• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

botty

Banned
hey botty you heard channel orange yet
i think you'd like it

LOL!

I'm guessing it'll be a bit up and down for me.

Like just in the two SNL songs. New Slaves sounds dope, but the other one sounded awful.

Either way I'm at least interested to hear the Daft Punk collab (if the talk about them working with Kanye was true).

Well, it's Kanye. I will listen, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and get them sit ups right and
Tuck your tummy tight and do your crunches like this

GQman2121

Banned
Hopefully Chief Keef and 2 Chainz were just in the studio at the time of recording, and aren't actually on the album.

2 Chainz was literally on every track that was played at the shoe store this afternoon. His garbage flow--if you can even call it that--is negatively killing mixtapes on the regular.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
LOL!

Well, it's Kanye. I will listen, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and get them sit ups right and
Tuck your tummy tight and do your crunches like this
Botty, Kanye has always been terrible corny, that's his appeal. You know this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" is up there as far as Kanye quotables go. Shit is gonna go viral, I'm telling you. Might even be GOAT quote from Ye.

No way. I hated that shit.

And this is after Random Acess Memories was a disappointment for me...how depressing.
http://m.complex.com/music/2013/05/daft-punk-produced-kanye-wests-black-skinhead

Pretty well describes the song in question. I have a feeling that song will sound very different in CDQ though, but I liked it a lot.

iNJ6OHgM7dcc.png

ibnaobYUNlbaFF.png
LOL. I'm dying from this.

DominoKid

Hopefully Chief Keef and 2 Chainz were just in the studio at the time of recording, and aren't actually on the album.

2 Chainz was literally on every track that was played at the shoe store this afternoon. His garbage flow--if you can even call it that--is negatively killing mixtapes on the regular.

^swagless posting. 2 chainz is the shit. His biters are fucking up the game. Everybody stealing his flows. Even jay-z old ass trying to rap like 2 chainz.

IrishNinja

yeah, i wanted to like RAM better than i did, too...at least i got these older daft punk albums to fall back on

I love work out plan~

I miss the fun Kanye. But then he had to mess with them succubuses...succubuss...succubi? Whatever.

yeah, we talk about this a lot in gaf-hop, but...i just can't see him going back to college dropout era/"kanye to the"

i still listen to stuff like this alla time too

Are PopGAF and HipHopGAF one and the same or is KanyeGAF just where they overlap?

we converge on the bigger stuff, yeah...some of us hate but then just jack their gifs anyway haha

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Pretty obnoxious rappers on the album, I was hoping for a chilled track with kendrick and cudi

RJT

"I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" is up there as far as Kanye quotables go. Shit is gonna go viral, I'm telling you. Might even be GOAT quote from Ye.

Kanye's GOAT quotes are all from College Dropout:

"Always said if I rapped, I'd say somethin' significant
But now I'm rappin' 'bout money, hoes, and rims again"

"She got a light-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson
Got a dark-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson"

"I must got a angel, cause look how death missed his ass
Unbreakable, what you thought, they'd call me Mr. Glass?"

"I went to the malls and I balled too hard
"Oh my god, is that a black card?"
I turned around and replied, "Why yes
But I prefer the term African American Express""

Fjordson

I always remember the miracle whip line from Last Call for some reason :lol

"Killing y'all ninjas on that lyrical shit / Mayonnaise-colored Benz, I push miracle whips."

RJT

"Killing y'all ninjas on that lyrical shit / Mayonnaise-colored Benz, I push miracle whips."

Yeah, that line is really sticky for no reason other than it just sounds so damn perfect.

EDIT: listening to Kanye now, and his verse on Clique is some of the best he's done.

"Break records at Louis, ate breakfast at Gucci
My girl a superstar all from a home movie"

"Yeah I'm talking business, we talking CIA
I'm talking George Tenet, I seen him the other day
He asked me about my Maybach, think he had the same
Except mine tinted and his might have been rented
You know white people, get money, don't spend it
Or maybe they, get money, buy a business
I rather buy 80 gold chains and go ign'ant
I know Spike Lee gon' kill me but let me finish"

"Pass the refreshments, a cool, cool beverage
Everything I do need a news crew's presence
Speedboat swerve, homie watch out for the waves
I'm way too black to burn from sun rays
So I just meditate at the home in Pompeii
About how I could build a new Rome in one day"

This is one of my favourites. It's simultaneously clever while being corny as shit. Sums up old Kanye in a way (RIP in piece)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
People not liking black skinhead? Thought it was the far superior of the two songs personally

Ragus

Banned
Fantastic OP, but I have a question about those collaborations: Are they 100% legit? What's the source?

People not liking black skinhead? Thought it was the far superior of the two songs personally

I didn't really like it after the first listening, but it really grew on me.

Galang

Banned
Nice OP. While I liked his past albums, a lot of those potential features and producers are amazing. I would not be surprised if this ends up my favorite of his. I'm not usually excited based on features, but considering I'm a BIG fan of Burial, Zomby, and Azealia Banks I'm very optimistic.. assuming they make it. I love going into albums blind anyway, so I love his approach for the album also. I'm ready Kanye

How are you going to make new slaves and black skinhead and then work with Chief Keef?
Ask Kanye's ghostwriter.

It's clearhe doesn't give a shit about privately owned prisons or any of that shit. His main problem with "the white man" is that they don't give him enough awards and recognition. His ultimate definition of racism is losing to white people at awards shows.

Jenga

Banned
Ask Kanye's ghostwriter.

It's clearhe doesn't give a shit about privately owned prisons or any of that shit. His main problem with "the white man" is that they don't give him enough awards and recognition. His ultimate definition of racism is losing to white people at awards shows.
at first people told me kanye uses clever parody and satire, but ever since he knocked up kardashian they never argued about his authenticity again

solarus

Both new slaves and black skinhead are really dope, I have high hopes for this project. The only thing that didn't sound too great was that snippet of that autotuned song about kim, I think it's called awesome or something. That sounded pretty awful, but it could have just been the recording.

Dreaver

I'm really looking forward to this album, really interested in how it will sound. I'm not a rap fan but I really like My Beatiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. And that collabration list looks great, really interested in hearing or knowing that artists such as Bon Iver, Burial, Daft Punk (<3), Frank Ocean, Hudson Mohawke, John legend, Skrillex and Zomby worked on the album.

entremet

Kanye thread without personal album rankings? What is GAF coming to?

MBDTF>808>Graduation>College Dropout>Late Registration.

Top Bottom