• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jets QB Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw, "sucker-punched" by teammate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

So are we acting like the Jests season wasn't derailed before this?

I hate the Jets, and I want to feel sorry for them, but the Rex Ryan era pretty much destroyed any sympathy I can possibly have towards that team.

effzee

Yes, this is the same guy that was cursing out fans. Real stand up guy.

All reports are he is liked in the locker room. Dude who punched him has a record and had to be tasered by the cops to be brought in control.

Geno cursed out fans? Oh no! The same fans who rip him to shreds every single day he shows up to practice?

He deserves this cause he cursed out some fans? Pathetic.

geomon

All reports are he is liked in the locker room. Dude who punched him has a record and had to be tasered by the cops to be brought in control.

Geno cursed out fans? Oh no! The same fans who rip him to shreds every single day he shows up to practice?

He deserves this cause he cursed out some fans? Pathetic.
I never said he deserved it. But like I said, would not be surprised if he started some shit with this guy. And for the record, he gets ripped by the fans because he sucks.

The hate in this thread is going to be glorious when Fitz crushes it.

fitzfloplol.gif

I have faith that Fitzpatrick will do just fine. He had his best seasons in the NFL with Chan Gailey as his offensive coordinator. Plus that defense is top fucking notch and with that receiving corp being good they could be a 10-6 team.

Fitzpatrick's is not good, but he's not any worse than Geno Smith, maybe he has more short term hope. His best years were 3 - 5 years ago and a lot has changed in that time.

For the Jets to go 10 - 6, they'd have to basically win every game that they "should" win and then also win every game that's a toss up.

W = Win, L = Loss, T = Toss Up

1 Sep 13 CLE @ NYJ W
2 Sep 21 NYJ @ IND L
3 Sep 27 PHI @ NYJ L
4 Oct 04 NYJ @ MIA T
6 Oct 18 WAS @ NYJ W
7 Oct 25 NYJ @ NE L
8 Nov 01 NYJ @ OAK W
9 Nov 08 JAX @ NYJ W
10 Nov 12 BUF @ NYJ T
11 Nov 22 NYJ @ HOU W
12 Nov 29 MIA @ NYJ T
13 Dec 06 NYJ @ NYG W
14 Dec 13 TEN @ NYJ W
15 Dec 19 NYJ @ DAL L
16 Dec 27 NE @ NYJ L
17 Jan 03 NYJ @ BUF T

(7 Probably wins - 5 Probable losses - 4 tossups)

It's tough to argue that they'll beat Dallas, New England, Indy, and Philly. I could see them spitting New England, but it's not really probable. They could beat those teams, but it's tough to argue. FOr them to go 10 - 6, they have to beat every team they "should" beat... Cleveland, Washington, Oakland, Jacksonville, Houston, NY Giants, and Tennessee. They'd have to split or sweep either New England, Miami, or the Bills, while still beating every team they "should" beat. I think that's a tough proposition, though not impossible, just not very probable.

OnPoint

Thought it was all Rex's fault that there was drama in the Jets room last couple seasons... eh?

Good luck with Fitzmagic.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
so just to review one jet player got suspended for weed, and then committed some more felonies to follow it up.

Now the QB got his jaw broke by his team mate from a sucker punch....

Am I forgetting any other fuckery from this pre season?

I really apologize for everything right now, if it's unclear at all, man
They got my mouth wired shut for like I dunno, the doctor said like six weeks
Y'know he had, I had reconstructive surgery on my jaw
I looked in the mirror and half my jaw was in the back of my mouth, man, I couldn't believe it
But I'm still here for y'all right now, man
This what I got to say right here, dawg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bummer for Geno. Hope he heals clean.

So Fitzpatrick will be the starter now? What's the record for most teams started for a QB?

Vinny Testaverde

Tampa Bay 24-48
Cleveland 16-15
Baltimore Ravens 8-20
NY Jets 35-26
Dallas 5-10
New England 0-0
Carolina 2-4

e -

Kerry Collins also started for six teams.

This sounds like some Any Given Sunday type of stuff.

Should've traded up for Mariota.

If they're bringing in Grossman, Jets will lead the league in picks thrown.

I find this situation hilarious and sad at the same time. How a team allows their #1 QB to be "sucker punched" in the locker room is beyond me. The whole situation reflects incredibly poorly on the organization.

MC Safety

The amount of victim blaming going on by some folks is absolutely insane. People are actually blaming Geno for getting assaulted.

Every source is claiming this was a sucker punch. Even the Jets' coach described it like that.

But Sports Illustrated reported Smith put his finger in the other guy's face. So it doesn't seem as if the punch came wholly from nowhere.

Tripon

Geno somehow borrowed money from a 3rd-stringer making 300k? Yeah, alright.

It was probably Geno mouthing off to IK about being a nobody since he is, after all, a 3rd-string OLB relegated to the practice squad.

Gilbert Arenas almost shot Javaris Crittenton because of small time gambling debts over poker. I can very much believe Geno owning money because of gambling and something else and being petty about not being paid back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...ittenton-guns-locker-room-2010-013449212.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom