• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

i hate graduation

igrbAf1NUsN5S.gif

Brinbe

I already know NS is gonna knock so hard in CDQ, I'm fiending for it. And those that want the old Ye back just need to listen to that track. That's as close to TCD Kanye as you're gonna get.

And Graduation, aside from a few standouts, hasn't aged all that well for me, compared to what came before and after it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That award goes to everybody who doesn't mark it as his worst album. It has some of his best songs, but by far his worst songs.

thank you
Drunk and hot girls, everything I am, and Barry bonds aside it shits all over the other albums production wise. It's like high class hood music. I won't mention lyrics though lol. CD, LR, and dark fantasy are to antiquated by comparison.

Zekes!

Drunk and hot girls, everything I am, and Barry bonds aside it shits all over the other albums production wise. It's like high class hood music. I won't mention lyrics though lol. CD, LR, and dark fantasy are to antiquated by comparison.

Everything I Am is one of my favourite tracks off of Graduation :(

Aww man I love this song dat laidback beat and flow.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Sorry guys that song just ruins the flow of such an electric album. Its boring. The album is nonstop bangers and then that shitty second act (flashing lights aside) happens.

vgJames

Banned
Friend of mine called the two tracks so far as 'mainstream Death Grips' :|

I can definitely hear some P.O.S in the two tracks, particularly black skinhead.

It's a very soulless album to me. BTW, 808s has his best production

solarus

Since the kanye cycle has started imma rank too
Late registration>college dropout>MBDTF>808s and heartbreak>graduation

Servbot24

Banned
Disappointed that Odd Future shit is gonna be on here. So tame. curious about the skrillex track though, just for the spectacle, lol

Also Devil is most obviously the best MBDTF

DominoKid

Disappointed that Odd Future shit is gonna be on here. So tame. curious about the skrillex track though, just for the spectacle, lol

Also Devil is most obviously the best MBDTF

nah it's just Frank on vocals. unless you don't like him...

as for rankings?

MBDTF > Graduation > LR > Dropout > 808. Maybe it's me, but going back and listening to Dropout it sounds incredibly amateur compared to the rest of his rap albums.

and best verse on MBDTF? 2nd one on Gorgeous.

Is hip hop just a euphemism for a new religion?
The soul music for the slaves that the youth is missing
This is more than just my road to redemption
Malcolm West had the whole nation standing at attention
As long as I’m in Polo smiling, they think they got me
But they would try to crack me if they ever see a black me
<--- this shit is like my life motto.
I thought I chose a field where they couldn’t sack me
If a nigga ain't shootin a jump shot, running a track meet
But this pimp is, at the top of Mount Olympus
Ready for the World’s game, this is my Olympics
We make ‘em say ho cause the game is so pimpish
Choke a South Park writer with a fishstick
I insisted to get up offa this dick
And these drugs, niggas can't resist it
Remind me of when they tried to have Ali enlisted
If I ever wasn't the greatest nigga, I must have missed it!

PBY

Banned
nah it's just Frank on vocals. unless you don't like him...

as for rankings?

MBDTF > Graduation > LR > Dropout > 808. Maybe it's me, but going back and listening to Dropout it sounds incredibly amateur compared to the rest of his rap albums.

and best verse on MBDTF? 2nd one on Gorgeous.

Is hip hop just a euphemism for a new religion?
The soul music for the slaves that the youth is missing
This is more than just my road to redemption
Malcolm West had the whole nation standing at attention
As long as I&#8217;m in Polo smiling, they think they got me
But they would try to crack me if they ever see a black me
<--- this shit is like my life motto.
I thought I chose a field where they couldn&#8217;t sack me
If a nigga ain't shootin a jump shot, running a track meet
But this pimp is, at the top of Mount Olympus
Ready for the World&#8217;s game, this is my Olympics
We make &#8216;em say ho cause the game is so pimpish
Choke a South Park writer with a fishstick
I insisted to get up offa this dick
And these drugs, niggas can't resist it
Remind me of when they tried to have Ali enlisted
If I ever wasn't the greatest nigga, I must have missed it!

Yeah that verse is flames

Also, the SNL version of Power had a crazy verse too.

DominoKid

Just seeing so many people rank that album as least favorite hurts my soul... It's cool though, I still love all of you

I've always thought that over time it will end up being his best liked because history is weird like that. But it's definitely his worst. Still good, but the worst.

CD > LR > MBDTF

I grade Graduation and 808s separately because they were divergent works and concepts. Lyrical content wasn't as good as the 3 above, but the production quality and beats were the most memorable of all his works. You can't tell me shit about he first 7 or 8 records on Graduation. They have yet to get old to me. But the lyrical content was objectively more shallow. Regardless, my alarm clock wakes me up to Good Morning every day, so fuck the haytas.

CD continues to be his best album to me, as what he had to say was the most relatable to all. Everyone could identify with how he felt on those records and why. What was personal to him was personal to everyone because everyone had gone through those life-changing events, struggles, and challenges. The albums have become steadily less relatable with each release. It continues to be easy to understand what is being said and what's going on with him...but the days of song like 'All Falls Down' when it felt like he was just one of us strumming our pains, putting dope beats on the challenges of the common man...those days are long past. That relatable touch is what made Kanye such a success early on. I still miss that Kanye.

I've always thought that over time it will end up being his best liked because history is weird like that. But it's definitely his worst. Still good, but the worst.

Maybe I am crazy, but damn his songwriting is just so crazy good on the album. Not to mention it features my favorite Ye production by far. 808 cemented that he is easily top 3 for me producers

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I remember reading somewhere that on twitter someone asked Tyler if he worked on the album and he said no, can't find a link to it right now

here it is

http://www.formspring.me/wolfhaley/...=noservice&utm_campaign=shareanswer&_sg=&_sk=
I can pick and choose formspring quotes too. Btw this is what Kanye does with most
collaborators in his albums

interesting stuff from Tyler on formspring

q: how much of Yeezus have you heard?
a: some. he played me new slaves and black skinhead months ago when he picked me up in his lambo. thats sooo tight to type out haha, damn i came far haha

q: Will you be on Yeezus? (asked twice)
a: nope
a: im prolly on there but in ways you cant tell.

q: How come you didn't just throw Ye that 48 beat?
a: cause it was mine. he wanted to be on IFHY too! but i was like, nah hahaha. ye is soo awesome, i talk to him almost everyday it seems like. its cool to have someone you can level with about art and everything else.

q: why do you assume that black people don't fuck with you or appreciate your music? that shit's not cool.
a: i dont assume that, i mock people who bring it up, like you, or the other side of that, the ones who say only white kids like me, its for my own entertainment

q: are you gonna be on Doris much?
a: nah

Top Bottom