other teams taking a chance.

His ability to get a 2nd chance is solely based on how good other teams think he can be. Teams have given guys 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances for doing stuff far worse than sucker punching a teammate. He was a 6th round pick fighting for a roster spot, if nobody picks him up it will be because no other team thinks he's good, not because of this incident.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Nah if he is going around throwing blind punches in the locker room, and putting the franchise QB out for 6-10 weeks, there is no reason for another team to take a chance on a B-teir back up guy.

His ability to get a 2nd chance is solely based on how good other teams think he can be. Teams have given guys 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances for doing stuff far worse than sucker punching a teammate. He was a 6th round pick fighting for a roster spot, if nobody picks him up it will be because no other team thinks he's good, not because of this incident.

If a team is desperate enough for depth, they might be more willing to give him a shot in this context rather than what the original one was. You both are probably right though.

Draxal

WFAN thought he was going to get a roster spot, because he was a high motor guy who can contribute on special teams.

If anything, I can see an AFC East team picking him up for reasons.

Jeff-DSA

The dude's close friend died and he's going to get pissed over $600 instead of saying "I hope you kind find peace, man. Don't worry about the ticket." That's essentially what anybody decent would do that was set to make that kind of money.

I wouldn't touch that dude with a 50 foot pole. Good luck, Bills. Wait no, you and your wet-mouthed idiot of a coach deserve him.

*sigh*

It's hard being a Jets fan sometimes. I mean we were never going to go anywhere anyways, but was hoping the new leadership would keep the media of stupid to a minimum. Welp.

The dude's close friend died and he's going to get pissed over $600 instead of saying "I hope you kind find peace, man. Don't worry about the ticket." That's essentially what anybody decent would do that was set to make that kind of money.

I wouldn't touch that dude with a 50 foot pole. Good luck, Bills. Wait no, you and your wet-mouthed idiot of a coach deserve him.

He didn't die though

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000509063/article/buffalo-bills-claim-ik-enemkpali-off-waivers?

Rivitur

Banned
J E T S SUCK SUCK SUCKER-PUNCH?

Let's not be naive here now. All you people saying that he threw away his career, this is the NFL where people who have been arrested multiple times have made teams. If he's good enough he'll be on a team this season.
Knew he'd be back in the NFL but not this soon. What now "he ruined his career" people? Wooo!

Aylinato

One is cheating... the other is a near every day occurrence in NFL locker rooms. Cam Newton got in a fist fight like 3 days ago, and he'a a WAY bigger star than Geno. It happens.

One has no evidence. Ones battery with a broken jaw.

But if that's what the NFL wants to be, punishing balls over actual crimes then I guess their image is tarnished.

soleil

Banned
One has no evidence. Ones battery with a broken jaw.

But if that's what the NFL wants to be, punishing balls over actual crimes then I guess their image is tarnished.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I think we should leave the punishment of crimes to law enforcement.

Tagyhag

Lol at people here thinking the NFL has standards. Bunch of criminals play and you think a sucker punch was going to be enough? Please.

TTG

So, is it official, did IK punch Geno out of a starting job, or is that jaw healing slower than expected?

Grifter

I Remember when people laughed when I said Fitzpatrick would be good for us, and that the Jets would be 10-6 this year... I remember those days...

This is the first time I've seen a necrow-bump and thought "yeah, he earned this." Good shit.

As a witness to Fitz's years in Buffalo, I was expecting the worst.

This is the first time I've seen a necrow-bump and thought "yeah, he earned this." Good shit.

Thank you sir. Just the fact the Jets are in it this year brings a smile to my face. Me personally telling people that they would be a good team and people literally laughing at me (Work and friends) makes this so much sweeter. I made a few wagers and now its time to collect.

DiscoJer

I liked him when he started his career as a Ram.

Considering we went through Bradford, then Foles, and now Case Keenum, I don't see how we would have been any worse keeping FItzpatrick

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm on my phone so I can't really search for it, but I'm pretty certain even before the draft, I mentioned getting Fitzpatrick would be a good move considering Gailey was hired as the OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom