• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinko Marx said:
G7m33.jpg

The fuck?

I was close to making it less than but college dropout is great. I love Late Registration more though.

And Cudi x Lupe x Kanye x Pusha T x Banks holy SHIT my balls have disintegrated.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
TBH, I thought he did lose it recently since he's went in a different direction for both Power and Runaway.

Fixed for Kanye definition.

Its okay, you get special honours for being a fellow Kanye stan <3

There's no possible way Kanye can screw up All of the Lights. I CANNOT. FREAKING. WAIT. When are the AMA's?

EDIT: And it only gets BETTER. Looks like someone's coming out from under their rock?

0tNyS.jpg

Hm...the AMA are in November, but I don't see mention of Kanye performing. I was only going off of what others in the thread were saying. Is there confirmation hes doing a song?

And I like how Lupes voice is down haha. PLEASE HAPPEN

I dont understand where that pic is from. I dont see it on the twitter account in that link

Ephemeris

g35twinturbo said:
Man iono Graduation, I loved almost every song on that album.
i love them all man. All of the albums. I get a different vibe from each of 'em.

*Takes a break from the all of the lights snippet to play some Flashing Lightssss*

"She don't believe in shooting stars..."

Oozer3993

enzo_gt said:
TBH, I thought he did lose it recently since he's went in a different direction for both Power and Runaway.

Yeah, Kanye hasn't done a video with Hype since Heartless. And he's done 6 videos since then (Welcome to Heartbreak, Paranoid, and Coldest Winter with Nabil, the We Were Once A Fairytale project with Spike Jonze, then Power and Runaway).

Ashhong said:
Hm...the AMA are in November, but I don't see mention of Kanye performing. I was only going off of what others in the thread were saying. Is there confirmation hes doing a song?

That's just me being wishful. No performers have been named for it yet. It makes sense though. The AMAs are November 21st, the day before the album drops. He performed Heartless for the first time at the 2008 AMAs, which also were a day before that album was due to drop.

Edit: Actually it appears that Runaway was written by Hype. And it features 9 songs, all of them probably from the album. And we might get the film by the end of this month:

Kanye will reportedly screen the film in London and Tokyo over the next week, followed by its online debut later this month.

andymcc

Banned
Himuro said:
Late Registration is the best Kanye album, but College Dropout is close.

The others are not worth mentioning.

really? graduation was pretty streamlined, removed the shitty skits and, frankly, dispensable tracks that routinely plagued Kanye's albums. i agree that late registration is the best, but i can't help but wish that he had the same economical approach to it as he later did with graduation.

College Dropout is definitely a classic, it holds a special place for me because it kinda got me back into hiphop/rap. It was the first rap album I had bought in like 3 years, outside of Blueprint the scene was real bleak IMO after the west coast/death row died.

KAL2006

Banned
I can't stop listening to So Appalled

Jay-Z kills it on this track

How should I begin this
I’m just so offended
how am I even mentioned by all these f-cking beginners?
I’m so appalled I might buy the mall
just to show n-ggas how much more I have in store
I’m fresher than you all
so I don’t have to pause
all of y’all can suck my balls through my draws
dark knight feeling, die or be a hero
or live long enough to see yourself become a villain
I went from the favourite to the most hated
or would you rather be underpaid or over-rated?
moral victories is for minor league coaches
and ‘Ye already told you “We Major” you cockroaches
show me where the boats is, Ferrari testarossa’s
the Hammer went broke so you know I’m more focused
I lost thirty mill so I spent another 30
cuz unlike Hammer 30 mill can’t hurt me
f-cking insane, the f-ck am I sayin’
not only am I fly, I’m f-cking not playing (plane/plain)
all these little b-tches too big for their britches
burning their little bridges
f-cking ridiculous

KAL2006 said:
I can't stop listening to So Appalled

Jay-Z kills it on this track

lyrics

The only thing holding this song back from being one of my favorite all time is that RZA doesn't get enough time. One of the best tracks released so far.

Ephemeris

I am putting myself on an "All of the lights" ban till Friday.

And by ban, I mean I'll play it two more times then stop.

I hope.

Pinko Marx said:
College Dropout is a classic. Top 5 Material. One of the best albums ever, of any genre.

We're just gunna have to agree to disagree on this one.

I gotta go with Stringer Bell on this one.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
It was the first rap album I had bought in like 3 years, outside of Blueprint the scene was real bleak IMO after the west coast/death row died.

You didn't love the Cash Money and No Limit era?

DMczaf said:
You didn't love the Cash Money and No Limit era?

Both of those labels produced nothing but your average radio/gangsta rap at the time. Yeah, they both had some quality artists that pumped out some good songs, but nothing they released could touch The College Dropout.

Also, Runaway is stuckin my head. That song is great, it sounds like old school Kanye to me. Pusha T is also quickly rising to the top of my "rappers to watch" list.

Ephemeris said:
I am putting myself on an "All of the lights" ban till Friday.

And by ban, I mean I'll play it two more times then stop.

I hope.

For me it's twice a day everyday. Now I put it on a CD in my car and OH MY GOD! I don't want to leave my car.

I've banned All of the Lights from my life until the album comes. I want to be uber-hyped when it gets here.

must resist ... urge....

RJT

You're making it difficult for me not to listen to that song.

About Pusha T, Clipse's Hell Hath No Fury is only purely gangsta record I absolutely love (I don't consider American Gangster a "gangsta" record, oddly enough). They are talented as fuck.

Byakuya769 said:
I gotta go with Stringer Bell on this one.

Agreed. I loved Late Registration but College Dropout was so organic, so soulfull. I'm not going to lie, 2010 Kanye raps better than 2003/2004 Kanye.

Graduation was good too. I just hated Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls.

And American Gangster was more a cautionary tale of the good and bad of living a life of crime (same as Reasonable Doubt).

Having said that, the Clipse are awesome but repetitive subject matter, meaning stuck in a box.

RJT

Spiderjericho said:
Having said that, the Clipse are awesome but repetitive subject matter, meaning stuck in a box.
Stuck in a box of perfect flows and amazing Neptunes beats.

Pinko Marx said:
Both of those labels produced nothing but your average radio/gangsta rap at the time. Yeah, they both had some quality artists that pumped out some good songs, but nothing they released could touch The College Dropout.

Also, Runaway is stuckin my head. That song is great, it sounds like old school Kanye to me. Pusha T is also quickly rising to the top of my "rappers to watch" list.

This. I was neven a fan of the Clipse till I heard Pusha T merk pretty much all the G.O.O.D. Friday tracks + Runaway. Dude's a beast.

RJT said:
Stuck in a box of perfect flows and amazing Neptunes beats.

Not the last album. I agree they have hot beats and Pusha-T flows (Malice is good but not Pusha-T great) but the subject matter has been mostly the same for their last three albums. I can still rock a Clipse joint from start to finish.

Swag

So what are the chances we'll get the live version of Runaway from Kanye in some form?

Live > Single version, sadly

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
gluv65 said:
You cats are sleeping Lloyd Banks "Start it up" ft Kanye, fab, swizz beat, ryan leslie bonifide hot track VROOM VROOM

http://rapradar.com/2010/10/06/new-...fabolous-start-it-up/comment-page-2/#comments

This is what the Magazine says about the short film.

“The story oscillates between the banal and the bizarre,”

The first song of the movie, when he’s driving a Tatra MTX, is just killin’ it…

I wonder what that first song is....

Oozer3993

Tidbits from some an article about the movie:

DJ Semtex said:
*He helped Nicki Minaj with her verse on Monster over a 4 day period.
*’So Appalled’ is his favourite G.O.O.D. Friday release so far.
*He wasn’t giving anything away re. this weeks G.O.O.D. Friday leak.
*I’m hearing that only 1 of the G.O.O.D. Friday leaks actually appear on the album.
*He is finishing of the Jay & Ye album in France at the end of this month.

*Bon Iver is on 9 tracks of the finished album.
*Alicia Keyes performed some of the vocals on ‘Lost in The World’.
*He wants to tour the new album across the world and eventually perform a show in Egypt by the Pyramids.

*The CRS project is still on the cards.

Source

I'm guessing the only G.O.O.D. Friday track on the album is Devil in a New Dress.

PBY

Banned
Oozer3993 said:
Tidbits from some articles about the movie:

Source

I'm guessing the only G.O.O.D. Friday track on the album is Devil in a New Dress.
^Thats a lot of Bon Iver, not sure how I feel about that

Brinbe

Oozer3993 said:
Tidbits from some articles about the movie:

Source

Awesome, good to hear that CRS is still alive. And Mrs. Beatz on LITW? Cannot fucking wait.

*He helped Nicki Minaj with her verse on Monster over a 4 day period.

Hm. Okay. I was personally surprised by Nicki's verse, but her whole ... voice changing thing got weird, I dunno.

*’So Appalled’ is his favourite G.O.O.D. Friday release so far.

That's my favorite release too. Best one so far, period.

*He wasn’t giving anything away re. this weeks G.O.O.D. Friday leak.

D'aw. Can't wait 'till tomorrow.

*I’m hearing that only 1 of the G.O.O.D. Friday leaks actually appear on the album.

Yeah, most likely Devil in a new Dress. A more "finished" version...

*He is finishing of the Jay & Ye album in France at the end of this month.

Bad ass. Can't wait.

...NINE? Damn. Well, I can't complain. I heard Lost In the World was dope but I didn't listen to it yet, so I guess we'll see.

*The CRS project is still on the cards.

YESSSSS. YESSSSS. BRILLIANT.

Ashhong

He wants to perform in Egypt by the pyramids? That would be fucking AMAZING. God I cant wait to go to his next show. I'm so bummed his Fame Kills tour was cancelled, had so much potential.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wow 'All the Lights' does sound great. You guys weren't kidding. Just downloaded the Good Friday songs and I haven't heard them all, but I'll say one thing....

Devil in A New Dress is a BANGER!!!!!!!!!!! GOT DAMN!!! So much soul. Old Skool Kanye.

Oozer3993

Two new track names from MTV:

And in a setup cued to the new song "Lights" that is likely to be the most iconic of the film, Thorogood said Kanye (a.k.a. "Griffin") and the Phoenix watch as a marching band stomps across the screen carrying a giant, somewhat flimsy-looking papier-mâché model of Michael Jackson's head.

Among the other new songs featured in the movie is one called "Blame Game," which contains a healthy sample of the melancholy piano groove in cult electronic musician Aphex Twin's 2001 song "Avril 14th," as well as vocals from frequent 'Ye collaborator John Legend, which the rapper said may or may not make the final cut of the album.

Blame Game was on the leaked tracklist. Lights was not, but it might be one of the songs from it since All of the Lights was called Ghetto University then.

A list of features from the BBC:

During his sporadic answers to various questions he revealed guests on the album include - deep breath - La Roux's Elly Jackson, M.I.A, Alicia Keys, Jay-Z, Mos Def, John Legend, Kid Cudi, Bon Iver, and No I.D.

Those are just the ones we could write down quick enough.

After turning down Kanye for a feature on Late Registration, M.I.A. will finally appear on a Kanye album. The article also mentions that Kanye said he is already designing the tour for the album and it should kick off in February 2011 and end at the pyramids.

Swag

spindashing said:

...NINE? Damn. Well, I can't complain. I heard Lost In the World was dope but I didn't listen to it yet, so I guess we'll see.

Lost in the World

Already my favorite song on the album!

So many features so far on the album, dunno how I feel about that. Graduation had 4? 5 if you include Bittersweet Poetry.

Album cover made me :lol, kinda fits though.

AvidNobody said:
tumblr_l9xd69EUKG1qcx731o1_500.jpg

NOT CONFIRMED

From 130 bpm.

fanart most likely. I think he won't use dropout bear anymore... =(

Thanks, Sebulon3k, but I'm staying away from other album leaks. I caved in for all of the lights and that's it. I'll take your guys' word for it if it's bad ass or not. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom