• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jets QB Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw, "sucker-punched" by teammate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Wow can't believe it is actually about money, and only 600 bucks.

Ridiculous.

Edit: Whoever I quoted a couple pages back at the initial money claim, my bad.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago
It's not that Geno Smith didn't pay back IK Enemkpali. He just didn't do it yet. He intended to pay him back, per sources. Just not in time

What a joke. Just fucking be patient for your $600. Did you need a PS4 that bad IK?

I doubt it was the amount of money and more of a respect issue. Yes the money is what caused the problem, not the amount of money.

$1 or $1,000,000 doesn't necessarily matter to some people.

BigDug13

tumblr_mm8ufpQH3A1rtx7j4o1_1280.jpg

"Dude, I can't make the show tonight, my grandma died. :("

"Dick move. If you don't reimburse me for the concert ticket I'll fucking kill you man."

...went no conversation ever between friends.

Seriously, wtf?

I do think it's worth wondering why the fuck Geno couldn't just pay the dude 600 bucks right away.

If your best friend died, and the next day your less than best friend constantly gave you shit about $20 you owed him for missing an event to go to the funeral, you might just tell him to stfu.

And if he was an asshole, he might hit you.

Deku Tree

So enemkpali made $420k last year and was set to make $510k this year but he got released because he sucker punched the Jets QB over $600 bucks that he thought he was owed? That sounds crazy if true. Steroids roid-rage?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Holy fuck that's fucking fucked up shit.

Roger Goodell bout to LP,LP,-->, LK, HP Shungokusatsu this idiot. I hope.

Rivitur

Banned
What's with all the people being mad at him? I'm sure he now has free food for life at any jets fan's owned restaurants and management probably paid him too.

I doubt it was the amount of money and more of a respect issue. Yes the money is what caused the problem, not the amount of money.

I wonder if the root cause wasn't even the money but Smith bailing on IK Enemkpali's camp. I'm not in to youth sports enough to know how big of a deal it is, but what I have seen is that camps like that promote the hell out of VIPs in attendance. If IK advertised Gino and then Gino no-showed, IK might have had some pissed parents breathing down his neck.

Sure the money wasn't enough to toss away a career, but the disrespect from no-showing at the last minute AND not covering the costs of no-showing... well, it's still not enough to toss away a career, but maybe it's enough (for him) to throw a sucker punch. He just threw it at the wrong glass jaw.

yuraya

No way that guy would break his jaw over 600$. There had too of been some other beef between them.

Or maybe he didn't hit him all that hard and Geno is just Wladimir Klitschko in disguise.

As a longtime Jets fan since the Ken O'Brien era, I am genuinely surprised that the Jets being Jets is newsworthy enough on NeoGAF to have its own thread, let alone fill up 7 pages.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member

When keeping it real goes wrong, in the flesh.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Anyone thinking "this is good because it's Geno"... no.. not when your backup is fucking Fitzpatrick.

pgtl_10

Sucker punching a teammate in a sport that is built on creating highly aggressive and competitive athletes- Kicked off the team with little hope for another job in the NFL.

Sucker punching a woman literally half your size/weight and dragging her unconscious body to a public hallway- 2 game suspension.

Bad comparison. The NFL will not suspend IK. Ray Rice will never get another shot.

oneils

Sounds like Geno needs to keep his mouth shut. The guy who punched him sounded like a mild mannered guy. Also he was punched by a Titans player sometime last season.

That mild mannered guy was on probation earlier for punching a cop. I'm kinda surprised a team gave him a shot with a record like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom