• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Yall just mad because Hov is the GOAT

tumblr_m6lxzcFGzH1raq7mho1_r1_500.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guys remember, these are people who just worked on it! They're not confirmed features. There's an even bigger list at KTT but I chose to be a bit more selective of what likely means they've worked on the album.

For most of them, you'll probably only be able to tell from the liner notes, if at all. I'm praying to god Tyler and Azealia aren't on there.
And praying that Will Smith is.

big ander

didn't know banks was on the album, mega disappointing that at least a part of a song is going to be balls-out awful like everything she's touched (other than 212 which is half-decent). can't wait for her debut to drop and do sub-kreay levels so she can go nuclear on twitter and then be catapulted back into obscurity where she belongs
Guys remember, these are people who just worked on it! They're not confirmed features. There's an even bigger list at KTT but I chose to be a bit more selective of what likely means they've worked on the album.

For most of them, you'll probably only be able to tell from the liner notes, if at all. I'm praying to god Tyler and Azealia aren't on there.
oh good. not gonna lie though I wouldn't mind tyler co-producing on a track in some way. multiple beats on wolf are gooooood

Tokubetsu

Let's not forget that being on a Kanye album means you might have just added some obscured backing vocals to a chorus or some shit and you probably won't even get a feature listing or barely a mention in the liner notes.

DominoKid

And praying that Will Smith is.

Tyler already said he's on there, but in ways that you can't tell. aka not rapping, thank god.

Sai-kun

Banned
didn't know banks was on the album, mega disappointing that at least a part of a song is going to be balls-out awful like everything she's touched (other than 212 which is half-decent). can't wait for her debut to drop and do sub-kreay levels so she can go nuclear on twitter and then be catapulted back into obscurity where she belongs

yo ander what up

songs by abanks that own:

liqourice
yung rapunxel
out of space

it's gonna be rad. unless it's not. which it might not be because i haven't even listened to the rest of fantasea

Koodo

Banned
If Kanye managed to make THIS defecate an aromatically pleasant verse:

KiPeDc6.png

I'm sure he could manage to summon the lone drop of creativity responsible for 212 lodged somewhere deep in the odorous crevasse that is Azealia's career.

Ellasman

I was at the grocery store earlier and saw on a magazine that the Kardashian's are millions in debt. Kanye better drop this ASAP.

...hahahaha

Kanye is the reverse Busta Rhymes. He always gets destroyed on his own tracks.
I am totally going to start referring to Kanye as "Reverse Busta Rhymes" from now on. This post and the one it's quoting are my favourites.

Really interesting list of collaborators, as always. Some amazing, some baffling, in just the right ratio that I HAVE to hear what it will all sound like in the end.

Hyped for new Mannie Fresh beats.
Hopefully Mos Def's contribution to this album isn't in the same vein as Drunk and Hot Girls.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
To Enzo, may yeezus bless thee. Also, about that list of collaborators. Most of their influence will probably be on the album but not in any type of discernible form.

big ander

yo ander what up

liqourice
yung rapunxel
out of space

it's gonna be rad. unless it's not. which it might not be because i haven't even listened to the rest of fantasea
all of these are bad songs beyond 212, and I tried really hard to like them. She is very very bad at rapping, sadly. Praying for what toku reminded me is a possibility: that she's making obscure ambient noises in the background, or did something that ye chopped up to make good.

Also hey not much

DominoKid

yo ander what up

liqourice
yung rapunxel
out of space

212 and 1991 are decent, the rest of her stuff is trash.
i'd rather hear her instrumentals. especially that 1991.

RJT

What's the Kanye cycle? I'm Sonic fan (videogame) and the franchise also has a cycle.

CD > MBDTF = LR >>>> Graduation > WTT >>>>>>>>>> 808

Once someone says this, you can't resist posting your own rankings. Then a discussion about MBDTF is had. Then someone says 808 is actually good. Repeat until forever.

IrishNinja

hope ya'll are ready for will smith's kid, cause they're a duo or something now

What's the Kanye cycle? I'm Sonic fan (videogame) and the franchise also has a cycle.

they're very different things

with sonic, colors and then generations finally broke the cycle, so it's dead

with ye, there's always some crazy person who proclaims MBDTF or 808 to be ye's best album, cause a cavalcade of reasoned posts listing all of ye's albums better than those

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wouldn't be surprised if Azealia just sings the hook on a song. Her voice is good enough.
No way she is getting hook duty. If he brings a female rapper out, it's to rap. If folks aren't familiar with Kanye's process, he basically does a song with his internal group and then calls up various artists to see what they can bring to the track. When Mike Will was being interviewed he said Mercy was done when Kanye called and Kanye just asked him what he could do to make it better or what twist he could put on the song. Then they listen to all the different versions and see what's best and go with that version. Mike Will's drums eventually ended up on the final track. In the end, I don't think she'll stack up if she was writing anything compared to the others he has there. I think Iggy even stopped by in Paris. Pop-GAF will probably go crazy if either or ended up on the final.

CuDi may have 2 of the hooks on there from reports. Then there's Teyana Taylor, James Faunterloy, John Legend, Future, etc. About a trillion other hook monsters and singers he can use to get that job done.

I would actually REALLY REALLY like another Elly Jackson hook. That's My Bitch <3

Rate all of Kanyes albums from best to worst

DONT DO IT

EDIT: RJT's description is better.

Trigger

No way she is getting hook duty. If he brings a female rapper out, it's to rap. If folks aren't familiar with Kanye's process, he basically does a song with his internal group and then calls up various artists to see what they can bring to the track. When Mike Will was being interviewed he said Mercy was done when Kanye called and Kanye just asked him what he could do to make it better or what twist he could put on the song. Then they listen to all the different versions and see what's best and go with that version. Mike Will's drums eventually ended up on the final track. In the end, I don't think she'll stack up if she was writing anything compared to the others he has there. I think Iggy even stopped by in Paris. Pop-GAF will probably go crazy if either or ended up on the final.

CuDi may have 2 of the hooks on there from reports. Then there's Teyana Taylor, James Faunterloy, John Legend, Future, etc. About a trillion other hook monsters and singers he can use to get that job done.

I would actually REALLY REALLY like another Elly Jackson hook. That's My Bitch <3

Interesting. I've never really read about Kanye's methods. I'm curious to see how he uses her on a track.

Let's not forget that being on a Kanye album means you might have just added some obscured backing vocals to a chorus or some shit and you probably won't even get a feature listing or barely a mention in the liner notes.

yeah forreal. though I really really hope we get some will smith on this. like a verse or an intro or some shit.

Fjordson

Yikes. Some of those guests are trash and Yeezy hasn't been good in years.

This could be a modern classic or a total train wreck. I'm excited.

botty

Banned
Yikes. Some of those guests are trash and Yeezy hasn't been good in years.

This could be a modern classic or a total train wreck. I'm excited.

It's going to be a train wreck. This is the Kanye Kardashian era, and based on that frank ocean feat it's already going down hill. It's a shame, too, cause that new slave song was so good. I hope he releases a solo version, cause I am not paying for trash.

Fjordson

It's going to be a train wreck. This is the Kanye Kardashian era, and based on that frank ocean feat it's already going down hill. It's a shame, too, cause that new slave song was so good. I hope he releases a solo version, cause I am not paying for trash.
I'm guessing it'll be a bit up and down for me.

Like just in the two SNL songs. New Slaves sounds dope, but the other one sounded awful.

Either way I'm at least interested to hear the Daft Punk collab (if the talk about them working with Kanye was true).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm guessing it'll be a bit up and down for me.

Like just in the two SNL songs. New Slaves sounds dope, but the other one sounded awful.

Either way I'm at least interested to hear the Daft Punk collab (if the talk about them working with Kanye was true).
Its looking like Daft Punk may have worked on the other SNL song, Black Skinhead.

Top Bottom